JG Wentworth Reviews

Reset
2.4
Stewart A. Stockdale

1. Used to be fun

I worked at JG Wentworth full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people. Fairly free-wheeling workplace, good place to go if you want to earn some decent money.

Cons

Hints of favoritism, but I suppose that happens everywhere...a lot of pressure to put in unpaid hours that don't really get you anywhere besides appearances.

Advice to Management

A little more pay for what reps deal with would be nice, and relax on working for appearances.

Former Employee

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Radnor, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Radnor, PA

I worked at JG Wentworth (More than a year)

Pros

My department actually had incredible improvements during the time I was employed with JG Wentworth. The talent grew, the processes improved and our deliverables improved. I felt satisfied with my compensation although others did not. I felt the top management of our department is one of the few in the company that was actually more than competent, and pushed the company forward.

Cons

The company as a whole is run so poorly. Operations are terrible, employee morale in operations departments are terrible. Money is spent in the wrong areas and the wrong people are hired. As heard on the last stockholders conference call, its fairly obvious that leaders in operations and the A-level executives do not know what they are doing. The precipitous drop in stock price shows. The business model as a whole does not provide much benefit to society as a whole, and there is no growth at all in the core structured settlements business. "Grow the Core" is a laughable statement. The only way to do so when you already have a predominant market share in a niche financial instrument is to stretch the boundaries of morality and profitability. This has also been shown. You never hear anything about the company doing any sorts of charitable works because the executive team doesn't care about anything or anybody besides hanging on to their corner offices. Also, with the new regime, JG Wentworth has been trying to re-brand itself to employees as a top place to work, yet it's draconian policies, culture based on favoritism and misogyny, and employee morale says differently. There are a ton of back office, behind your back sniping on other people in the company (and even in the same department). The people within the company with the talent to jump ship into better opportunities are beginning to do so, and I believe this will continue until all that is left is a shell of a public company barely hanging on.

3. Master the art of working in a industry that plays favoritism based on your complexion and not your accomplishment

Former Employee - Account Executive
    Former Employee - Account Executive

Pros

The potential as a recent college grad out to make 50- 75 k your first year and onward is achievable. The dress code environment is pretty relax as long as you don't push the boundaries. Note: Only certain females that has managers favoritism can get away with it

Cons

Management highly recommends that you work overtime but will never pay you for it. I am not sure if that is legal but hey J.G Wentworth does it best and also knows how to get away with it. Also i have never since a company where upper management were leaving in droves during my employment there from 2014 to mid 2015, might be the reason why the structure and policies of the company is always changing

Advice to Management

Please like every other thriving company in the world. Learn to invest in your employees by creating a structured training and stop throwing them on the sales floor on Day 2 to look stupid to your customers #BADBRANDING

5. Culture stinks

Pros

Co-workers are easy to get along with.

Cons

Long hours at the end of every month. No accountability by managers and lack of foresight by management.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to the morale of your employees. There will be a mass exodus if management is unaware of the discontent of talented employees.

Accounting

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at JG Wentworth (More than a year)

Pros

Business casual dress code and a nice office.

Cons

The department shows favoritism towards certain people, especially non ethnic employees. No room for growth, low pay, no recognition for hard work, management tells your business to the other staff members (very unprofessional) and gossip, and the benefits are not good, way to high especially for what the company pays. Lastly, NO ONE is safe/no stability.

Advice to Management

I would advise for management to be more aware of what's going on, on the floor. Offer more pay and more opportunities to grow, otherwise people will continue to resign. Also, improve the benefits and offer training, especially for supervisors and managers.

HORRIBLE and DISTURBING

Current Employee - Underwriting in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Underwriting in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at JG Wentworth full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Most co workers are awesome and hard working and benefits aren't horrible

Cons

Every thing else about this company is horrible. We break laws, discriminate, harass employees, take money from incompetent clients, retaliate against good employees, fraudulent documentation, forge docs., etc.

Advice to Management

They should all be fired and the company either needs to be restructured or shut down.

8. Not interested in their employees

Former Employee - Account Executive in Radnor, PA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Radnor, PA

Pros

Maybe could consider the benefits

Cons

There are too many to mention

Advice to Management

consider quality of life for your employees

Terrible

Pros

No pros at all except maybe the people.

Cons

Worst place to work in Philly

Good experience

Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Radnor, PA
    Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Radnor, PA

I worked at JG Wentworth full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly staff , Great environment

Cons

Low compensation, Challenging work, Not flexible schedule

Advice to Management

In case of situation, work from home should be allowed

Great company but was not right for me.

Former Employee - Sales in Radnor, PA
    Former Employee - Sales in Radnor, PA

I worked at JG Wentworth full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for. They care about their employees and are rapidly growing. They offer great opportunities especially in sales.

Cons

Not much room for career development. There are opportunities to move laterally within the company, but not much room to move up.

Advice to Management

Keep putting an emphasis on employee value, but increase compensation. Management seems to be making incredible amounts of money while staff employees scrape by.

RSS Feed </> Embed