JDA Software Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.2
Baljit Dail

Pros
  • work-life balance was pretty ok- could work from home often (in 50 reviews)

• gt; Flexible working hours and you can work from home for months until unless you are polite to work no body bothers that you are in office or home (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • I need to do a better job on my work life balance, but that is under my control (in 12 reviews)

• Not good Senior Management nowadays (in 7 reviews)

1. Large Company in a Rebuilding Phase - Good Potential

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI

I have been working at JDA Software full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have an excellent manager who supports me. In the department where I work, there is a lot of focus on professional development, especially for female employees. Training and continuous learning development are strongly encouraged. Excellent benefits. Competitive pay, though who doesn't want to earn more? Current manager is very flexible about my work/life balance, and I have the freedom to work from home occasionally.

Cons

Budgets. Red tape. It has been a rough few years as companies were acquired, companies merged, re-organizations were put into place, and the company was rebranded. It feels like JDA is still trying to decide what it does best and where to focus its energy. That affects people - whether it burns them out and they quit, or they get let go. In my department, opportunities for advancement are slim to none with my given experience and skill set. I feel I will need to go outside the company for my next move, or to make a dramatic departmental change and start over from the bottom up.

Advice to Management

Don't forget the little guys in the wayward offices. Fewer management level and above employees. Invest in your infrastructure and consider hiring people who aren't just software developers and salesmen (two high turnover groups).

2. System Engineer

I have been working at JDA Software full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Flexibility on working hours, as long as get the job done

Cons

Doesn't have much room for career advancement.

Advice to Management

Let your employee to grow, especially to the ones that have been loyal for over a decade.

3. Review

I have been working at JDA Software full-time

Pros

Lots of HR programs for Development. Lots of opportunities to move around the company into other roles. Lots of great people to work with in all departments.

Cons

Lack of Executive leadership. Constant change that isn't well planned. Too many roles off shored.

Advice to Management

Decide on a plan, stick to the plan, and communicate it clearly and often. Be more honest.

Director Financial Planning and Analysis

I worked at JDA Software full-time

Pros

Work life balance along with and good cultural environment. Many of the middle managers were excellent leaders.Corporate HQ very modern.

Cons

Executive turnover and lack of long term strategic vision. Product portfolio is very broad and scattered. I would not recommend anyone going into product management but I would advise to the operational side.

Advice to Management

Find commitment from executive team with alignment on long term growth and strategy. Provide employees a communication platform to the vision with frequent updates on progress.

6. Customer Support Analyst

Former Employee - Customer Support Analyst in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Customer Support Analyst in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at JDA Software (More than 3 years)

Pros

Career advancements, excellent benefits, good collaboration amongst employees

Cons

Lack of communication between employees and management

7. Pretty good while it lasted

Former Employee - Senior Technical Support Analyst in Waukesha, WI
    Former Employee - Senior Technical Support Analyst in Waukesha, WI

I worked at JDA Software full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Provided support on a team I really liked. We seemed to provide a lot of value to the customers. Immediate managers very helpful. Everyone on our team had 10+ years of experience. The health and other benefits were great.

Cons

Entire team eliminated in last round of offshoring. Not the place if you are based in the US for development or support or involved with older, stable products.

Advice to Management

Get through the rest of your offshoring exercises quickly. Otherwise it will hurt your recruiting and retention efforts.

Bad Culture

Current Employee - Vice President in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Vice President in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at JDA Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not many that constitute a favorable impression.

Cons

No clear direction from management levels. A rutterless ship - lost. Only growth function is HR - they hold the keys and only concern themselves with securing their roles.

Advice to Management

Sell the company to an organization that understands the business and wants to build sales. Nothing else will help.

9. Finance Intern

I worked at JDA Software

Pros

Learned many valuable experiences in the Finance department

Cons

They ran out of projects for me to do

Sad, so sad - offshore killed the supply-chain star

I worked at JDA Software full-time

Pros

Some management have a clue Wages OK Benefits good

Cons

Since the merger with RedPrairie, JDA has gone from a hundreds-of-millions-cash-rich company to a billions-of loss-in-debt-liability. I don't believe that the investors will tolerate this for long. Just about all design and infrastructure management and development is now based in India where expectations are low and quality has seriously suffered. Senior management do not seem to be able to identify where investment should be placed, consequently at one time firing most of the sales staff, and zeroing out all capital expense budgets, although still spending on suites at the SuperBowl and $5,000 executive breakfasts at the PGA. They also don't understand that this is an AMERICAN company, not an INDIAN company so targets, deadlines, quality and sense of direction are severely compromised, sending the company into a well of painful whining politics and 'cultural sensitivity' instead of progress.

Advice to Management

Bring it back to America. Downsize and cut out the dead wood. Set up an infrastructure with a limited number of managers and a dedicated workforce who understand a true 'sense of direction' and 'job passion'.

Good place to work

I have been working at JDA Software full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great people, responsive management, good culture

Cons

Dedicated to offshoring, really botched the merger with RedPrairie

RSS Feed </> Embed