JT3

Add Photos

Alan Hunter

Unique Intern Experience

Intern (Current Employee) Las Vegas, NV

ProsVery unique internship. Great compensation.

ConsDifficult hours. Work could have been more organized for interns.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would recommend the experience if technical management better organize the workload for interns in the future.

So far so good... Having a lot of fun at my current job

Electronic Technician (Current Employee) Las Vegas, NV

ProsIt's hard to beat the missions we currently support. You definitely feel like you have accomplished something at the end of each day. Work environment is friendly and you meet a lot of great people.

ConsWork hours tend to create a lot of stress at home. It's difficult to maintain a healthy work/life balance. Pay is low for job responsibilities and experience level compared to other defense contractors.

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing I can think of yet.

No good deed goes unpunished.

ProsNo matter how much you screw up, or how little you do, it doesn't matter. Pretty much only care if you are on time and charge 40 hours per week. If you keep your head down and don't try to get noticed, you can coast for an entire career. Good benefits. If you want a job where you can do next to nothing for long hours, this is the company for you. There are some good people to work with, just not so much in management. A lot of people are now leaving the company, so there will be lots of available jobs.

ConsSexual harassment and racial slurs rampant. Long hours. No clear career path. Very little mobility. Dishonest and incompetent management. Sacrificing your family for the job is expected. If you try hard you are penalized by management, they don't like people standing out or solving problems. High award fee score due to company management always doing what customer asks, even if illegal or immoral, which security hides from the world. Most company decisions made at a bar. Makes one feel bad that the whole operation is such a waste of taxpayer dollars.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to stop putting ex-military in management positions, it looks like the military can only produce toxic leaders who can't function well with others. Need a backbone to be able to say no to the customer when they ask for something that is illegal or immoral, or would be bad for operations, or bad for employee morale. Need to understand that perception really isn't reality, and that if you build too high of an expectation, and don't deliver, it might be worse in the end. At some point the whole house of cards will fall.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fulfilling, satisfying work. A great sense of purpose, and great people to work with. Work environment a challenge.

Engineer II (Former Employee) Las Vegas, NV

ProsThe people you work with are great, the mission you complete is awesome.

ConsThe work environment can be taxing on home life.

Huge Learning Experience

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Edwards AFB, CA

ProsFlexible benefits, awesome projects to work on

ConsGrowth opportunities, "family-owned" only favorites get promoted, horrible HR, management allows spouses be each others lead.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on crisis management and stop acting like congress.

Great company to work for, with a few flaws

ProsVery low-stress job for the most part. Compensation is among the best if not the best in Vegas, very "what you see is what you get" for the most part. Generous benefits, especially with vacation the longer you work. There is a company culture but that culture is very relaxed. If you get the right supervisor and team, the place is wonderful. Decent opportunities even on a downturn.

ConsManagement is very hit/miss. Work/life balance is hit/miss as well. If you get a team that doesn't like you, it can be a pain at times. Slight disconnect between senior management and the engineers/technicians.

Great place for engaging and meaningful work

ProsTechnology, opportunities to grow your skill set, job satisfaction

ConsBenefits can be a bit better

Review of Annex 1, Edwards AFB CA

Data Analyst (Current Employee) Edwards AFB, CA

ProsJT3 takes care of their employees. They offer reasonal cost benefits such as medical, dental, and vision; 100 percent tuition for higher education; robust retirement option; and monetary incentives for employees to live a healthy life style. They also are very generous when it comes to paying employees for their suggestions to make to the quality of life better for all employees and the corporation as a whole.

ConsThe corporation is geographically limited at the moment with duty locations only in Nevada, California, and Utah.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecommend utilizing a buddy system for mentoring newly hired personnel and employees seeking upward mobility.

I was leaving as things were going downhill ('06)

Electronic Technician III (Former Employee) Tonopah, NV

Prosthe employees, most of them, were highly motivated. The job was interesting and, in the beginning, you felt you were contributing to the security of the nation. The education benefits were great and I've never seen them equalled.

ConsJT3 started out great. egalitarian. then we got word that management changed bonuses for managers on the down low. favoritism was a problem as well with managers tending to listen to only a small core of people. Lots of money wasted due to egotism and poor planning on the part of the primary customer. very weak middle managers with upper management constantly meddling.

Advice to Senior ManagementIgnore performance reviews and send in an undercover observer. There are alot of long time people there that are dead weight but connected through the old boy network. There were also some unethical individuals working there when I was there.

The most unprofessional environment I have ever seen in my life. Another example of a tax dollar black hole.

Senior Engineer (Current Employee) Las Vegas, NV

ProsGet paid to do nothing.

ConsThis company has an "education" partnership with University of Phoenix. That should say it all right there. They celebrate mediocrity. Employees and managers are extremely unprofessional. It also appears that most of the long-timers at JT3 are borderline-unemployable in normal society. The "need-to-know" mystique of the "security" clearances is used a license to accomplish absolutely nothing with no questions asked. There is zero accountability and no visible productivity.

If you like to sit around, bullshitting, telling drinking stories for 90% of your time at work, then this is the company for you.

However, if you are educated, value your education, and want to use your education in your career, stay far away from JT3. Do not let the recruiters fool you. JT3 is not cutting edge, smart people do not stay with this company, and it is hard to believe such a joke of a company actually exists.

Advice to Senior ManagementDisband the entire company and start from scratch.

Worked for JT3? Contribute to the Community!