JD Byrider Reviews

CEO

1. Sell and make money

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at JD Byrider (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you can sell you can make money
    Good benefits

Cons

Management keot chaging things thinking that would fix the company instead of just going back to the old way of doing things.

Pay more and don't high from outside the company

2. no commission or Bonus potential unless you sell 12 cars
    Commission structure is low

I worked at JD Byrider

Pros

The pay is decent if you can hustle enough sales a month to get a bonus, definitely a learning experience for the right person.

Cons

Management disperses horrible leads and does not take accountability for their actions
    no room for advancement, more like a telemarketer position.

3. Keep your strongest resources

Former Employee - Service Manager in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Service Manager in Columbus, OH

I worked at JD Byrider full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits, Flexibility, Great concept

Cons

Poor corporate direction, lack of transparency, too many changes that are implemented and then reversed. Does not value employee pool that it has and is often looking outside the box for upper management that has little to no related experience in the industry. Lax training and follow through.

Value your resources and work with the stronger players to uphold JDB standards and customer service. Provide clear direction and transparency.

5. Horrible intensities people to work for

I worked at JD Byrider (less than a year)

Pros

i do not have any pros

Cons

they are in no way shape or for family oriented. You will be fired off the clock for any reason that they can make up! They will hold grudges and management takes employee sides even if they don't know what's going on if they don't like u then u r screwed no matter how good of a worker you are!!!!!

fire all management and employees and start over

6. Work environment is great. Awesome people to work with.

I have been working at JD Byrider

Pros

Great people to work with.

Cons

Growth potential seems to be limited in certain departments.

7. Avoid IT Department

Former Employee - Help Desk Technician in Carmel, IN
    Former Employee - Help Desk Technician in Carmel, IN

I worked at JD Byrider full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Company will pay for tier 1 training/certifications. Offers reasonable vacation time.

Cons

Help Desk role is a dead end. One Help Desk employee has worked in the tier 1 role for over 13 years, with no advancement. There is NO teamwork between the 40+ IT roles within the company. Help Desk role is a glorified customer service position, for JD Byrider's in-house software. Weekly on-call rotation requires you to remotely support in-house software throughout the night and weekends.

Other departments outside of IT go on expensive outings, while IT throws a pitch-in once a year? No career path within tier 1 IT positions, no one has been promoted from tier 1 in several years. Outside of IT there is rapid advancement opportunities, why not promote within? Your proprietary software is complex, so why wouldn't you want senior IT personnel with in-house experience?

8. Account Manager

Former Employee - Account Manager
    Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at JD Byrider full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Diversified duties and ability to build relationship with customers

Cons

Upper management cares more about bottom line than how they treat employees.

9. Glorified Clerk Needed

Former Employee - Branch Finance Manager in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Branch Finance Manager in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at JD Byrider

Pros

Company bought lunch on Saturdays

Cons

Recruited out of a career in mortgage lending under the premise of the position being a stepping stone to General Manager and their having had "success with real estate and mortgage professionals" , I was suddenly terminated with no notice, write-ups, nada after just a few months of employment, stating I wasn't meeting sales quotas, even though sales was not my responsibility and I was told as much by the company president after he found activity on my assigned computer which was authorized by my General Manager on my day off. Sales was also not mentioned in the job description provided prior to hiring. I was however exceeding expectations insofar as my actual duties involving the submission of complete files in a timely manner was concerned. Immense pressure to sell scarce inventory (we couldn't get a four wheel drive vehicle, in Colorado, during the winter), far above blue book and at very, very high interest rates, making the bonus structure laughable. Located out of state, there is little to no upper management support and what little there was being negative reinforcement. Extreme micro-management of store personnel left little to no local discretion/oversight to properly handle the personnel issues found in an extremely high turnover, poisonous, back-biting environment that exists when where your sales people can't make money, store "managers" are glorified clerks and the employees know it. I was once scolded for inquiring as to the chain of command within a month of my employment! This may seem like sour grapes but, try it. Unless they've changed ownership/upper management (or they read this review and/or change(d) their evil ways), you'll see.

Trust those you hire to manage your local stores. Offer real benefits.

10. Whatever you make it

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Davenport, IA
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Davenport, IA

I have been working at JD Byrider full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Can make great money and always learning. Owner is hands on.

Cons

Lots of hours if you want to make the money.

More training to upper management.

Florida Franchise

Former Employee - General Manager in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - General Manager in Tampa, FL

I worked at JD Byrider full-time (less than a year)

Pros

NONE TO LIST. The company has no positive aspects if you are looking to perform a job properly. If you want to sit on your tail and just do nothing then they are probably what you are looking for.

Cons

There are WAY to many to list. Disorganized, unprofessional, demeaning to customers, LOW pay for the duties you are expected to perform, NO LIFE OR FAMILY TIME, If you are considering management, you are saddled by ownership to allow the sales reps do whatever they want to do. If you try to bring structure and hold them accountable for their actions and performance, that just wont do. The managers DO NOT run the operations. If you are driven as I am to make a difference and help make a bad situation better lol don't bother.

Stop allowing lowlife sales associates to control your business. If you hire a quality Manager that is excited to help build a team and grow the business, don't get rid of them for a cancerous sales associate that is only in it for themselves and what little money they can steal by doing only what is needed to keep their job. Use some good judgement in determining who is an asset and who is a liability.