Glassdoor is your free inside look at JHP reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by JHP employees.
I worked at JHP full-time for less than a year
Pros – Friendly, decent salary/benefits, clean environment
Cons – small company, union, managment invisible
Advice to Senior Management – New employee support, orientation
No, I would not recommend this company to a friend
2012-08-07 19:45 PDT
I worked at JHP
Pros – - A very well respected name within the retail design world and a good name on your CV if you want to impress a future employer with a similar pedigree.
- Excellent experience for a graduate to mid level employee.
- Primrose Hill is a very nice place to be based.
Cons – - Largely unknown outside of retail design.
- No scope for promotion beyond senior level.
- Male dominated environment with bosses who can be unnecessarily aggressive and initmidating.
- Formulaic design methods can lead to projects resembling previous work rather than adopting a fresh approach.
- Senior staff up to and including associate director level can find themselves with little responsibilty as MD's tend to dominate the direction of projects rather than trusting and delegating.
- Work environment isn't very inspiring with a quiet office and low quality IT systems that often cause problems.
Advice to Senior Management – Listen to your employees. Respect them and trust them to do their job.
Promote and reward those who perform well and show loyalty.
2010-11-09 07:13 PST
Your feedback has been sent to the team and we'll look into it.
Your response will be removed from the review – this cannot be undone.
Simply post an anonymous review for a current/former employer or recent interview experience. Your post is anonymous – and if you're worried someone will be able to identify your review, you can even post without telling us your job title and location. Learn More.
No thanks –