JDA Software Reviews

Baljit Dail

1. Solution Architect

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at JDA Software full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible work environment, market pay scale, ability to move between organizations if applicable. There are some tremendously talented people and plenty of learning opportunities.

Cons

Long hours. Due to the nature of the business and company structure, the work life balance is not the best. This seems to be a problem across a number of teams.

Advice to Management

Find a way to help retain the key people. If not financially, other ways to offer rewards for the dedicated hours that are required to keep things moving.

So-So

Former Employee - Finance in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Finance in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at JDA Software

Pros

Good pay, good benefits, great Christmas party

Cons

Revolving door of leadership, constantly changing and with that bringing in their 'own' people

Advice to Management

Find good management and keep them in there

Global Company Operating in the 80's

Current Employee - Support Role in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Support Role in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at JDA Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people that work there are awesome.

Cons

Tired and old building, one-ply toilet paper, very few infrastructure and tools and what ones they have are outdated by 5+ years. Also seriously outdated computers, printers and copiers. For example, this global, 5,000+ employee organization utilizes spreadsheets to create Purchase Reqs and have no system or tool to track in.

Advice to Management

You have a global company with 5,000+ employees. Somehow you have retained some seriously awesome people, your product is great and well reviewed. So, stop being complete idiots and please invest money on GOOD infrastructure tools (i.e. SAP, Oracle/ upgrade your SharePoint to at least 2010). Your company is never going to succeed if people cannot focus on their jobs because you are too stupid to put money into implementing a solid infrastructure to support your global organization.

5. Work you hard till you quit!

Current Employee - Software Architect in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Software Architect in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at JDA Software

Pros

The benefits are pretty good.

Cons

The employee layoffs are killing employee morale. Upper management makes all of the decision. So, unless you are one of them, your opinion won't matter either. A frustrating environment to work in. It's obvious that the company will be up for sale this year. Maybe things will change when IBM or SAP or Oracle buy JDA. Until then, try to find a new job quick before your department gets cut and they move 100+ jobs to India.

Advice to Management

A new brand isn't going to change your culture. The way you treat your employees changes the culture. If you want us to refer our friends then make it a great place to work. Most employees would never refer a friend.

6. Absolute Mess

Former Employee - Sales in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Sales in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at JDA Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

From a Sales perspective the pay is competitive and you have the freedom to work remotely.

Cons

-With leadership changing every six month there is no direction in the company. With 5 levels of VP's you wonder why nothing ever gets done and sales are down year over year.
    -Will large layoffs every few months you are always waiting for the next shoe to drop.
    -Most of the employees are in CYA mode and trying to stay under the radar.
    - Management says they are looking long term but everyone knows that when you are owned by a venture capital company they are just looking to get the books cleaned up so they can sell it off in pieces. The CEO came from New Mountain Capital and is still a Sr adviser.
    - Unrealistic quotas for the Sales team- I am not sure how many CE's made Presidents club in 2014 but I know for 2013 out of the 100's of sales people there were about 5 that made it.

Advice to Management

-Give the Sales team what they need to be successful
    -Give everyone realistic quotas.

7. Review of JDA Software

Current Contractor - Systems Administrator in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Contractor - Systems Administrator in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at JDA Software as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Extremely flexible in hours and working from home

Cons

a ton of change in management

Advice to Management

Don't move so fast on the changes and have better communication with your associates

Such great potential...

Former Employee - Technical Architect in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Technical Architect in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at JDA Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This software company has so much potential to grow into an amazing company if those involved would get out of their own way.

Cons

Can only speak to the IT group: had great visions of turning around the entire company's data and information systems. Pie in the sky dreams held together with fragile strings. If shaken, will definitely come tumbling down due to lack of thinking. Relying too heavily on outside vendors to solve problems quickly without truly vetting out solutions, severe lack of camaraderie and leadership. Very common to wonder if your boss is still alive after months of no communication. Great place to collect paychecks/consulting hours and excel in mediocrity.

Advice to Management

None... can't teach an old Rooster how to sing with the canaries.

Growing, dynamic company, industry

Current Employee - Senior Director in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Director in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at JDA Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work from home option, casual dress, feel empowered, work with a lot of smart, seasoned people, able to make a difference

Cons

JDA loves change. This is good for some people and bad for others. Need to invest more into Arizona

Advice to Management

Stop the turnover at the top.

10. Hope to retire here!

Current Employee - Legal - Transactions in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Legal - Transactions in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at JDA Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Never in my life did I imagine such a workplace existed. Great team, great pay, trusted and can work independently, good work-life balance, the company cares whether or not employees are happy and actually understand how that affects our results, they invest in employee development, transparent management that focuses on results instead of meaningless trivialities. I hope it is always this good. I'll never leave!

Cons

There is a lot of change right now, and it has certainly caused turnover during the merger. I actually prefer such an environment, but can understand why it would be troubling for others.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, with one exception. We could stand to work on our succession planning, which would certainly help ease the minds of those adverse to such changes and help us to avoid confusing leadership vacuums. It's been a bit herky jerky and is definitely an area where we should seek to improve. Otherwise, I think we are headed in the right direction and will eventually see the results we hope for.

A great company to work for.

Current Employee - Legal Department in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Legal Department in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at JDA Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

JDA's salary is well above most software companies. On top of your salary you also are eligible for a yearly bonus.

Cons

The training could better. Although, some might like to be just thrown in to figure out how everything works.

Advice to Management

Allow contractors and employees room to grow with the company.