JM Family Enterprises Reviews

Reset
4.0
Colin Brown

1. Best company I've worked for

Current Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in Deerfield Beach, FL

I have been working at JM Family Enterprises full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits. Well managed. Yearly bonuses and raises. Your yearly review consists of 1) how well you do your job and 2) how well you follow the company values. If you do good work but don't treat people right don't expect to stay here long. Some may say the culture has a lot of politics but it's about treating everyone right not just those in leadership positions. Lots of longevity.

Cons

It can be tough to promote into the right position. Many people have been there for years so for a new associate coming in it's hard to move up. If you stay long enough I see plenty of opportunities for growth over the long term if you are willing to educate yourself.

2. The goods

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Deerfield Beach, FL

I have been working at JM Family Enterprises full-time (More than a year)

Pros

JM Family is a great place to work. The management truly cares about you. I came from a different I fiesty and they taught me what I needed to know to make me successful. I have been there over 1 year now and have loved every minute of it.

Cons

There are now many cons in my opinion I am happy and thankful to be there. There are still some supervisors who are not following the culture and Mr. Morgan's values.

Advice to Management

I would advise them to get more involved in the lower levels to see how the lower level management's employees feel about their superiors.

3. Great Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at JM Family Enterprises (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great Company to work for

Cons

Limited availability for promotion in the St Louis office

5. Manager

Former Employee - Manager in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Manager in Miami, FL

Pros

The Benefits were very strong.

Cons

Static one way thinking stifles creativity. Very troubling

Advice to Management

Get better and don't just think rank and file follows your values , they often don't

6. Great company

I have been working at JM Family Enterprises full-time

Pros

Great bonus structure, most areas are great to work with. It really feels like you're part of a family

Cons

Individual business units or departments within the enterprise aren't as positive or forward thinking as the enterprise as a whole is.

Advice to Management

Trust your people, and decentralize control

7. We do it Bettter!

Former Employee - Accounting Analyst in Deerfield Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Accounting Analyst in Deerfield Beach, FL

I worked at JM Family Enterprises full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Amazing company to work for. Great work/life balance. You won't find a better company culture anywhere.

Cons

There really weren't any major cons. Opportunity for advancement was a little difficult. It takes a long time.

Advice to Management

Continue to value every employee. Mr. Moran created a wonderful company and continue to do his legacy justice.

8. JM Family Enterprises

Former Employee - Accounting and Finance in Pompano Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Accounting and Finance in Pompano Beach, FL

I worked at JM Family Enterprises (More than 10 years)

Pros

JMF has to be one of the most progressive employers in the South Florida region. The extra added perks that they offer make the hard work well worth it.

Cons

The culture has evolved somewhat with Mr. Moran's passing, but for the most part they still value the core business values that Mr. Moran had put in place.

9. JM Lexus Is A Joke

Pros

Some people were nice...that's it

Cons

• All the car sales men are disrespectful and have intimate relations with coworkers • Some people at a management level (as well as non management) get intoxicated at company events and then proceed to drive company vehicles • There was nothing to be learned from my boss at the time, didn't have a degree corresponding with the area we worked in. Boss was there not because of knowledge acquired with experience but because of who this person knew and got the right strings pulled. • Unpleasant work environment with zero teamwork

Advice to Management

Get some brains

10. Great on the surface, don't dig too deep.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Deerfield Beach, FL

I have been working at JM Family Enterprises full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Very good benefits, had a great culture when the Boss was alive some of it still exists. Executive management team is lead by a caring and genuine person, Mr. Colin Brown.

Cons

At least in the Info technology space. Clicks galore. middle and senior management are useless can't make decision to save their lives, each one wants to make sure their kingdom is safe. Schizophrenic attitude, you are empowered to make your own decision as long as you make sure it's what managements wants. Work life balance means go home and work from there.

Advice to Management

Get a clue, your people are not happy. They are there because the benefits still make it bearable and the South Florida market has few choices.

11. Great Company but "Good Ole Boy" network

Pros

Great culture and good values instilled by Mr. Moran, but company is steering away from those values since his passing.

Cons

Very "clickish", and if you are not an employee it is difficult to get hired.

Advice to Management

Hire talent not friends

RSS Feed </> Embed