JTG Reviews

Great Career Advancement

Current Employee - Program Manager in Vienna, VA
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Vienna, VA

I have been working at JTG full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The cross-training and guidance is the best in the industry; the managers are actively engaged in the employee’s career development. All the colleagues, without exception, are team oriented and friendly. If you are looking for professional growth and willing to expand your horizon JTG is the place to be.

Cons

Very fast pace work environment due to the continual growth of the company. However, it is compensated by the outstanding learning experience and amazing opportunities the company prepares its employees for.

Advice to Management

Continue supporting employees' professional growth

2. Well known for high turnover in the industry

Former Employee - Project Manager in Vienna, VA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Vienna, VA

I worked at JTG full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very minimal positives outside of decent vacation policies.

Cons

Sink or swim attitude. People are constantly leaving the company due to resignations and firings. Management provides no training but makes huge demand when there are time crunches. All focus is on earning new work, not doing well projects after they have been awarded. Shady practices with money and numbers, do not even have a certified accountant. CEO is incredibly difficult to work with and after working with other companies in the industry I know that everyone feels this way.

Advice to Management

Very little to say. The company has accepted that they will treat people poorly and that there will be constant turnover. They hire young employees with little experience and have huge expectations with no training. Notice all the other reviews mimic the same sentiment, "We have great training!". This is a clear response to the bad reviews initially posted on this site.

Supportive of military family life and individual circumstances requiring working remotely or needing flexible schedule.

I have been working at JTG

Pros

While my husband was deployed to Afghanistan I worked full-time for about six months at JTG's Headquarters in Vienna, VA. When he returned we were stationed at Ft. Polk, LA. I had to make a decision to choose between my career and my husband but luckily I was offered the flexibility to work remotely as a part-time employee. This is a dream come true for any military spouse--not having to sacrifice career for family.

Being able to have both a career and be with your soldier wherever the Army sends you, is a blessing!

Cons

Must write your name on food in the office-community fridge or someone will take it. That someone is me. ;)

Advice to Management

Continue supporting the workforce outside corporate headquarters

Sick Leave

Current Employee - TDNA in Fort Belvoir, VA
    Current Employee - TDNA in Fort Belvoir, VA

I have been working at JTG full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Combines sick leave with holiday leave.
    More flexibility to use when needed

Cons

Snow days slows down the busy work week.

Advice to Management

Continue supporting the workforce outside corporate headquarters.

Professional, Friendly and Supportive Team

Current Employee - Project Manager in Vienna, VA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Vienna, VA

I have been working at JTG part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As a recent college graduate, I couldn't be happier to start my career off at such a friendly and professional workplace. I have learned so much about the industry. Upper management is very supportive and appreciate all that the employees do for the company.

Cons

Wish the building had a gym associated with it.

Great Place to Work, Learn, and Grow

Current Employee - Senior PM in Vienna, VA
    Current Employee - Senior PM in Vienna, VA

I have been working at JTG full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent benefits, convenient location, competitive salaries, generous bonuses at the end of the year. JTG gave me the chance and my first job after college. Once I proved myself, I was promoted and got a huge salary increase.

Cons

The dress code (coat and tie) all week except for Friday.

Advice to Management

Thank you for giving me and many others the chance to succeed.

Great

Current Employee - Journeyman SIGINT Analyst in Fort Belvoir, VA
    Current Employee - Journeyman SIGINT Analyst in Fort Belvoir, VA

I have been working at JTG full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great co-workers
    On the job training is first rate.

Cons

Promotional opportunities are not good

A very professional and welcoming company with a wonderful track record

Current Employee - Operations Specialist in Vienna, VA
    Current Employee - Operations Specialist in Vienna, VA

I have been working at JTG full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The diverse and experienced employees are all hard working people who strive to excel in their positions, while still finding the time to maintain positive and ongoing relationships with their clientele and fellow staff members. JTG Inc. has amazing employee insurance benefits as well, and strives to keep its customers/contractors as happy as its employees.

Cons

While I cannot attest to any noticeable cons that JTG Inc. might have, I have yet to be disappointed with the position and job duties I have been assigned, and I have not heard of any complaints from JTG Inc. affiliates. If there were any complications, they were minor, and were remedied as promptly and thoroughly as possible.

Advice to Management

Keep the company growing!

Large turnover due to poor treatment of employees, frustrating management

Current Employee - Account Manager in Vienna, VA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Vienna, VA

I have been working at JTG

Pros

The insurance is fantastic. They provide a very good PPO plan and pay for all of it. They do this because of the large amount of employees that are current/former military that require such insurance.

Cons

Management gets on peoples bad sides very quickly. At our headquarters, there are no more than 10 people at any given time. Since I have started, 5 people have quit or have been fired. No direct management interaction, they prefer to talk to a third party about an individual to solve problems rather than addressing the individual directly. This leads to more problems. The strongest workers are not appreciated, but rather overworked until they are dejected. Yelling occurs often in the office, and in an office of 10, it becomes unbearable. The company has its own software that is required use, but nobody (including the President) knows how to use it and there is no training provided for it. There is no training of any kind, once you walk in, you are handed a book that details procedures, and that is the extent of training.

Advice to Management

Treat people with respect and do not resort to dishonesty when there are problems in the office. Provide training for all employees.

Good for a family man

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Melbourne (Australia)
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Melbourne (Australia)

I have been working at JTG full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good people to work with. There is a lot of flexibility. A good growth opportunity. I would recommend this company.

Cons

Difficult to leave and go somewhere else.

RSS Feed </> Embed