JMG Financial Group

Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Marita A. Sullivan

Good Place to Start Your Career and Advance

Portfolio Administrative Assistant (Former Employee)
Oak Brook, IL

I worked at JMG Financial Group

ProsI have to say I disagree with many aspects of the preceding review. I worked in the same position of Portfolio Administrative Assistant no longer than 2 years ago and even though I joined the company with very little work experience, I found everyone at all levels at JMG to be very patient and supportive of both my professional and personal development. The company has an open-door policy and all senior-level staff are extremely approachable and generous with their time. I have only received constructive criticism during my performance reviews that has ultimately helped me advance professionally. At the time I was with JMG, the company also implemented up-stream evaluations, which I found to be quite exceptional and supportive of JMG’s strive to create a positive and productive work environment. The technology at JMG is ahead of the curve as compared to many companies much larger than JMG. In addition, JMG senior staff have been supportive of both my professional and academic career long after I left the company. In a nutshell, a great place to start and develop one’s career.

ConsThe office was far from my house which is whwy I ended up taking a job in the Loop.

Benefits, Organization, and Office Polities

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Oak Brook, IL

I worked at JMG Financial Group

ProsOrganization, Benefits, Communication and Technology.

ConsOffice Politics, Senior Staff is unwilling to teach new things because they are insecure with their job and/or knowledge, low level of growth, inability to promote based on talent due to the high level of emphasis they put on image and seniority in the promotion department.

Advice to Senior ManagementRevamp promotion department and become more solid in your marketing approach/campaign.

Worked for JMG Financial Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at JMG Financial Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for JMG Financial Group CEO Marita A. Sullivan. All reviews posted anonymously by JMG Financial Group employees.