JM Family Enterprises

Be The First To
Add Photos

Colin Brown

Great Experience

Financial Analyst (Former Employee)

I worked at JM Family Enterprises as an intern for less than a year

ProsGreat people and company culture

ConsWork was not always intellectually stimulating

Felt like you either drink the cool aid or get out of the way

Enterprise Architect (Current Employee)

I have been working at JM Family Enterprises full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat benefits, good compensation, long history

ConsExtremely political, felt like outsiders are not welcome

Advice to Senior ManagementBring some fresh blood into the executive roles

Great Company to Work For!

I have been working at JM Family Enterprises

ProsWork Life Balance is important and JM values their employees. This equates to reciprocal appreciation from employees and high quality of work.

ConsEnvironment is starting to change a little since Mr. Moran passed away. "Who you know" hiring practices.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the vision of Jim Moran. Do not steer away from what made JM a success.

Good envirerment nice place to work

Claims Analyst (Former Employee)

I worked at JM Family Enterprises full-time for less than a year

Prosbest benefits of any company

Consnone this is a great place to work

Advice to Senior Managementhire from with in,you guys did the training

Great Company... if you're an associate.

I have been working at JM Family Enterprises as a contractor for more than a year

ProsGreat company culture, lots of opportunity, good over all environment

ConsAll of those things hinge strongly on being an Associate, instead of being a contract. Being a contractor at JM is a stagnate, unrewarding, exhausting job and the odds of getting hired on are extremely slim, no matter how hard you work.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow your contractors the same courtesy you show your associates. Reward hard work and dedicated. Treat your people like _people_, not numbers in a budget.

Helpful coworkers, lots of hours, great if you're not a contractor.

Service Desk Technician (Current Employee)
Jacksonville, FL

ProsGreat if you're a beginner- coworkers are very patient and helpful. If you work for the company directly and not through a contractor, the benefits are top of the line. Lots of on call hours if you like overtime pay

ConsWork load can get strenuous at times. Almost like a call center environment but with slightly more breathing room between calls. Training is excessive since there is a BROAD range of applications and procedures to understand.

The fact that I am a contractor is reflected onto the 3 star rating I left. Would have given the company 5 stars if becoming an associate for the company seemed realistic.

Also, the company is considering outsourcing the service desk in the near future (Likely the reason why they are not planning on rolling contractors permanent for this position).

Advice to Senior ManagementContractors in the Service Desk don't seem to have a chance to become permanent associates. This is discouraging- it forces contractors to leave prematurely and find better opportunities elsewhere.

Great Benefits, Inspiring Founder, Family Environment.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at JM Family Enterprises full-time for more than 8 years

ProsThis company was founded by Jim Moran who believed that his employees (associates) were the most important part of the business. He treated employees like family and was ahead of his time in terms of management skills. He was a very inspiring leader and passed the mantel on to very competent people that know what they are doing.

Onsite Gym, Onsite Free Medical Clinic, Onsite Daycare run by Bright Horizons, Great Medical and Dental options.

If you are interested in the auto industry this is a great place to work. From distribution, to insurance, to parts, to financing, to claims processing, this company touches almost every aspect of the auto industry.

Almost everyone loves working here and is grateful to be in this company. It truly does feel like a family atmosphere in that associates care about each other. The company has won a number of awards for being a great place to work. You can actually have work-life balance in this company - - most people don't stay too late, nor do they work weekends. The company also is involved in several charities and encourages employees to also become active volunteers.

ConsSome of the old school family environment that Jim Moran instilled is wearing away under the new management.

While there are plenty of opportunities to move horizontally, management rarely leaves, so it's difficult to move up. Plus, promotions are not based on merit, but on who you know. It's still largely male dominated, with no female executives.

If you fit into this culture, you will love it here. But be warned. Some managers are not top caliber and will resent quality employees beneath them. Also HR consistently supports tyrannical managers without reprimand despite numerous complaints. Lesson? Make sure you like your hiring manager before you accept a position here.

Great Company, Horrible Position

I have been working at JM Family Enterprises full-time for more than a year

ProsProfit sharing, unique benefits, company events on yatchs

ConsPolitics at it's best. Experience does not live up to the hype. One of the worst experiences in my career.

Great place to work as a mainframe IT software engineer.

Software Engineer (Former Employee)
Jacksonville, FL

I worked at JM Family Enterprises full-time for more than 10 years

ProsManagement was open with sharing important company information, and IT department allowed tele-commuting which made sense for someone in a programming role.

ConsNone that I can think of.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing the same thing.

I worked for JM for 3 years

I have been working at JM Family Enterprises full-time for more than 3 years

ProsNice offices, lots of perks, some areas have great teams

ConsTerrible politics and backbiting, antiquated systems (partially driven by Toyota). Managers are allowed to fail which can be good, except they are allowed to take plenty of people with them. A few of the older managers are actually abusive.

Advice to Senior ManagementAddress complaints seriously for every one issue you have heard about there are 10 more you have not heard. also foster a more careful use of funding, there is a tremendous amount of waste.

Worked for JM Family Enterprises? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at JM Family Enterprises reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for JM Family Enterprises CEO Colin Brown. All 24 reviews posted anonymously by JM Family Enterprises employees.