JLA Home Reviews

Edmund Jin

1. Overall it's a good experience working in this company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Pros

Entrepreneurship environment. I have freedom to try whatever I like. Good co-worker relationships. Respects from my boss.

Cons

It's a cheap company hardly wants to spend for employees. And the chance to advancement is not big. Lots of remote workers, poor communication with Headquarter team members.

2. OK

Current Employee - Sales in Fremont, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in Fremont, CA

I have been working at JLA Home (More than 3 years)

Pros

Casual and laid back. Great people and design driven.

Cons

Lack communication, organization, strategy, and goals.

Good people, good growth, lacking management and change.

Former Employee - Anonymous in Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Fremont, CA

I worked at JLA Home full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company hires some great people, most of my coworkers we're awesome people and worked hard. Good sense of work/life balance. A lot of interesting projects that never got boring.

Cons

Poor management. Even management was not empowered to make any real changes because it was a very Chinese company. The top management does not like to be told the truth. A lot of family working in the office and family members bought onboard early on. Some are very good at their jobs but others are just soso and ends up hard to work with because they have to be treated delicately. CEO can be MIA frequently working on his other projects. Too much office politics.

Advice to Management

Need to modernize the company and invest more back into infrastructure and people.

Should be in a lawsuit

Former Employee - Corporate Position in Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Corporate Position in Fremont, CA

I worked at JLA Home full-time

Pros

The employees are generally decent and most you can build a good rapport with. My team mates were great and I miss our daily grind. I wish them well and hopefully something changes to benefit them.

Cons

There is a big imbalance with how different groups are treated in the company at the Corporate level. If your part of the Chinese group that works with China directly, you are treated extremely well. Other areas are treated horribly as if they are second class citizens. Being in California, there is sure to be a lawsuit cultivated from this action. Its inevitable.

Advice to Management

Treat all departments equally. You give out titles like candy yet, when it comes to other departments that are "Not Chinese" you tend to give them nothing and expect the world.

Beware

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

I worked at JLA Home full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They pay for full insurance.

Cons

Classic cheap chinese company. Low salaries, no room for promotions, as close to being at a communist company not physically in China. They sell to Costco, Walmart, Macys. Sooner or later, they will go under. Costs keep going up, sales go down, they're competing in a deadend market. BEWARE.

RSS Feed </> Embed