JRK Property Holdings

Updated Jun 18, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Jim Lippman

Flexible and engaged management firm

Pros+Clear Regular Communication with Senior Management
    +Good Work-Life Balance
    +Compensation and Benefits well above median
    +Low compartmentalization, changes can get done quickly with a little pressure

Cons+Parts of the firm are still nascent so systems and processes are not fully in-place. This has improved as time has passed.

Advice to Senior Management+People crave information about the long-term plans of the firm; acquisitions, anything, even if it does not affect them.

This company is terrable!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsZero. Zero. Zero.Zero. Ok two nice co workers.

ConsAbusive tone from upper management and staff. Though there is some nice individuals. If you work for the wrong one, well you might as well quit that day. Can't be a minute late. Lunches are not appreciated. There is zero work life balance and they haven't figured out that a healthy and happy work life balance will keep you focused on your job more effectively. Turn over rate is practically daily. Just very mean presidents for the most part. But there are a few good apples as well.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to resign. You are technologically behind and there isn't just one right way of doing something. Be patient. Train your employees. Tell them what you want. Go on a vacation.

Not a good recommendation.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFlexible at site level. Decent pay. Challenging. Teaches you what not to like.

ConsEverything. CEO at a company retreat got drunk and started walking up to people threateni threatening to fire. Big drinkers. All asset managers are straight out of college. Expects you to work 7 days a week if nessecary to get the job done but cuts your bonuses in half. Wanted to take a $25.00 bonus and split it three ways once. Also encourages unfair landlord practices. Tried upping rent on people in the middle of a lease.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

My first experience as a leasing agent was good but did not meet my ecpectations

Leasing Agent (Current Employee) Palm Bay, FL

ProsGood pay, i was able to bring my ideas for marketing, and beautiful staff. I met very good people. At least thats what a think.

ConsNo training, they have classes but no time to take them, but my sad part was since i need to have my weekends off instead of waiting to last minute to give my two week notice, I decided to let my regional know my intentions of resigning of my position as a leasing agent, so they have enough time to find someone and they let me go.
     Honestly i think it was so unfear. That make feel like in this life unfortually you have to always think about the best for you and your family forget everything else.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should advice emplyees better on everything, let them know what are the priorities and expectations,sometime feels like the are always scare to say the wrong thing.

They pay A LOT to make these reviews better

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsSome of the people are great.

ConsThe entire company is petrified of the CEO, who has a reputation for being erratic and liking to yell. This is his reputation to other companies as well, people know him for this and that is not a good thing. Other employees don't bother to even keep track of his assistants anymore because he has new ones weekly, it is THAT bad. Absolutely ZERO job stability, and insanely long hours for average pay. The Holiday party is lavish but mandatory. If you show up at 7:31am - you're late and likely now on the radar.

Also, they're paying a brand management company a ton to make their reviews better on sites like this, it was a companywide initiative at one point. Don't believe a lot of the good reviews although littered with some truth, the negative ones far better reflect the actual corporate office if you're looking at making a decision regarding working at JRK.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advice, it is not a secret that the biggest issue at the company is how volatile the CEO is and how everyone is scared of him.

Not great/ good/ or even mediocre.

Associate (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsHigh Salary, beautiful office, great location.

ConsNo work life balance. Abusive environment.

Do Not Work Here

Property Manager (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsSome of the people who work here (NOT management) are very hard-working and smart. Pay is ok.

ConsZero work-life balance, completely incompetent and awful upper management, ridiculous rules and "pet peeves" of upper management that have nothing to do with the job at hand, young kids hired as asset managers who do not have a clue. Low employee morale, HR tries their best but they are just puppets to upper management, employees subject to tirades and humiliation regularly. Company has assistants write fake positive reviews to boost the company's image instead of actually fixing things. Employees are considered as numbers and are moved around, bullied, manipulated, screamed at and and just beaten down until they can't take it anymore and then they quit and management doesn't even care because they think everyone is replaceable. They only care about money, this is no joke.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue your employees, train them, stop speaking to them like children. Wake up and fix the culture of this company before everything implodes. Stop hiring young kids to be managers, their lack of experience makes them awful regardless of if they're Ivy League or not.

Read the bad reviews and believe them...in my short period of time I witnessed most of the negatives....

Property Manager (Former Employee)

ProsI loved the team that I worked with at the property level. Pay is good, not great.They do put money back into the property to make it better for residents.

ConsLied to about vacation earnings at interview. No proper training, they quickly run over the basics but in a busy property it becomes impossible to actually train. Expect that you have no life/family outside of work. They expect you to work 60-70 hour a week regardless of what else you may have in your own life. No concern for employees...sick time/vacation time is given for a reason but are chastised for using the time. Expectations are not communicated properly. Regional manager is very unprofessional in the dealings with not only employees but residents and vendors. Property not made aware of things that are happening on the property in advanced, the property manager is left guessing on what is next. They nickel and dime residents. They post pricing that is not actual pricing, and they post rental discount coupons that you can not actually use.

Advice to Senior Managementbefore you spread lies check your facts. communicate your expectations, if those expectations are not being met then communicate how they should be. Don't expect that someone just knows what you want after a month of employment when nothing has been said. Offer proper training.

Terrible-Do not waste your precious time on this company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere were absolutely no pros to this company.

ConsThe hours and management, the company is fairly new to hotel management and they have no clue what they are doing. The benefits are outrageous (husband, wife and 1 child, approx. $1200/mth) training is non existent, no compassion for employees...This company is seriously a joke.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet it together and figure out how to run a hotel operation where your employees are valued and your properties aren't falling apart!

The worst company to work for in this nation!

Property Manager (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsUnfortunately, there is nothing positive about this company. However, I can say that some of my past employees onsite were a pleasure to work with.

ConsEmployees are not a priority. Their communications skills are less than desirable; where disrespect is the number one process of communication. Your career will take a step back if you decide to work for this company. I learned during my time with them that, the pay is based on who you know not on what you know. Inconsistent policies and procedures and the highest turn over I have seen in any company.

Advice to Senior ManagementAny advice will be a waist of time since, the CEO is the owner and he believes there is nothing wrong with his company. Unfortunately, a lot of good, smart and professional individuals have being dismissed, disrespected and treated in the worst way possible due to their culture that starts from the top.

Worked for JRK Property Holdings? Contribute to the Community!