JM Family Enterprises

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Colin Brown

Great Place to Work, good people and flexible working environment.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Deerfield Beach, FL

ProsFlexible
    Great middle management
    Founder instilled good company values that are still practiced by the employees and middle management
    Philanthropic company with great benefits and events for employees

ConsOutsourcing and or layoffs approximately every few years or so.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep your associates and contractors and grow the company instead of purging every few years and having to retrain new associates or contractors. In the long run does this really help the bottom line?

Good Company

ProsAmazing benefits great time off

ConsLower salary with little room for advancement

Very Clique

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Deerfield Beach, FL

ProsContractor Pay Rate is good
    Lunch Prices are great and good that it located on campus

ConsPeople are very clique there, I saw where people either accepted you to team or not, no matter on your qualifications or how friendly you were.

Advice to Senior ManagementOutsourcing Internationally is not good for a US company.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Unacceptable work-life balance for JMSC delivery team members

Manager, JMSC (Former Employee) Deerfield Beach, FL

ProsGreat people who are committed to company's success. Bonuses are paid annually which are sizable. Company supports multiple non-profits and encourages employees to volunteer. Company reputation is excellent. Great pride in what people do.

ConsDelivery teams are over utilized up to 60 - 70 hours per week to deliver solutions for internal business customers. Leadership talks about taking care of associates, but employee job satisfaction is secondary to delivering solutions to internal customers. Absolutely no leadership to address governance or change management including during Go Live weekends.

Advice to Senior ManagementFollow through on the JM Family Culture and Values at JMSC. Your leadership is needed to eliminate the over utilization of delivery team members, empower all associates and contractors to have a voice in the process, and improve the lack of managerial skills at the director level.

Great Experience

Financial Analyst (Former Employee) Deerfield Beach, FL

ProsGreat people and company culture

ConsWork was not always intellectually stimulating

Great Company to Work For!

ProsWork Life Balance is important and JM values their employees. This equates to reciprocal appreciation from employees and high quality of work.

ConsEnvironment is starting to change a little since Mr. Moran passed away. "Who you know" hiring practices.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the vision of Jim Moran. Do not steer away from what made JM a success.

Felt like you either drink the cool aid or get out of the way

Enterprise Architect (Current Employee) Deerfield Beach, FL

ProsGreat benefits, good compensation, long history

ConsExtremely political, felt like outsiders are not welcome

Advice to Senior ManagementBring some fresh blood into the executive roles

Great Company... if you're an associate.

ProsGreat company culture, lots of opportunity, good over all environment

ConsAll of those things hinge strongly on being an Associate, instead of being a contract. Being a contractor at JM is a stagnate, unrewarding, exhausting job and the odds of getting hired on are extremely slim, no matter how hard you work.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow your contractors the same courtesy you show your associates. Reward hard work and dedicated. Treat your people like _people_, not numbers in a budget.

Good envirerment nice place to work

Claims Analyst (Former Employee) Deerfield Beach, FL

Prosbest benefits of any company

Consnone this is a great place to work

Advice to Senior Managementhire from with in,you guys did the training

Helpful coworkers, lots of hours, great if you're not a contractor.

Service Desk Technician (Current Employee) Jacksonville, FL

ProsGreat if you're a beginner- coworkers are very patient and helpful. If you work for the company directly and not through a contractor, the benefits are top of the line. Lots of on call hours if you like overtime pay

ConsWork load can get strenuous at times. Almost like a call center environment but with slightly more breathing room between calls. Training is excessive since there is a BROAD range of applications and procedures to understand.

The fact that I am a contractor is reflected onto the 3 star rating I left. Would have given the company 5 stars if becoming an associate for the company seemed realistic.

Also, the company is considering outsourcing the service desk in the near future (Likely the reason why they are not planning on rolling contractors permanent for this position).

Advice to Senior ManagementContractors in the Service Desk don't seem to have a chance to become permanent associates. This is discouraging- it forces contractors to leave prematurely and find better opportunities elsewhere.

Worked for JM Family Enterprises? Contribute to the Community!