JELD-WEN Reviews

Reset
2.7
JELD-WEN President & CEO Kirk Hachigian
Kirk Hachigian

1. Most days are pretty easy, but get ready for some very unorganized management.

Current Employee - Warehouseman in Stayton, OR
    Current Employee - Warehouseman in Stayton, OR

I have been working at JELD-WEN full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Mostly easy going jobs. Most employees are pretty easy to get along with.

Cons

Very hot environment, very unorganized. Most issues are never fixed just, "We'll look into it."

Advice to Management

More planning on production schedules and better inventor standards, also if an employ isn't beneficial or causing problems get rid of them.

2. Welcome to Jeld Wen

Current Employee - Jeld Wen Worker in Bend, OR
    Current Employee - Jeld Wen Worker in Bend, OR

I have been working at JELD-WEN full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

All the lower workers are fun to work with and all get along easily. In the summer you will work long hours and get a nice fat paycheck. But in the winter the hours drop way down.

Cons

Where do I start? They promise a 20 cent raise every month on your paycheck. Haven't seen one in about 6 or 7 months. That could have just been my manager not doing his job? Okay, but I blame Jeld Wen for hiring a guy off the street to come manage an area that has a lot of things to improve. If the new manager doesn't even know how things run, then how is he supposed to fix anything? The smart thing to do would be to hire someone who's been working there a long time and has seen many things happen and know how everything works. I've heard some great ideas from guys that are very low on the pay scale, but have been working there for 10+ years. Give one of those guys a chance.

Advice to Management

Quit hiring managers off the street. If they don't know how things run in their department, they are worthless. It takes a good solid couple of months before you get the hang of things and know how things get done. You guys give new managers too much power right off the bat. And they have no idea what they're doing with it.

3. Great Company

Current Employee - Product Data Programmer
    Current Employee - Product Data Programmer

I have been working at JELD-WEN (More than a year)

Pros

Vacation, 401k, health benefits, many locations, paid holidays

Cons

Top-heavy management, salary, change in leadership has caused JELD-WEN to lose the "family feel" atmosphere

Advice to Management

Consider matching salary to similar positions with other companies

5. Nice Managers

I worked at JELD-WEN

Pros

I liked the people I worked with.

Cons

I didn't enjoy working data entry.

Long time employee for 13 1/2 years, Production Lead.

Former Employee - Production Lead in Ludlow, VT
    Former Employee - Production Lead in Ludlow, VT

I worked at JELD-WEN

Pros

Decent pay and benefits, most people are great and fun to work with, good vacation time. The people are the best part of that place and I met a lot of great ones there. Some have become close friends of mine.

Cons

Summers can get really hot. Very high stress environment. Constant push to do more and more and more with the feeling that sometimes no matter what it will never be good enough. Incentive programs are not fairly balanced. Some areas can easily get tons of it with little effort while other areas can work to the point of exhaustion and not come close.

Advice to Management

Realize that people have lives outside of the shop and that we are not machines you can turn on and off as you please. Stop hiring managers off the street to teach them everything about a business they know nothing about when there are highly experienced hourly employees that can fill their shoes easily. Even out the incentive programs. (see cons section)

Lots of hours, good team environment

I have been working at JELD-WEN

Pros

Opportunity for growth, good team environment

Cons

Ambiguity of direction from Senior Leadership, one week it is do this, the next week it is something different

Advice to Management

Understand your decisions before pushing them on your team.

Toxicity at its peak

I worked at JELD-WEN

Pros

Nothing- an ultimately terrible experience working for a company / plant who strives to deteriorate employee satisfaction.

Cons

High attrition for employees who are trained. Delivered error-ridden results of employee feedback directly to employees themselves. Consistent threat of termination to loyal employees on a regular basis for trivial infractions.Timed bathroom breaks of employees and fired employees whom "took too long" while using the bathroom. Not veteran friendly. Leadership skylines and insults employees behind their backs during manager meetings. Little to no value placed on employee's dedication, efforts, sincerity, and time. Salaried managers forced to work 80 hour weeks; paid for 40- no overtime. GM has a Nepolian complex. No continuity.

Advice to Management

Clean house.

9. Great company

I have been working at JELD-WEN

Pros

Great place for continuous improvement. Management will try new things to make it better.

Cons

Work lots of hours, great for hourly but not for salary.

10. No employee focus

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Klamath Falls, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Klamath Falls, OR

I have been working at JELD-WEN

Pros

Have a paycheck. Can't think of anything else.

Cons

Low pays, outdated procedures, no focus on employees, no development/training opportunities. No career growth. Location.

Advice to Management

Treat employees nice, be more people focused.

Would not do it again.

I have been working at JELD-WEN full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The benefit package at Jeld-Wen is very good. It is also used as a tool to keep hourly employees base wages as low as possible.

Cons

Jeld-Wen does not pay their employees what they are worth. Expectations are very high and as the workload grows for everyone, the pay stays fairly stagnant.

Advice to Management

There is a huge disconnect between upper management and the hourly employees. Every department seems to be under staffed but management will not "approve" the hiring of new employees.

RSS Feed </> Embed