JD Byrider Reviews

CEO

1. Work on a great team

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carmel, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carmel, IN

I have been working at JD Byrider full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I work on a great team, with tenured employees who care.

Cons

With multiple Franchisee's the range of people working for this company can vary widely depending on the location.

sales

I have been working at JD Byrider full-time

Pros

You can make a lot of money. It is fast paced and the more customers you work with, the better chance to make more money.

Cons

While the service manager tries to keep the cars on the road, they are old and have high miles so they brake down a lot. Customers are not very happy and you spend a lot of time putting out fires.

Advice to Management

If you force your sales people to say that the company stands behind what they sell, then the company should do that.

customer service

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carmel, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carmel, IN

I worked at JD Byrider part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy job, laid back enviornment. Good job for right out of high school or college students.

Cons

Its too laid back. There are a bunch of immature young adults 25 and younger in supervisor positions. This would not be so bad if they werent so immature. They curse, and watch you tube all day.

Advice to Management

Please stress professionalism

5. Sales

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Houston, TX

I worked at JD Byrider full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Relaxed environment Health insurance

Cons

Payscale constantly changes and significantly under paid to other locations Long work weeks 60 plus hrs Company does not promote within Illegal collection practices Overall company does not care about customers .. Knowingly puts out product not ready for sale. Treats customers like numbers not people which has been the downfall of the whole business

Advice to Management

Improve customer service Promote within Work on work/life balance Buy better qualify cars have approiate office enviornment Demand Better from poor employees Hire someone within that is qualified to take over for current upper management

Sales

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Emmaus, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Emmaus, PA

Pros

300 a car plus good benefits

Cons

Worst management ever! They have you call customers over a thousand times who clearly stated they no longer wanted to be contacted. The training is not at all helpful and the customers always come back because their engine stopped working a week later. It's a scam and the people who run it don't care about helping people. They just want your money. No organization at all! And the sales people constantly try and cut throat

Advice to Management

Be more organized. Properly train your employees and stop harassing people!

7. JD Byrider

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

I worked at JD Byrider (Less than a year)

Pros

The hours are not bad.

Cons

Everything else could use improvement!

Advice to Management

Treat the staff with with the same respect that you expect.

District Manager is DEGRADING

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, IN

Pros

Pay wasn't bad and other employees are nice

Cons

They have long hours and don't expect you to take a day off and if you do it is frowned upon. The distract manger for area in Indiana is degrading and demands respect but has no respect for anyone. The quota is way to high to meet.

Advice to Management

Talk to the employees as if you remotely care it would be amazing to see that you give respect you get respect. When you degrade people they care less about their job.

9. Best job ever

Former Employee - Program Consultant in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Program Consultant in Columbus, OH

I worked at JD Byrider full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

*Great pay and benefits *Great concept *Wonderful Customers

Cons

Hours were killer, no time for family or friends, all the good coworkers left because of constant changes in the payplan, upper management stopped valuing talented employees

Advice to Management

Value your talented employees, stop holding grudges

10. My Experience but Things May Have Changed

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Carmel, IN
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Carmel, IN

I worked at JD Byrider part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

First corporate experience. I had to take a leave and Becky was very helpful. When the company was sold we were told our jobs were secure and the Mrs. DeVoe decided to give employees bonuses based on the amount of time we spent with the company. However, a week later they terminated my position and the position of others. I trained the staff member who replaced me. However, they were inflexible to my school schedule and being let go allowed me to focus more on school and get my degree. Being laid off from J.D. Byrider was one of the best things to happen to me.

Cons

I worked here part time making outbound calls to follow up with customers after they purchased a car or after they had their car in for service. When a customer would have an issue we were told to refer them back to their dealership or offer the complaint line. It seemed like a vicious cycle because complaints were not anonymous and that led to other problems. It didn't feel good knowing that there were problems and I couldn't help solve them. Listening to some customers' stories about how they've had 4 motors in their vehicles since they've purchased or how they felt they were left high and dry after their purchase. Or how they weren't told the price of their vehicle until the end of the process and when they saw their six year old P.T. Cruiser was $17,000 they had already spent so much time at the dealership, they felt they had to go through with the purchase. J.D. Byrider seemed to prey on the week and desperate. I understand that customers have the power to walk away from the table but if they are going to sign a contract paying 4x what a car is worth, it should at least last them through the life of the loan and not traded out for another vehicle that will put them in the same position. It is no doubt that a lot of Byrider's customers are high risk so charging higher prices/interest is understandable but to this extent, I felt guilty saying that I worked for J.D. Byrider.

Advice to Management

Show more compassion to customer's disposition who have gotten a bad deal.

11. 90% of Customers are Jerks

Current Employee - Sales & Program Consultant
    Current Employee - Sales & Program Consultant

I have been working at JD Byrider (Less than a year)

Pros

My particular franchise is small in size, and we don't move a lot of cars. There is on-demand online training any time you need to refresh yourself. The original model established 25 years ago is a good one. Our franchise owner truly cares and services our customers.

Cons

Customers just plain suck most of the time. You can't have anyone do a credit application online which basically every dealership does except us. Corporate doesn't claim any review sites so all the reviews found are negative, when there's tons of good reviews on our own site. There is no commission, just bonuses. Anything a sales person wants to do to "brand" themselves has to practically be approved through corporate. We have to sell them based on their "needs" rather than wants.

Advice to Management

Adjust the model to fit with the times. Everyone is looking at KBB, so everyone feels like it's a rip off because this stupid guide infers that it is. Offer newer and higher priced cars. Competition is getting people into newer cars with longer terms with more goodies. It's easier to sell wants over needs.

RSS Feed </> Embed