JLA Home

www.jlahome.com

JLA Home Reviews

2.4

Edmund Jin

small company, not too bad !

I worked at JLA Home full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Values great talents & hard works.
    Pays well for performance and loyalty.
    Very fast growing, good outlooks... multi faceted, opportunities in many different areas.
    Easy going work atmosphere, somewhat flexible working time.
    Pretty solid benefit, and paying 100% for insurance + 401k

Cons

Some senior emoployees takes advatage of the company and can be very lazy, difficult to work with.

Management should have really look into some of those senior employees job performance, and they are lazy and difficult to work.

Good people, good growth, lacking management and change.

Former Employee - Anonymous in Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Fremont, CA

I worked at JLA Home full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Company hires some great people, most of my coworkers we're awesome people and worked hard. Good sense of work/life balance. A lot of interesting projects that never got boring.

Cons

Poor management. Even management was not empowered to make any real changes because it was a very Chinese company. The top management does not like to be told the truth. A lot of family working in the office and family members bought onboard early on. Some are very good at their jobs but others are just soso and ends up hard to work with because they have to be treated delicately. CEO can be MIA frequently working on his other projects. Too much office politics.

Need to modernize the company and invest more back into infrastructure and people.

Should be in a lawsuit

Former Employee - Corporate Position in Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Corporate Position in Fremont, CA

I worked at JLA Home full-time

Pros

The employees are generally decent and most you can build a good rapport with. My team mates were great and I miss our daily grind. I wish them well and hopefully something changes to benefit them.

Cons

There is a big imbalance with how different groups are treated in the company at the Corporate level. If your part of the Chinese group that works with China directly, you are treated extremely well. Other areas are treated horribly as if they are second class citizens. Being in California, there is sure to be a lawsuit cultivated from this action. Its inevitable.

Treat all departments equally. You give out titles like candy yet, when it comes to other departments that are "Not Chinese" you tend to give them nothing and expect the world.

Beware

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

I worked at JLA Home full-time (more than a year)

Pros

They pay for full insurance.

Cons

Classic cheap chinese company. Low salaries, no room for promotions, as close to being at a communist company not physically in China.

They sell to Costco, Walmart, Macys. Sooner or later, they will go under. Costs keep going up, sales go down, they're competing in a deadend market.

BEWARE.

Upper management in need of an overhaul

Current Employee - Product Development
    Current Employee - Product Development

I have been working at JLA Home

Pros

This company does provide health insurance for its employees. They hire personnel that are very talented in their field.

Cons

The upper management does not have a clue about what is required to manufacture good products. The view of upper management is everything should be done as "Cheap" as possible regardless of the outcome. They hire professionals, but then they restrict everything these professionals try to accomplish because of cost. They make a lot of promises as far as compensation, but never follow through on these promises.

Allow your professionals to do their job without being hindered by the bean counting management. You may find out that you have better products to sell.

Average company to work for.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, NC

I worked at JLA Home

Pros

It is a small company so you interact with all the departments.

Anyone can communicate with anyone else (including the CEO).

Pretty positive co-workers, friendly atmosphere.

Get feedback from supervisor(s) easily.

Good health care plan, but only if you don't have dependents. Free for workers, but costs a lot to include family members.

Cons

Compensation is low. It is a cheap company that hates to spend money on anything. Those that have been around since the beginning (company is 10 years old) basically have carte blanche. Some are lazy and really a pain to work with.

Since it is a relatively small company, hard to move up. There was only one person between me and my boss in company hierarchy. He wasn't going to be leaving anytime soon, and even if he did, someone else would be brought in to take his place (big gap in experience between myself and supervisor).

Increase pay. Provide more incentives for employees to work harder.

It is in general a good place to work at

I worked at JLA Home

Pros

Small company environment
    Company is growing very fast
    No bureaucratic non sense
    Open door policy makes top management including CEO very approachable

Cons

In terms of compensation, you get what you accept at signing.
    Small company setting, company implements different policies frequently

Improve the competency of management
    Most of the top management are great managers to get their jobs done but not great leaders to instigate changes nor to inspire employees