JRK Property Holdings

Updated April 10, 2015
106 reviews filtered by
3.4
Jim Lippman

Pros
  • the staff are smart and dedicated (not executive management) (in 3 reviews)

• My days are fast-paced and I never have the same day twice (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance will keep you focused on your job more effectively (in 7 reviews)

• Upper management uses threats to intimidate onsite employees (in 11 reviews)

1. One of the reasons I have been with the company so long is because they continue to grow me professional every day!

Current Employee - Property Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Property Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at JRK Property Holdings full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people, pay and the location keeps me around!

Cons

I wish they would buy more properties in Atlanta!

2. Leasing Specialist

Current Employee - Leasing Specialist in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Leasing Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at JRK Property Holdings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have worked in leasing in the Atlanta market for 9 years. I have been employed with JRK Property Holdings for over a year and a half. I've had the BEST experience with JRK! JRK is loyal to their hard-working employees and have your best interest for growth at heart. The managers and regional are SO good about pushing you to exceed your best. They do whatever it takes to help you be the best you can be. Throw you challenges and tasks because they believe in your talents and abilities to get the job done and done the right way (their goal is to promote you quickly). So many times I've heard long-time employees say "If you are good to JRK, they'll be good to you" and that has proven to be true. There is a great sense of TEAM with the ENTIRE portfolio and I've never experienced that. I have run into personal issues that corporate, my manager and even my regional have helped to resolve. I am forever grateful for the compassion these people have shown to so many of us. Hard work for JRK = Great rewards FROM JRK!!! I am proof of this! My family had an amazing Christmas this year because of the recognition of hard work from JRK$ Thank You Team!!!

Cons

Although the hourly pay is very good, commissions for new leases and renewals could definitely be higher! I would LOVE if they offered a tiered commission structure!

3. 10 years with JRK and still going strong!

Current Employee - Middle Management in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Middle Management in Houston, TX

I have been working at JRK Property Holdings full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Several opportunities for professional growth, great support system from corporate office staff all the way up to the CEO, many long-term employees within JRK.

Cons

Fast paced, high expectations, finances closely monitored on multiple levels....these are all things that may be different from most companies and more difficult to deal with, but they are an essential part of running a successful, ever-changing business.

Advice to Management

My advice to JRK upper management is to continue to value the employees who work under them and treat them as if they are just as important as upper management. Without a good site level team, JRK could never be a success. It's the people who work at the site level that make everything else a possibility. I'm proud to work for a company who values all their employees and who gives their employees every opportunity to learn and grow if they so desire and want to work hard to get there.

5. Management is supportive

Current Employee - Assistant Property Manager in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Assistant Property Manager in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at JRK Property Holdings full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked at JRK for a few years now and there have been some personal things that have occurred in my life over that time. My managers and supervisors were always supportive and accommodating to my needs. They care about employees and will teach you how to excel in this industry.

Cons

Can't really think of any that aren't the same at every other company. Everyone always wants more money, better benefits, etc.

Advice to Management

Thanks for all of the support you have given me over the years!

horrible upper management

Former Employee - Property Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Property Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at JRK Property Holdings (Less than a year)

Pros

None. Run from this company. Bag of lies

Cons

You name it, it's bad. Staffing issues. Paycheck issues. Upper management is unethical and unrealistic. Zero work life balance. only driven by revenue...couldnt care less about residents or maintenance issues.

Advice to Management

They wouldn't listen if I gave it

Great Experience In Property Management!

Former Employee - Assistant Property Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Assistant Property Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at JRK Property Holdings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I thought I knew it all when I was first hired at JRK Property Holdings and boy was I wrong! The knowledge and experience that I gained by working with JRK was unbelievable. Great management and experience.

Cons

You MUST keep up or you will fall way behind.

8. I'm new and so far so good

Current Employee - Assistant Property Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Assistant Property Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at JRK Property Holdings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoy working here. I'm new to the industry but my manager is very patient and always eager to answer my questions. I've learned a lot and because the days are so busy, they pass by very quickly.

Cons

This isn't a company where you can screw around all day and that might be why there are some complaints. If you don't come to work prepared to handle business, you'll probably get talked to about it.

Advice to Management

Thanks for being patient with me and continuing to teach me about property management.

9. Very Satisfied

Current Employee - Leasing Agent in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Leasing Agent in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at JRK Property Holdings full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The 5 stars denote being very satisfied with a company, and JRK has done that. I'm not sure what some expect, this job is all about purchasing property, managing it and returning an investment. They are well respected in the industry and one of the largest companies of their kind. Every year is more successful than the next and it's amazing to be apart of that. I enjoy coming to work and have a great time with all of those in my office.

Cons

They expect you to perform at a higher level and don't settle for mediocrity -- for some that's definitely an issue. Prepare to work!

10. Incredible Opportunity and Experience

Former Employee - Property Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Property Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at JRK Property Holdings full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits and opportunity to gain knowledge and experience in numerous areas in the property management field. Intensive hands on training and development that built my confidence.

Cons

Very fast paced and attention to detail is critical.

Don't work for JRK! You will regret it!!

Former Employee - Property Manager in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Property Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at JRK Property Holdings

Pros

There are no Pro's, being unemployed is far better than working for JRK. If you do decide to accept and offer, it won't be long until you start your employment search again!

Cons

No training, no support, no respect and truly no knowledge of the Property management industry.

Advice to Management

You will hear that JRK is fast paced, they have high expectations and they are leaders in the field of property management, this is absolutely incorrect. If this was true then their employees wouldn't be expected to work 10 to 12 hours days due to JRK mismanagement. I've been the field for 15 years, and a well organized company with training and support would know how to be successful without running their office teams into the ground. With out intimidating their on site staff, with out treats that you will be terminated if you don't do whatever they tell you to do. Plain and simple JRK is not worth your time.