JT3 Reviews

3.2
Alan Hunter

1. Great Company

I worked at JT3

Pros

As a Programmer with this company I can say that they are very forward thinking, they value their employees, and they have a very important mission providing support to DoD at Edwards AFB, Nellis AFB, and Hill AFB.

Cons

Some employees seem to hang around for decades without progressing which makes it difficult to move up. As a new employee I found myself having to mentor many unmotivated people that had been in their jobs for too long.

Keep people moving around. Find those areas where there is stagnation and try to shake things up from time to time. It will keep your... "less-good" employees from negatively influencing your organization and allow your talented up-and-comers to shine.

2. Better enjoy a lot of waiting

I have been working at JT3

Pros

Pay is fairly decent compared to other local companies if you're not willing to leave state for work. Almost impossible to get fired. They literally pay people to sit on their butts and do nothing. Just don't violate any security rules or date/be friend with terrorists.

Cons

The job is not that exciting. You wait for what seems like an eternity sitting in a holding cell while you wait for a clearance. Once you get to work, the pay off only seems cool because anything is better than watching paint dry. After months of unpaid "alternate transport" the decent pay doesn't feel so decent anymore.

3. Good company to work for.

I have been working at JT3

Pros

Excellent benefits and personal time off.

Cons

Varying work schedule, drive time

5. The pay is just ok. Average in what they DON'T pay it makes it sub par wages.

Current Employee - Electronics Technician III in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Electronics Technician III in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at JT3 full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

You get to reinvent the wheel every day.

Cons

Draconian work and wage rules.

The good old boy style of management has to go!

6. Overall very good

I worked at JT3 full-time (more than a year)

Pros

development testing and implementation, great people, awesome job. Would go back

Cons

There are no cons at this time so I am fulfilling the twenty word minimum. Again, there really were not any cons to the place.

reward those who separate themselves from the rest

7. Good company to work for

Former Employee - Electronic Technician II in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Electronic Technician II in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at JT3 full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great group of people to work with

Cons

Time away from family is the hardest

COMPUTER OPERATOR

I worked at JT3

Pros

great benefit package, fosters off duty education and have a fantastic apprenticeship program for the electricians. However anyone can utilize tuition re-reimbursement.

Cons

Long hours and family life isn't in the company plans. Be prepared for long hours and some of the time you're not going to get paid for.

9. So far so good... Having a lot of fun at my current job

Current Employee - Electronic Technician in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Electronic Technician in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at JT3 full-time

Pros

It's hard to beat the missions we currently support. You definitely feel like you have accomplished something at the end of each day. Work environment is friendly and you meet a lot of great people.

Cons

Work hours tend to create a lot of stress at home. It's difficult to maintain a healthy work/life balance. Pay is low for job responsibilities and experience level compared to other defense contractors.

Nothing I can think of yet.

10. Unique Intern Experience

Current Intern - Intern in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Intern - Intern in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at JT3 as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Very unique internship. Great compensation.

Cons

Difficult hours. Work could have been more organized for interns.

I would recommend the experience if technical management better organize the workload for interns in the future.

No good deed goes unpunished.

I have been working at JT3 full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

No matter how much you screw up, or how little you do, it doesn't matter. Pretty much only care if you are on time and charge 40 hours per week. If you keep your head down and don't try to get noticed, you can coast for an entire career. Good benefits. If you want a job where you can do next to nothing for long hours, this is the company for you. There are some good people to work with, just not so much in management. A lot of people are now leaving the company, so there will be lots of available jobs.

Cons

Sexual harassment and racial slurs rampant. Long hours. No clear career path. Very little mobility. Dishonest and incompetent management. Sacrificing your family for the job is expected. If you try hard you are penalized by management, they don't like people standing out or solving problems. High award fee score due to company management always doing what customer asks, even if illegal or immoral, which security hides from the world. Most company decisions made at a bar. Makes one feel bad that the whole operation is such a waste of taxpayer dollars.

Need to stop putting ex-military in management positions, it looks like the military can only produce toxic leaders who can't function well with others. Need a backbone to be able to say no to the customer when they ask for something that is illegal or immoral, or would be bad for operations, or bad for employee morale. Need to understand that perception really isn't reality, and that if you build too high of an expectation, and don't deliver, it might be worse in the end. At some point the whole house of cards will fall.