JLA Home

Be The First To
Add Photos

Edmund Jin

3 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Good people, good growth, lacking management and change.

Anonymous (Former Employee) Fremont, CA

ProsCompany hires some great people, most of my coworkers we're awesome people and worked hard. Good sense of work/life balance. A lot of interesting projects that never got boring.

ConsPoor management. Even management was not empowered to make any real changes because it was a very Chinese company. The top management does not like to be told the truth. A lot of family working in the office and family members bought onboard early on. Some are very good at their jobs but others are just soso and ends up hard to work with because they have to be treated delicately. CEO can be MIA frequently working on his other projects. Too much office politics.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to modernize the company and invest more back into infrastructure and people.

Should be in a lawsuit

Corporate Position (Former Employee) Fremont, CA

ProsThe employees are generally decent and most you can build a good rapport with. My team mates were great and I miss our daily grind. I wish them well and hopefully something changes to benefit them.

ConsThere is a big imbalance with how different groups are treated in the company at the Corporate level. If your part of the Chinese group that works with China directly, you are treated extremely well. Other areas are treated horribly as if they are second class citizens. Being in California, there is sure to be a lawsuit cultivated from this action. Its inevitable.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat all departments equally. You give out titles like candy yet, when it comes to other departments that are "Not Chinese" you tend to give them nothing and expect the world.

Beware

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Fremont, CA

ProsThey pay for full insurance.

ConsClassic cheap chinese company. Low salaries, no room for promotions, as close to being at a communist company not physically in China.

They sell to Costco, Walmart, Macys. Sooner or later, they will go under. Costs keep going up, sales go down, they're competing in a deadend market.

BEWARE.

Worked for JLA Home? Contribute to the Community!