JC Ehrlich Reviews

John Myers

It was educational.

Former Employee - Marketing Copywriter Intern  in  Reading, PA
    Former Employee - Marketing Copywriter Intern in Reading, PA

I worked at JC Ehrlich as an intern for less than a year

Pros

It was a great internship opportunity as I learned the basics of working as a marketing copywriter. The variety kept it fresh. I had ample freedom to move about and learn as much as possible and that made learning all the more enjoyable.

Cons

Things changed abruptly when my then supervisor accepted another job offer. The suddenly former Vice President of Marketing, Mike Dane, an outstanding leader and innovator, unfortunately left for a new challenge.
    After his departure there was a noticeable drop in team enthusiasm and a loss of morale.

Listen to your employees, not just what they say, but observe what they do. Actions say it all.

Just a number

Current Employee - Pest Control Technician  in  Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Pest Control Technician in Miami, FL

I have been working at JC Ehrlich full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good training, nice people to work with and fun job

Cons

too much pressure on quantity of work and micro-management

Care about people we are not just numbers

Great company to work for

I have been working at JC Ehrlich full-time for more than a year

Pros

In a current state of growth mode

Cons

Yo have to learn a great deal about vector control

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Excellent if you provide Excellence in Service!

Current Employee - Pest Control Technician  in  Youngstown, OH
    Current Employee - Pest Control Technician in Youngstown, OH

I have been working at JC Ehrlich full-time

Pros

The money is excellent and you get 2 raises in the first 90 days. Training is excellent and management is available practically 24/7 to help you with any problems (personal or professional) that you may be having. Co-workers are very helpful and you can call them anytime for help as well. As another tech told me "For me to succeed, I need you to succeed." You get a company vehicle with company gas that you get to take home every night and you can even use it for personal use. (Don't abuse it or buy gas on Sunday!) You also get a percentage of each stop as a bonus on top of your hourly wage. You are truly valued as an employee and your opinion is valued as well.

Cons

The health benefits are expensive; like shock and awe for a family plan. Days can exceed 14 hours during the summer and stops will be added to you during the day. Pay can be inconsistent during the winter when things slow down.

Please admit that "Virtual Office" was a failure. (You've all but thrown it out so an apology would be nice) Cintas policy and ideology shouldn't apply to pest control. Keep going forward and promoting from within.

Great company to work for...

Current Employee - Commercial Sales  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Commercial Sales in Tampa, FL

I have been working at JC Ehrlich full-time for more than a year

Pros

Everyone is treated equal, all the time, everyone feels like an important part of the team!

Cons

Communication could be better between departments...

Better communication would help everyone!

If you want to become just a number, you should work for us (a British owned corporation), or be our customer (a sheep).

Current Employee - Tech  in  Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Tech in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at JC Ehrlich full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Vacation and personal days, company's vehicle and gas.

Cons

Long hours, adding more and new responsibilities to you on a regular basis. Changing things that have been obviously working for decades and implementing new, out of a delivery service industry (read: CINTAS) types of operations that is putting more work on everyone. Forget about the raise (even the cost of living one). They give you an extra 15 cents per hour but adjust the productivity incentive each year, so you're actually making less money, the more time you spend with them.
    They never hire (promote) from within the company.

Keep doing what you're doing and you'll succeed in getting this, once local, family owned, trusted company to a corporate, money making (for shareholders) machine that treats everyone (employees and customers) as nothing more than numbers.

Americas Finest Pest Control!

Current Employee - Technician  in  Middletown, NY
    Current Employee - Technician in Middletown, NY

I have been working at JC Ehrlich full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Excellent pay, Coworkers are great, Service Is top notch!

Cons

I have none at this time

Keep doing what your doing!

The are trying to become Cintas

Former Employee - Commercial Sales  in  Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Commercial Sales in Baltimore, MD

I worked at JC Ehrlich full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Some flexibility in your schedule. Gas card, Cell phone.

Cons

The CEO is from Cintas. He hired all his old friends from Cintas. The problem is, they do not care about pest control. They have no passion for it. My sales manager didn't know were to look for roaches in a restaurant. They have you do these ridiculous phone blocks calling people to set up appointments. That may have worked in the linen business, but it will not work here. They really have no clue as to how to run a pest company.

What started as a family business that was truly interested in delvering a superior product has become a factory for sales reps. Just like Cintas, there is a steady churn and burn on reps. While I was there at least 5 reps left and 5 new ones started in a 6 month period. That would never have happened when it was the Ehrlich of old.. People did not leave the Hammels. 25 years was nothing.

The best career I ever had!

Former Employee - Operations Manager  in  Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Operations Manager in Baltimore, MD

I worked at JC Ehrlich

Pros

Technicians were paid on individual performance and level of training. Many technicians earn more than their competitors and can remain in their position for life if they desire. Management paid livable salaries with exceptional bonus plans enabling all levels of management the opportunity to earn 6 figure incomes based on your abilities to grow the business and profits of each office. The opportunity to be your own boss within the guidelines of the companies framework. Excellent benefits package. O/T for hourly employees. Alternate weekends off. Closed on major holidays w/pay.

Cons

Technicians and management may work excessive hours during peak seasons. Technicians have to deal with schedules that may change daily with added work orders or cancelled/no show services.

Set maximum hours that all positions are allowed to work each day. Some technicians have been asked to work 12 and 14 hour days due to large projects or other techs calling out sick and then being asked to complete all of their own services the next day. Ops managers fall into the same cycle working as much as 16 to 18 hour days at the whim of the district managers and then being asked to return to work the next day at their regular time and perform at peak levels even during the peak season. When someone is on vacation including managers, they shouldn't be called with work related issues unless it is an extreme circumstance or emergency. Generally, there is nothing they can do to resolve the situations if they are out of town.

95% of the people are great to work with. Would not recommend taking a position in the Forrestville, MD office.

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at JC Ehrlich full-time for more than a year

Pros

Really great place to work. As I said 90% of the people are awesome. They have territory's broken down for regions and have offices in Fredrick , Millersville, Baltimore, and Forestville. All locations are great with the big exception of Forrestville. Money can be made in the higher income territories like Montgomery County or Northern Va. But I would not recommend the Northern VA territory because it is run from the Forrestville MD office.

Cons

Cannot really make much more than $85,000. There are people who work there for 20 years and are only making $85,000 on a good year.
    Cannot make money if your territory is located in a lower income or rundown area. Stay with the higher more profitable locations.

NONE

Worked for JC Ehrlich? Contribute to the Community!