JDA Software

JDA Software Reviews

Updated Apr 21, 2014

JDA Software President and CEO Hamish N. J. Brewer

Hamish N. J. Brewer

Pros:
  • "Good work life balance, opportunity to grow, overall a good company to work with"
    in 33 reviews
  • "gt;Good work culture with no silly rules/restrictions"
    in 28 reviews
Cons:
  • "Compensation was a little on the lower side but I guess with good work-life balance comes lesser compensation"
    in 6 reviews
  • "Not good Senior Management nowadays"
    in 7 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Sales

I worked at JDA Software full-time for more than 5 years

ProsDecent compensation for a base but total comp plan was not obtainable for 3/4's of the team.

ConsManagement is horrible. Goals are not aligned throughout the sales department. There is no repercussions for those who break the rules. Management has created an environment of internal competition between sales team members for a customer or account.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in the product and eliminate the over abundance of middle management.

Manager for Cargo Revenue Management Solutions

I worked at JDA Software full-time

ProsDown to earth, smart and friendly people

ConsSoftware development and sale cycles can be very long, but this is not really JDA's fault. It is how the market is.

Advice to Senior ManagementSupport and expand Revenue Management group.

Top heavy, but full of smart, experienced people

Business Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at JDA Software full-time for more than 5 years

ProsI've been very lucky to work with some very smart people from developers, to consultants, to product management, there is a lot of intellectual capital here. JDA products are used across a huge sample of customers, giving employees the chance to work in many different industries.

ConsThe accountants and sales teams run the company, everyone else is a distant second and third. This might also be a pro considering JDA has been able to purchase Manu, i2, and Red Prairie......

Advice to Senior ManagementSo many managers and no real professional development means these managers are just doing sales. You can keep this head hunting hiring, or start building from within.

Senior Manager

Senior Manager (Former Employee)
New York, NY

I worked at JDA Software full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat company to work with for Supply chain, ambitious and financially well

ConsWith all the acquisitions they are still going through consolidation of many products which leads to changes every few months

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to consolidate before the next acquisition

It was good in the 90s, but as it grew bigger, it became more of a political place.

I worked at JDA Software

ProsGood benefits for most people.

ConsIf you challenged someone, your life became hell. Never got clear feedback on what exactly you needed to accomplish if you wanted to be promoted.

The worst company, I have worked or even heard about! My happiest day was when I left!

I worked at JDA Software full-time

ProsHigh pay and good benefits

ConsSeriously the worst company, with managers that treat people horribly. Micro managers that don't listen or appreciate associates. Many people complained to HR about hostile work environment and no action from HR. This is a lawsuit waiting to happen.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake some leadership courses and treat the associates like professional people instead of like teenage children. How would you like to be treated???

Sinking ship

I have been working at JDA Software full-time for more than 3 years

ProsPay so good, most people want to do the right thing

ConsNothing gets done without running it by the CEO- you can't micromanage a billion dollar company!

Advice to Senior ManagementDelegate, consolidate sales teams, and cut the dead executive weight

Don't Waste Your Time

Strategic Sales Executive (Former Employee)
Boston, MA

I worked at JDA Software full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat products and people, excluding most VP/SVP's and above

ConsSenior executives are afraid to take risks. They will do almost anything to protect their position to keep the high compensation flowing to their bank account.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a culture with integrity. Looking good and being good are two different topics.

Working at JDA for several years

I have been working at JDA Software full-time for more than 8 years

ProsAt least in the US for the development group the pay is good, benefits are about average with other companies. The group I work in is a great bunch of people, including our manager.

ConsUpper management is very disconnected from the workforce and doesn't seem to care about quality even tho they say that is one of the goals (too many jobs in India). Too few employees to do all the work since the last merger.

Advice to Senior ManagementBring some jobs back from India. The work done there has to be corrected here, resulting in double work for the US workers.

JDA is a well managed company but has a lot on its hands due to recent acquisitions.

Senior Manager (Current Employee)
Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at JDA Software full-time for more than 10 years

ProsThe president, Hamish Brewer, has delivered a very clear set of goals that everyone is expected to incorporate into personal goals. The company is serious about career development and offers many classes and other ways for you to learn their products and otherwise advance grow your own career.

ConsThe company has grown over the years by acquisition. The most recent acquisition, of RedPrairie corporation, has been a large nut to swallow and has caused a lot of distraction and a lot of extra work, making it hard to meet goals. As well, the company has placed a lot of reliance on their so-called "Center of Excellence" (read: IT jobs outsourced to India) but the COE delivers very uneven service to the rest of the company and in my experience has not lived up to its name.

Advice to Senior ManagementCome to grips with the drawbacks of the COE. Enforce fluency in English as a requirement for employment there and upgrade the general competency of that group.

Worked for JDA Software? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at JDA Software reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for JDA Software CEO Hamish N. J. Brewer. All 222 reviews posted anonymously by JDA Software employees.