JPS Health Network

Be The First To
Add Photos

Robert Earley

Great place to work!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros-The leadership is fantastic. JPS really cares about their employees.
    -I loved working with the under served population. Working with the under served health population comes with its own challenges but I was proud of my work and felt that I was making a difference.
    -There are many opportunities for professional growth and advancement.

Cons-It is a county hospital and lacks funding. Hence, expect salaries to be low and benefits to be sub-par. I chose to stay on my husband's insurance plan rather than switch once I began work at JPS. Many of my co-workers complained about their medical plans.

Wonderful people, so willing to help you learn, sometimes short staffed.

Medical Technologist (Current Employee) Fort Worth, TX

ProsLaboratories are expanding, and the staff are amazing to work with!!!

ConsNot enough people some days, pay isn't that great

I love working for this company

Executive Healthcare Recruiter (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThey are very family oriented very open to ideas from there employees. The benefits and pay are great to. A lot of room for growth.

ConsDeadlines. But I am very competitive and love challenges.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think training should be more hands on and questions asked so there is no guessing.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

good.

Registered Nurse (Current Employee) Fort Worth, TX

Prosemployees are friendly. oppurtunities to grow.

Conspay for nurses in the outpatient setting is extremely low.

Hired as psych tech but job was a regular CNA

Psych Tech (Former Employee) Fort Worth, TX

ProsPay was good as long as you get the shift differential.
    Working 3 12s is awesome.

ConsSecurity is slow to respond if a patient starts threatening you.
    Unsafe working conditions for the med-psych floor.
    Hired as a psych tech, but the med psych floor was mostly patients with dementia who really needed a CNA.

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect people's safety and be honest about the roles your employees will fill.

Great place to work, but the perception of management has room for improvement.

ProsJPS provides competent care to a very diverse population, and is changing the way care is delivered throughout the system.

ConsIt appears as though you have to know the right people and have connections to advance in this system.

Good job with downfalls.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Fort Worth, TX

ProsSome good coworkers, management semi-willing to work with schedules as long as the proposed change was beneficial for management, decent wages.

ConsCliques and favorites abound, and as long as you stay on the good side of said cliques/favorites, you'll do fine.

It was horrible.

ProsThey are working on improving.

ConsNot enough support staff with experience. Language Department is disrespectful to patients. They need more training

I really enjoyed helping and serving the community in a health care setting.

Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) Fort Worth, TX

ProsI believe that JPS is committed to serving our community while giving the best care possible I bleieve in their mission to strive to make a difference. The people at JPS are compassionate in their care. It seems like family when working with others as together striving to make a difference in our community. I like that as a team, we would follow our mission with pride and confidence. The doctors and the staff work diligently together. Communication is very good with the executive staff and training is organized. Managers are excellent in communicating with the staff as well.

ConsI believe there could be improvement in the eligibily process as well as referrals out to specialists for patient care. The process is lengthy due to the shortage of resources for continuation of care. Patients might have to wait 3-6 months out at times upon a referral to a Speciialist. I have not been through the elibility process myself, however I have been told by a few that they did not receive mail during the process or that when faxing in any documentation needed that they did not receive nay feedback regarding the eligibilty process. My dear friend was at a stage 2cancer before she was apporved for JPS Connection after 2 months of going through the eligibility process. After she saw her doctor at the Canccer Center for Women she had to wait an additional 2 months for further diagnostic testing. By that time, very sadly, she was at a stage 4 and did not survive, leaving behind 3 children.

Advice to Senior ManagementI believe it would be very beneficial to many staff members who work in the clinics to receive a work week of 40 hours instead of 36 hours, which a majority of the clinics allow.

JPS Hospital

Registered Nurse (Former Employee)

Prosteaching hospital, lots of learning opportunities

Constraining was horrible, leadership terrible, nurses "ate their young", benefits were awful. You were forced to use JPS services as an employee, with sub par care. Low salary compared to the rest of the metroplex

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide better training, more organized orientation. Improve benefits. Don't treat your employees like you do your unemployed patients.

Worked for JPS Health Network? Contribute to the Community!