JT International

Pierre de Labouchere

Great Company to Work for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Teaneck, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Teaneck, NJ

I have been working at JT International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Alot of opportunity for growth, international career, entrepreneurial spirit, great benefits, work/life balance

Cons

Nothing- its a great enviroment to grow

Invests in employees and walks the walk of being a global company

Current Employee - Director in Teaneck, NJ
    Current Employee - Director in Teaneck, NJ

I have been working at JT International full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

International experience, strong fundamentals of marketing, reward creativity due to challenging operating environment, and working on brands with global recognition.

Cons

A lot of layers and can become too process oriented which slows speed-to-market, but management is taking steps to try and improve this...industry is controversial, not always surrounded by the best & the brightest, but if you're good, provides opportunity to standout.

Continue to promote the values and build towards greater transparency.

A company that is very concerned about their employees! Nice profesional enviroment!

Former Employee - Teritorry Manager in Bucharest (Romania)
    Former Employee - Teritorry Manager in Bucharest (Romania)

I worked at JT International full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Good basic salary, very good benefits and at all a good package! Very good training programs and, as employee you feel that you are important for the company. Very good career oportunities (promotions) if you desire and if you work a lot with dedication.

Cons

High stress level for some people that may not be used with, for me wasn't a problem!

Keep up the good work! Take care about people feeling confortable at work!

Beware! Compressing tobacco market is not so good for your marketing career.

I have been working at JT International (more than 3 years)

Pros

- average market comp&benefits level within top FMCG;
    - fantastic focus on personal development (for those who want to develop yourself);
    - perfect working conditions, WLB is OK.

Cons

- compressing market, as a result, cost cutting approach is a bible (continuous staff 'optimizations', cutting of international assignments program, product 'enhancements' etc);
    - restricted markets (not so good for marketers);
    - often poor leadership, lack of support;
    - harmful product, cynical culture and politics.

JT International is the worse multinational I ever known !!

Former Employee - Anonymous in Geneva (Switzerland)
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Geneva (Switzerland)

I worked at JT International

Pros

The only benefit is the attractive salary, but it is not enough to motivate people.

Cons

JT International supplies its own employees with cigarettes! The company calls it allowance, I call it cowardice.

Female role is underestimated. No women in the executive committee. Are we living in the XXI century ?!!

Male chauvinism is too much present in the company.

My advice is that JT International should support with evidence their motto : "we are the most successful and respected tobacco company in the world".

But the company will hardly support this motto...maybe because of a lack of evidence ?

Excellent company, treats their employees well.

I have been working at JT International

Pros

JTI pays well and the work is very interesting due to the challenging environment for tobacco. The work atmosphere and culture is also pleasant and the company takes good care of their employees.

Cons

For the same reason that the work is exciting, it can also be frustrating because of the negative image of tobacco companies and the resulting lack of cooperation from stakeholders.

Keep the JTI culture, as opposed to some competitors where success at any costs is acceptable.

Bad cases of mobbing

Former Employee - Director in Geneva (Switzerland)
    Former Employee - Director in Geneva (Switzerland)

I worked at JT International full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Dressing for sport activities.
    Excellent restaurant!
    Good salary.

Cons

Mobbing, Harassment, Harcèlement, 嫌がらせ.

Many employees in Geneva headquarters do not talk about it because they are frightened of losing their job.

I've worked for several years in Geneva headquarters and I developed many relationships within the company. Management attitude is aggressive. The increasing number of resignations and dismissals is an evidence of this policy.

Japanese "4S" model as management principle for satisfying and fulfilling JT International responsibilities towards consumers, shareholders, employees and wider society is from my point of view an immoral management model.

Company objectives have been fully achieved during last years but paying a heavy price for employees health.

My advice to management is to tell apart JT International real values from JT International showcase values of its Code of Conduct.

So a word to the wise!

Good company

I worked at JT International full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Truly international company, fascinating business, budgets are not an issue. Fairly generous compensation packages. Quite decent human relations - people tend to focus on work more than on internal politics. Great company if you feel you already have the basic technical competencies in your area - you can possible learn a lot "on the job". A lot depends on who your boss/team members are - this can make the whole work experience a heaven or hell. My personal experience varied from "excellent" to "average".

Cons

As a relatively young company, JT International is still in the process of developing its own identity - there is a lack of strong corporate culture. Also lack of processes for systematic knowledge building and sharing within the company. People bring the technical skills from previous companies - this makes the overall competencies level quite uneven. Would not recommend JTI for a young graduate - few other companies are well recognized as excellent professional "schools". In JTI a lot depends on luck, vide - lack of strong culture that would make the working experience less dependent on individual managers.

Who am I to give advice…:)

Working in a nationally different management culture was initially interesting but ultimately disappointing.

Former Employee - Manager R&D in Ballymena, Northern Ireland (UK)
    Former Employee - Manager R&D in Ballymena, Northern Ireland (UK)

I worked at JT International full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Large multinational company potentially offering a range of jobs, salary and working conditions are good.

Cons

Bureaucratic decision making and control systems. Management by standard management textbook. Lot of time spent on meaningless big company games. Succession planning unclear. The family is JTI not your family.

Employee staff with ability and fully utilise that ability for the benefit of staff and company. Greater speed and clarity in decision making.

Very good company, I have experience in Albania and is the best employer for my opinion!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tirana (Albania)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tirana (Albania)

I have been working at JT International full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Respect you as a personal person, help you to develop by offering different type of trainings and experiences. very high working standards and good remuneration.

Cons

low opportunities due to small structure,

invest more in increasing no of head count

JT International Photos