JDA Software Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.2
Baljit Dail

Pros
  • work-life balance was pretty ok- could work from home often (in 50 reviews)

• gt; Flexible working hours and you can work from home for months until unless you are polite to work no body bothers that you are in office or home (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • I need to do a better job on my work life balance, but that is under my control (in 12 reviews)

• Not good Senior Management nowadays (in 7 reviews)

1. Good Company to Work _ Large Knowledge Base in SCM

Current Employee - Senior Business Consultant in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Business Consultant in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at JDA Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Employee friendly Worklife balace Policy are set as employee friendly

Cons

Growth slow No Cross functional teams set

2. JDA has the potential to be great

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at JDA Software full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I had a manager who supported me. In the department where I work, there is a lot of focus on professional development. Training and continuous learning development are strongly encouraged. They have reasonable benefits and competitive pay. I had the freedom to work from home occasionally.

Cons

It has been an interesting few years as companies were acquired, companies merged, re-organizations were put into place, and the company was rebranded. It feels like JDA is still trying to decide what it does best and where to focus its energy. The move to offshore jobs is very evident.

Advice to Management

Streamline upper management level and above. Rethink the offshore strategy, the adverse impact on customers is very noticeable to outsiders and insiders.

So sad to see the decline of a once great company

Former Employee - Management/Leadership in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Management/Leadership in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at JDA Software full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There once was great corporate culture and a great leadership team in place. They had vision and were passionate and challenging in managing the business. There were long tenured employees that still took pride in their job and camaraderie throughout the various lines of business.

Cons

Software professionals with vision and passion replaced by money counters that know nothing about how to run this type of company, or sycophants within the company that are more concerned with positioning themselves than saving the company and the loyal, hardworking employees.

Advice to Management

Sell to the best offer that comes your way

5. Large Company in a Rebuilding Phase - Good Potential

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI

I have been working at JDA Software full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have an excellent manager who supports me. In the department where I work, there is a lot of focus on professional development, especially for female employees. Training and continuous learning development are strongly encouraged. Excellent benefits. Competitive pay, though who doesn't want to earn more? Current manager is very flexible about my work/life balance, and I have the freedom to work from home occasionally.

Cons

Budgets. Red tape. It has been a rough few years as companies were acquired, companies merged, re-organizations were put into place, and the company was rebranded. It feels like JDA is still trying to decide what it does best and where to focus its energy. That affects people - whether it burns them out and they quit, or they get let go. In my department, opportunities for advancement are slim to none with my given experience and skill set. I feel I will need to go outside the company for my next move, or to make a dramatic departmental change and start over from the bottom up.

Advice to Management

Don't forget the little guys in the wayward offices. Fewer management level and above employees. Invest in your infrastructure and consider hiring people who aren't just software developers and salesmen (two high turnover groups).

6. System Engineer

I have been working at JDA Software full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Flexibility on working hours, as long as get the job done

Cons

Doesn't have much room for career advancement.

Advice to Management

Let your employee to grow, especially to the ones that have been loyal for over a decade.

7. Review

I have been working at JDA Software full-time

Pros

Lots of HR programs for Development. Lots of opportunities to move around the company into other roles. Lots of great people to work with in all departments.

Cons

Lack of Executive leadership. Constant change that isn't well planned. Too many roles off shored.

Advice to Management

Decide on a plan, stick to the plan, and communicate it clearly and often. Be more honest.

Director Financial Planning and Analysis

I worked at JDA Software full-time

Pros

Work life balance along with and good cultural environment. Many of the middle managers were excellent leaders.Corporate HQ very modern.

Cons

Executive turnover and lack of long term strategic vision. Product portfolio is very broad and scattered. I would not recommend anyone going into product management but I would advise to the operational side.

Advice to Management

Find commitment from executive team with alignment on long term growth and strategy. Provide employees a communication platform to the vision with frequent updates on progress.

9. Customer Support Analyst

Former Employee - Customer Support Analyst in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Customer Support Analyst in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at JDA Software (More than 3 years)

Pros

Career advancements, excellent benefits, good collaboration amongst employees

Cons

Lack of communication between employees and management

10. Pretty good while it lasted

Former Employee - Senior Technical Support Analyst in Waukesha, WI
    Former Employee - Senior Technical Support Analyst in Waukesha, WI

I worked at JDA Software full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Provided support on a team I really liked. We seemed to provide a lot of value to the customers. Immediate managers very helpful. Everyone on our team had 10+ years of experience. The health and other benefits were great.

Cons

Entire team eliminated in last round of offshoring. Not the place if you are based in the US for development or support or involved with older, stable products.

Advice to Management

Get through the rest of your offshoring exercises quickly. Otherwise it will hurt your recruiting and retention efforts.

Bad Culture

Current Employee - Vice President in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Vice President in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at JDA Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not many that constitute a favorable impression.

Cons

No clear direction from management levels. A rutterless ship - lost. Only growth function is HR - they hold the keys and only concern themselves with securing their roles.

Advice to Management

Sell the company to an organization that understands the business and wants to build sales. Nothing else will help.

RSS Feed </> Embed