JSS

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Lori James

Wonderful small business to work for

I have been working at JSS

ProsOwners are extremely friendly and caring, and treat all employees like family members.
Wonderful communication and very little bureaucracy within the company
Recently acquired by another small business

ConsWork is all contract work, mostly for government, which leaves little room for upward mobility
Government budget problems often directly impact ability to complete jobs

Advice to Senior ManagementStrive to maintain the small business family atmosphere post-acquisition

JSS is actually decent...their main client (FBI) is horrendous thus making it an impossible place to work

"Non-Govt Role the Feds Hire But Don't Want" (Former Employee)
Washington, DC

I worked at JSS

ProsJSS management wants you to succeed and will do their best to help.

ConsThe prime on this contract (HP) can't seem to run it correctly and the gov't won't let their contractors actually work. As with most contracts, they only let the contractors do things when it comes to blame time. They will get rid of all their contractors pretty quick, hire new ones, and when those don't work out, the cycle starts over. At some point you would think someone would say "Hey, we keep changing contractors, but nothing gets resolved. Maybe it's out own workers whom we can't fire anyway...sigh the cycle will always continue

Advice to Senior ManagementExpand your clientele list. The bureau is archaic even for a government agency. People with IT skills want to be someplace where the agency at least tries to move forward.

Worked for JSS? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at JSS reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for JSS CEO Lori James. All reviews posted anonymously by JSS employees.