JCSI Reviews

Updated July 11, 2014
Updated July 11, 2014
2.4

Jim Sullivan

Postive experience, great work environment, great starter company

Current Employee - Junior Recruiter in Westborough, MA
    Current Employee - Junior Recruiter in Westborough, MA

I have been working at JCSI as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Some pros of this company are the following:
    Great work environment
    Great company to start learning about staffing and HR
    Always people around to help you

Cons

Not really a Con, but if youre looking for a large company this is not the place for you, it is fairly small, yet has a number of large scale clients

Overall, bad experience

I worked at JCSI full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Coworkers are great, made a lot of amazing friends there. If you are a recent grad looking for something for about 6 months to get some work experience before starting your career, this is the place for you. You get NO training or support, so it actually helps when you move into a real career because you can handle what's thrown at you.

Cons

Leadership has little to no experience, client-facing employees get NO support, and the "office" environment makes it tough to get any work done. The management team is COMPLETELY unprofessional; talks about employees to their coworkers, tells people they have gotten a promotion before the internal interview process is over, posts statuses/pictures on Facebook all day, etc.
    Management treats you well when the company is making $$ and promises you a future with them, but will cut you loose in a second when times are tough, and they'll do this by simply removing your desk and telling you when you come in for work one day that you no longer work there.
    You are asked to work 12 (or more) hour days for EXTREMELY low pay while management takes vacations every other week.
    When I decided to leave the company, I did so in a professional manner and was still treated horribly when I left; management called me selfish and then ignored me until I walked out of the building (which was reassurance that I made the right decision in joining another company).

Value your employees.

Joke, only work if you are desperate

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant

I worked at JCSI as a contractor

Pros

Unfortunately, none. I'm really the type of person that tries to find the good even in the worst scenario but there are none.

Cons

Salary- If you are a Recruiter with 1+ year of experience, they will pay you $38k which is a joke. Good luck if you have no experience. They like to hire contractors in (which is fine) but they are completely unethical when it comes to letting someone go. They don't care. They will hire you and tell you it's indefinite and on the day they want to get rid of you, they go up to you and tell you not to come back.

Culture- This is one of the places who has people from Director-level to PM's who are inexperienced and worked their way up to that by kissing the right person's behind. That creates the hierarchy of "I'm better than you"- It's really pathetic when management should be the one who promotes a healthy, positive culture to empower everyone to succeed. Not this case.

Management- they are by far some of the most unprofessional managers I have ever come across. Not saying names but the person in charge of the recruitment has been seen trash talking about the employees of the company.

And there you have it- my utmost honest review. Work here only if you are desperate and have nothing else while looking for more respectable, professional work environments.

Poor Management

Former Employee - Associate Project Manager
    Former Employee - Associate Project Manager

I worked at JCSI full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Most coworkers are very friendly.

Cons

-Management is underqualified. They do not instill confidence in their employees and it leads to a lack of office morale.
    -Office setting is unprofessional.
    -Inappropriate relationships
    -Incosistent bonuses, which are so small that they are unmotivating
    -Management often gives different employees, different messages, which leads employees to not trust them
    -No real training is provided
    -They act more as bosses, than leaders
    -They hang on to underperforming employees, because of personal relationships

Start being honest with employees.

Unorganized

I have been working at JCSI

Pros

Great people, and fun company parties.

Cons

No upward mobility, lack of experience with staff, and poor management

Create an environment that is fair, where people can grow with you.

Company Values

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Grafton, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Grafton, MA

I have been working at JCSI full-time

Pros

Good people to work with

Cons

The company is always trying too many different ideas all the time
    The office is not comfortable to work in

Follow your own company values

Best Friends Club

I worked at JCSI full-time

Pros

Relaxed environment, beers on Fridays, ability to work from home, Gym and cafeteria in the office, friendly staff.

Cons

Unprofessional, Inappropriate management relationships, Nepotism, Men get paid more than women, is more like a college business experiment than a fully functioning company. The upper management is incredibly under qualified in many aspects and does not seem to understand the jobs that they are managing.

Be more organized, focus more on training and hiring qualified individuals instead of those who simply fit the "culture"

Spammy work environment, favoritism at it's best

Former Employee - Recruiter
    Former Employee - Recruiter

I worked at JCSI as a contractor

Pros

Mentioned from others.. willing to give anyone a chance whether you have a degree or not. If you're truly desperate, you should come in here just to get "professional experience" under your belt.
    Some-what flexible scheduling
    Young workers

Cons

Where should I start?
    Young workers could be a plus but also has a backfire.. people are nepotistic and favoritism is a must in order to advance. You have to act like you're truly grateful to be working there. Cliques are inevitable, felt like High School all over again instead of a "professional working environment".
    Pay is LOW, for the amount of work, hours, and unattainable goals you are given.
    Business model is quite spammy, upper management acts nice but really doesn't care about their employees or helping them succeed-- unless you suck up and remain a "favorite".
    Co-workers, some were nice, some were catty, depending on the day and mood

I work at JCSI

I have been working at JCSI full-time

Pros

Great place to work to get your feet wet in the business world.
    Willing to give anyone that fits the culture a chance.
    Casual environment and somewhat flexible schedule.
    Friendly CEO.
    Great spread of experience levels in all roles.

Cons

Low pay with unclear bonus potential, not much room for growth.
    Tricky to navigate environment, cliques form very quickly, some favoritism from management,.
    High and ever changing goals, sometimes they should be adjusted per situation.
    Erratic and inconsistent training.
    Lack of confidence and feeling of restlessness from employees in regards to the stability of the company when billable hours drop

Communicate with all employees to avoid the awkward gap between those in the know and those outside the know. Make training more consistent and longer term career advancement opportunities more obtainable.

Great people who recognize talent and reward success.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westborough, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westborough, MA

I have been working at JCSI full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexibile schedule, casual office environment, fun-loving group of professionals who love to compete both at work and play. Company fosters collaboration and support for career advancement, as well as constant effort to improve delivery to clients and help staff achieve individual and collective goals. This company likes to work and play hard, and have fun!

Cons

Commute on Route 495 can be tough. Like weather in New England, office changes occur regularly--sometimes with little advance notice for those involved.

Communicate better and more often.