JSA Medical Group

Updated Jul 9, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Lorie Glisson

Mediocre health benefits for a health provider company.

Medical Receptionist (Current Employee)
    Saint Petersburg, FL

ProsOvertime is not a problem, you can be sure of your schedule each day.

ConsI did not receive much training for my job. Sink or swim.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore structured on the job training.

Feel cheated

CMA (Former Employee)
    West Bradenton, FL

ProsBenefits are fair, some coworkers were great

ConsI was underpaid... most people are. Hiring process was excessively long. Policies generated by corporate rarely consider the understaffed office.
    My final straw was having my time clock/hours adjusted to their favor. Lots of smart hardworking people trapped in a corporate mess mixed in with uninformed or non medical admin to protect revenue. Good nurses going crazy under poor direction from doctors lacking skilled knowledge. Be wary!

Advice to Senior ManagementHire all medical staff and staff properly - don't cheat your employees!

Wonderful

Nurse Administrator/Case Manager (Current Employee)
    Saint Petersburg, FL

Prosprofessional company, great people to work with

ConsTraining had ups and downs, confusing

Advice to Senior Managementnone

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Unable to get the assistance needed for my job

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosbenefits kick in the first of the next month after you start

ConsHard to get help from corporate when needed

Very happy at JSA

Saint Petersburg, FL

ProsDecent pay, good benefits, great patient care. The company is growing and expanding into new areas. It's nice to be part of an experienced group that is well positioned to be a leader in the changing face of the healthcare system in our country. I believe in JSA.

ConsIt would be nice to be able to work remotely when it wouldn't have any negative impact on job performance. The commute for some can be exhausting and a waste of time.

Advice to Senior ManagementShare more information sooner so we can be better prepared (i.e. growing pains)

Growing Company

Director (Current Employee)
    Saint Petersburg, FL

ProsCompany is large enough to offer great benefits and small enough where your voice can be heard and you can really contribute.

ConsIt can be tiring, sometimes, to work for a growing company.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to seek feedback from the worker bees. Be sure to add "fun" to the equation!

Unorganized, no one knows what they are doing.

Receptionsit (Current Employee)
    Clearwater, FL

ProsEasiest job I've ever gotten.

ConsPay is horrible, no one knows what they are doing, patients suffer in the end.

Advice to Senior ManagementAssign one job to one person instead of having 10 hands in the same pot.

JSA Medical Group/Tampa Review

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Tampa, FL

ProsGood job opportunity depending on Manager

ConsManagement at the Fountain Oaks office in Tampa is very condescending and likes to embarrass employees in front of patients and peers. Not fair to all employees and it's an office that has it's favorites and will only worry on own agenda. No teamwork environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust be fair and no favoritism

JSA has allowed me to grow as a professional beyond my wildest dreams!

Saint Petersburg, FL

ProsGreat work/life balance, including weekends and holidays off and I have never been denied time off to attend to a personal commitment. Great opportunities to learn and to grow. Love the feel of a small, private company that with its affiliation to its parent company, has access to fabulous programs and best practices. Love a company who recognizes every year of service to the organization with a note and a gift card (not just milestones), congratulates new parents with a savings bond for the baby, and sends a magnolia tree to employees who have lost a family member.

ConsWould like to have more than 3 weeks of vacation each year, but I also understand that it is hard to provide coverage when in the clinics when someone is out.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work! I'm really proud to work for a company that cares for its employees and provides such tender loving care to our patients as well!

Unstable, JSA has reputation,rightfully so.of high turnover, unjustified terminations & unresonable expectations..

Tampa, FL

ProsBonuses are tempting and people feel they supplement the low salary. They do, but you won't last long enough to see very many bonuses. Nurses...stay away from JSA....

ConsUnresonable expectations, employees have to wear too many hats & are set up for failure. High turnover, quick to fire people where bottem line is not making the corporate supervisors, especially the regional managers look good. Told they has an open door, but if you go through it to share thought on how to improve the process...you will be fired. They leur nurses into Administrator positions, Case management positions with high bonus structure... but most are fired or quit within the year as the expectations are unreasonable and the Administrator and Case Manager will ALWAYS be the "fall guy" if it comes between them and the upper management looking good on paper.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe the parent company in California......... clean house in the upper management at JSA.... the turnover problem lays there. The new employees are very qualified and motivated... but with the present corporate director of Utilization/medical management and the supervisiors overseeing the office Administrators and Case managers you will continue to see high turn over and termination stats. You Medical director has no conscience and will sacrafice anyone for the dollar.

Worked for JSA Medical Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at JSA Medical Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for JSA Medical Group CEO Lorie Glisson. All 13 reviews posted anonymously by JSA Medical Group employees.