JG Wentworth Reviews

18 reviews filtered by
David Miller

1. Terrible

I have been working at JG Wentworth

Pros

No pros at all except maybe the people.

Cons

Worst place to work in Philly

2. Great company but was not right for me.

Former Employee - Sales in Radnor, PA
    Former Employee - Sales in Radnor, PA

I worked at JG Wentworth full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for. They care about their employees and are rapidly growing. They offer great opportunities especially in sales.

Cons

Not much room for career development. There are opportunities to move laterally within the company, but not much room to move up.

Advice to Management

Keep putting an emphasis on employee value, but increase compensation. Management seems to be making incredible amounts of money while staff employees scrape by.

3. Good experience

Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Radnor, PA

I worked at JG Wentworth full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly staff , Great environment

Cons

Low compensation, Challenging work, Not flexible schedule

Advice to Management

In case of situation, work from home should be allowed

5. 877 Cash-Lie ... No Transparency Nor Trust From Mgmt Regarding "Opportunity Desk"

Former Employee - Opportunity Desk Executive in Radnor, PA
    Former Employee - Opportunity Desk Executive in Radnor, PA

I worked at JG Wentworth full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Well kept building / offices, 'laid back' business casual dress code, livable wage/benefit package(s), hustle/bustle atmosphere, free bagels on Fridays, some 'festive' events. HDTV's that might air a football game or two for evening shifts workers.

Cons

As to the company as a whole, I respect their hopes of growing and capitalizing on new markets. I honestly do wish them well to emerge. However, the people running the venture completely showed true colors from June 2014 to my final days (voluntarily quitting). The specific department I (along w/ about 11 others) were put in had to endure the most professional frustration that few others in America have to put up with.

We were hired for this department called 'the Opportunity Desk'....

1. It had no function. At all. It was advertised as a customer service rep. role but the truth to the matter was, it was Not customer service in the least bit. JG Wentworth and Peachtree's call centers would dump/filter calls from the numbskull audiences watching day-time TV who MISINTERPRETED JGW/Peachtree as a loan company... down to us to deal with... In fact, there are some people who think the companies give away money for free. And so...the chief marketing officer/and other big-wigs orchestrated this experimental department, but they had no outcomes established for the workers. Thus, no function.

2. By no function, I mean our job was to ask people for basic contact information to document to 'put in the system' when there was nothing that officially confirmed them into the database. We were told to lie to people saying a ''lender'' was to assist the caller in about 30-45 days from June to early 2015...no such lender existed until March. In consequence, callers would CALL BACK yelling at us. Mgmt. really did NOT have a clue how to approach this, nor did mgmt care.

3. Mgmt's transparency. . not trust-worthy. Cliques running the show, complacency, and corruption all in one package. If you voice concerns to a certain HR rep, she'd give you a dirty look/put you in the cross-hairs. Mgmt cared more about painting the walls/decorating the building than the welfare of their own employees... a certain mgr of mine would also cancel meetings constantly, like it was nothing. I understand 1 or 2 canceled mtgs here/there, but to shun an entire department is by definition unprofessional. This manager had the audacity to even play on her phone DURING a MEETING. Please, take your Selfies/Instagram lifestyle back to your local Starbucks.

4. Corporate leadership. The moment I asked the new CEO matters revolving around the Opportunity Desk/ the company losing potential customers due to the legal lying we were tied to, his complacent answer of patting me on the back , "Don't worry, you'll see soon.." was the nail in the coffin.

5. They'll concoct reasons to fire you. Luckily, like I said, I voluntarily quit.

If you want to work somewhere that's like N.Korea meets Animal House, be my guest.

Advice to Management

Have the regular-Joe employees give evaluations of mgmt. Just because you're young, pretty, and likely can glamorize yourself to win the men over---doesn't mean you're a competent mgr. And get rid of the ones who break the law, too, like a certain mgr who was ''suspended'' , but not fired. Clearly there's favoritism and no objective decision-making.

6. Great company and great employees

I worked at JG Wentworth

Pros

Understanding staff, Easy time off policies, Helping employees, Balancing work life, Not too much pressure of work

Cons

Less personal growth , OK office culture

Interesting company

I have been working at JG Wentworth

Pros

-Fellow employees and management are for the most part cordial and respectful, and many are very bright
    -Salary is competitive
    -Casual dress and "loose" atmosphere
    -Some interesting work. Not a ton of down-time or boredom.
    -New executive team does know what they are doing. Will almost certainly improve the business/profit side of the company

Cons

-Benefits are really lacking. For example, PTO is extremely low compared to most companies that want to keep talented employees that value work-life balance. No sick days. Working from home due to emergency/sickness seems to be frowned upon by some management, while executives are pushing it.
    -No tuition reimbursement (which would be a huge perk for a company with such a young employee base), and training/development is very low priority.
    -Keeping valuable employees is not as important as "keeping the machine running"
    -Company touts work-life balance but does not follow through on it.
    -Extremely hard to get rah-rah and work long hours for a company that does not emphasize any community service or charity, and also does not produce a service or good that seems to benefit society

Overall, this is a great place to start.. not much room for career advancement. Interesting what we do here, but challen

Current Employee - Underwriter
    Current Employee - Underwriter

I have been working at JG Wentworth full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun, Casual Dress, Decent Benefits, Recent Graduates

Cons

Lack of internal communication, PTO system

9. Young company with a fun atmosphere

I have been working at JG Wentworth

Pros

Younger co-workers, excellent benefits, decent base salary + commission (for sales)

Cons

A lot of pressure to meet numbers, lacking in room for personal growth (a lot of lateral movement), hours seem long

Staff Accountant

Current Contractor - Staff Accountant in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Contractor - Staff Accountant in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at JG Wentworth as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Best colleagues, nice to communicate with, the supervisor are very nice to help you learn the company

Cons

less competitive compensations, and relationship with colleagues is kind of complicated. There is a staff accountant fired because another staff complained about him with manager. It makes me hard to trust my mates sometimes.

A complete mess!

Current Employee - Associate in Radnor, PA
    Current Employee - Associate in Radnor, PA

I have been working at JG Wentworth full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The benefits aren't bad, but not worth the rest of the mess you have to put up with!

Cons

Senior management couldn't care less about the employees. All they care about is making money. Not sure how they managed to fool everyone and go public because the place is a disaster. They have no procedures, no documentation and forget about any training. You better be able to sit down and perform immediately or you'll be held accountable. If you can't figure it out on your own, you might want to pray you'll get fired so you can at least collect unemployment.

Advice to Management

Replace some people who think 'business as usual' will continue to carry this company in a dying industry.