JBS S.A.

Updated January 6, 2015
Updated January 6, 2015
2.2

Joesley Mendonça Batista

IIt was the best job i ever had.

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Technician in Hyrum, UT
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance Technician in Hyrum, UT

I have been working at JBS S.A. full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They have excellent benefits, and great safety rules and a nice clean work environment.

Cons

Some people like to make ur job difficult but its always better to ignore them.

Be good leaders and value great workers.

Company pays well and has good benefits

Former Employee - Regional Driver
    Former Employee - Regional Driver

I worked at JBS S.A. full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great Pay and Equiptment with deceint hometime on reginal

Cons

Spend alot of time waiting at plants for load. Being real jerks about sleep study

Come work here if you like being abused and taken advantage of!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greeley, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greeley, CO

I have been working at JBS S.A. full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The peers I work with are great and I will truly miss them when I move on to better things. The cafeteria is a good value.

Cons

You are expected to work a minimum of 50 hours a week, even if there isn't a [legitimate] reason to do so. If you work less than that management either shuns you, or will just mark you down negatively in your review. Work life balance is a constant, every day battle. In addition to the 50 hours per week you put in at the office, you are expected to be on call and available to respond/work 24 hours a day, 7 days a week...and you will have to work almost every major holiday to accommodate business needs. The company is severely under-staffed to keep up with the workload, and each employee is expected to literally do the work of 2-3 people.

The only non-manager employees that are paid decently are those that were grandfathered in when JBS acquired their companies (Smithfield, Pilgrims Pride, Packerland, etc). Everyone else is paid far less than the industry minimum, and you will NEVER get a raise regardless of how many additional responsibilities you take on, or how much you personally grow (unless you become part of the management team). JBS is making money hand over fist, but that money never trickles down to the people that are most instrumental in making it, which is very sad.

Many managers here are incompetent & unqualified, and have only been promoted either because of a paper degree they have, or because they've simply been here longer than others.

As other reviewers have said you are treated like a number and not a human being. I wish it weren't so, but the prevalent "non-American" mentality seems to be that management can and will treat you as crappy as they want to and if you don't like it you can leave, because they will eagerly hire the next entry-level candidate or college student that comes along...making things even worse for the poor co-workers you've left behind.

Hire an appropriate number of employees to handle the ever increasing workload. Compensate those employees better. You expect them to do double to triple the work but want to pay them half as much! Promote managers that are appropriately qualified. Improve work life balance.

A PLACE TO STAY AWAY FROM...

I worked at JBS S.A. (more than a year)

Pros

Don't even know if there is any Pros to this company. The great location in Greeley! I think that's all.

Cons

That's the worst company I have ever worked. They treat people like numbers. There is no communication. No proper training is offered. Long hours. Low wages. High turnover because nobody wants to stay in the company for a long time. Many people that I know working there have quit their jobs, too.
    That is an awful place to be. Plants and corporate as well.

Read 360 Review and make that a real review.
    Stop treating people like number, threat them as human beings instead!

STAY AWAY, ACTUALLY....RUN, FAST AWAY!!!

Former Employee - Transaction Tax Accountant
    Former Employee - Transaction Tax Accountant

I worked at JBS S.A. full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Most co-worker relationships were pretty good, this was because we were all in the same boat.....a constantly listing one, eventually you will get sick.

Cons

Most commute to Greeley - for commute, all that Greeley does NOT have to offer and the SMELL of the city....wages are low. Management is awful, especially department and senior management. We used to all joke that if you stay long enough......you get J B.S.'d

PLEASE READ THE 360 REVIEWS, why have employees do them if you don't read them!!! If someone, anyone, who actually has some power and gives a damn about the employees - many managers would be gone!

not longterm employee friendly

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at JBS S.A. full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

they are a large world wide company and have a possibility of becoming a great company

Cons

they will always hire someone for less money than someone with great skills. they will find a way to get rid of long term management so they can be replaced with someone for less money. instead of solving a problem by communication they will disolve and re-hire all new people. if you ask why they are doing something a particular way, you will be soon out of work for not being a team player.

Treat employees as people instead of a number as it is your employees that make the company.

Low pay, poor management, this place stinks

Current Employee - Financial Analysis in Greeley, CO
    Current Employee - Financial Analysis in Greeley, CO

I have been working at JBS S.A. full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

nice location in western edge of Greeley

Cons

no idea where they're headed - reorganized my department 5 times in 24 months. No loyalty - employees accomplish all goals, meet all standards, then get let go because someone decides to change direction. Wasted three years of my life. Echo what another user said - management is Brazilian and wants to pretend they can ignore American laws and regulations just by shouting at their subordinates about it.

nothing they would listen to

A good place to ride out the recession.

Current Employee - Customer Service in Greeley, CO
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Greeley, CO

I have been working at JBS S.A.

Pros

Fancy new corporate office building, excellent location, most employees are friendly. Discounted purchases of meat! Benefits are pretty good.

Cons

-Below market salaries for lower level positions
    -Sketchy accounting practices
    -A management team from Brazil that thinks they can make their own rules, with little regard towards American laws and business practices
    -Lots of knee jerk business decisions, and big ego's

Learn how to operate a business in America - You are not in Brazil anymore.

I learned a lot there

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I worked at JBS S.A. full-time (more than a year)

Pros

It is a big family. They are really good to make an emotional connection

Cons

The benefits, they don't have medical assistance

I am proud to take part of this team

Current Employee - General Manager in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)
    Current Employee - General Manager in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I have been working at JBS S.A. full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

A truthfull company whith a lot of oportunities

Cons

The company must have a lot of of planing, it`s very hard without knowing what to do the nest step