JDA Software Reviews

376 reviews filtered by

1. Director

Former Employee - Director in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Director in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at JDA Software full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent company, collaborative, Innovative, good leadership

Cons

Growth, can cause struggles with direction

2. Decent software development company to work for, still adjusting to the last major merger with RedPrairie

Current Employee - Global Support in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Global Support in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at JDA Software

Pros

The best part of the company are its employees, many of them who have been around for more than 10 years.
    The JDA customer base showcases most of the major US retail brand name, giving employees some great interaction with major companies

Cons

Most of the customer facing positions will require you to work after hours or week-ends.
    The merger that took place in 2012 is still being felt to this days, with management trying to regain lost momentum.
    Several rounds of layoff have contributed to lower moral and brain drain

Do not consider employees as just a line item in the balance sheet. Having to train new employees to back fill experienced workers puts a strain on both the company and its customers.

3. Global Company Operating in the 80's

Current Employee - Support Role in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Support Role in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at JDA Software full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The people that work there are awesome.

Cons

Tired and old building, one-ply toilet paper, very few infrastructure and tools and what ones they have are outdated by 5+ years. Also seriously outdated computers, printers and copiers. For example, this global, 5,000+ employee organization utilizes spreadsheets to create Purchase Reqs and have no system or tool to track in.

You have a global company with 5,000+ employees. Somehow you have retained some seriously awesome people, your product is great and well reviewed. So, stop being complete idiots and please invest money on GOOD infrastructure tools (i.e. SAP, Oracle/ upgrade your SharePoint to at least 2010). Your company is never going to succeed if people cannot focus on their jobs because you are too stupid to put money into implementing a solid infrastructure to support your global organization.

5. Waiting for the axe to fall

I worked at JDA Software full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good pay
    Great benefits especially when I started
    Sort of training to enhance skillset
    Options to work from home or telecommute

Cons

Morale is so low it's in the negatives
    Constant fear that your job will be off-shored
    Executive staff are apparently a revolving door
    If your job hasn't been outsourced it will be shortly
    Everyone is terrified of going in to work because we don't know when we're going to be told we're getting let go
    Offshore resources are very offshore

Everyone is waiting for the axe to fall for them either finish off-shoring everyone and just move out of the states or realize this isn't 2001 offshoring is a terrible solution and people have families, friends, and lives to support here in the country you have your glass tower in. Your pay is good but you treat people like they are disposable no one trusts the company because the culture keeps being destroyed and you have major brain drain that "COE" will never replace.

Tired of the U.S. layoffs

Former Employee - Developer
    Former Employee - Developer

I worked at JDA Software full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Above average salary, good benefits, and five weeks of vacation for long-timers such as myself (20+ years). Plenty of challenges that foster professional growth. The company is honest and straightforward about their intentions. Great people to work with, until they are laid off, that is.

Cons

The goal of a 70/30 software developer ratio (India vs US) has undeniably killed morale amongst developers and continues to do so. Waiting for yet the next layoff is a constant stress - year in and year out. At the end of each quarter (especially the first quarter), everyone (and I mean everyone - not just developers) is thinking, "am I going to be laid off"? It's not pleasant. It's hard to think about your future with the company when you are, uh, always worried about your future with the company. I can't believe such a large company as this is ramping up off-shoring - while other companies that have learned that it doesn't work are doing the opposite. I thought that was a lesson that was thoroughly learned in the 00's. Then again, I'm not a CEO.

Good luck.

7. Work you hard till you quit!

Current Employee - Software Architect in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Software Architect in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at JDA Software

Pros

The benefits are pretty good.

Cons

The employee layoffs are killing employee morale. Upper management makes all of the decision. So, unless you are one of them, your opinion won't matter either. A frustrating environment to work in. It's obvious that the company will be up for sale this year. Maybe things will change when IBM or SAP or Oracle buy JDA. Until then, try to find a new job quick before your department gets cut and they move 100+ jobs to India.

A new brand isn't going to change your culture. The way you treat your employees changes the culture. If you want us to refer our friends then make it a great place to work. Most employees would never refer a friend.

8. Absolute Mess

Former Employee - Sales in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Sales in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at JDA Software full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

From a Sales perspective the pay is competitive and you have the freedom to work remotely.

Cons

-With leadership changing every six month there is no direction in the company. With 5 levels of VP's you wonder why nothing ever gets done and sales are down year over year.
    -Will large layoffs every few months you are always waiting for the next shoe to drop.
    -Most of the employees are in CYA mode and trying to stay under the radar.
    - Management says they are looking long term but everyone knows that when you are owned by a venture capital company they are just looking to get the books cleaned up so they can sell it off in pieces. The CEO came from New Mountain Capital and is still a Sr adviser.
    - Unrealistic quotas for the Sales team- I am not sure how many CE's made Presidents club in 2014 but I know for 2013 out of the 100's of sales people there were about 5 that made it.

-Give the Sales team what they need to be successful
    -Give everyone realistic quotas.

working at JDA is often challenging but long term very fustrating

I worked at JDA Software

Pros

A large number of dedicated and extremely knowledgeable of Supply Chain associates enables those who enjoy the Supply Chain market to work with pro's

Cons

there is a trend towards treating the associates with lack of inclusion and no empowerment plus the executive team has built an disorganized and dysfunctional organization

lead the company back to it's core values of treating associates fairly and honestly and keeping the customers success top of the list of priorities not how fast & for how much can the company be sold

JDA is not out of the woods

Current Employee - Pre-Sales Consultant in Rockville, MD
    Current Employee - Pre-Sales Consultant in Rockville, MD

I have been working at JDA Software full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

JDA is a good place to learn about Supply Chain Management

Cons

JDA is now run by Private Equity that appears not to know much about software or innovation.

Remove the dead wood in upper management.

Good company, but priorities are wrong

Current Employee - Solution Architect in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Solution Architect in Dallas, TX

I have been working at JDA Software

Pros

Good people to work with. Good base of customers. Good salary.

Cons

Software products need more investment to make them the best solutions within each business they serve. Too many bad implementations. Not enough investment in implementation expertise.

Greater investment in services personnel.