JUSTIN Vineyards & Winery Reviews

CEO

1. Great Opportunity

Current Employee - Wine Guide in Paso Robles, CA
    Current Employee - Wine Guide in Paso Robles, CA

I have been working at JUSTIN Vineyards & Winery part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with of varied life backgrounds and experiences. Willing to invest into new/older employees so that we get the most out of our work. Team incentives with sprinklings of individual so that we can achieve a synergistic status.

Cons

JUSTIN Vineyards & winery is very far away from most places in Paso (actually the furthest West) and sometimes it takes some effort to plan out my commute, and also does not really allow for saving at the pump. But honestly this is me digging deep to find something.

Advice to Management

I recommend that the managers work together more to accomplish goals. Granted I am on the outside looking in, but there are somethings that take a couple weeks to get working (swipe cards for the clock-in/out system, or company emails set up). But honestly this is me digging deep again to find something.

2. Tasting room/wine society

I worked at JUSTIN Vineyards & Winery full-time

Pros

Great wine, beautiful location, comprehensive benefits

Cons

No upward mobility or growth opportunities

Advice to Management

Talk to your employees regularly. Don't put them off when they ask for a moment of your time.

3. Staff is micro-managed, leadership is fear based. Quality product, respected brand.

Current Employee - Manager in Paso Robles, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Paso Robles, CA

I have been working at JUSTIN Vineyards & Winery full-time

Pros

Entry level positions are an excellent training ground for people looking to learn the wine business from a respected brand Product quality is excellent Benefits and compensation are excellent for the area

Cons

Managers are not empowered to make decisions Mistakes are not allowed Culture of fear Senior leadership Lack of integration between departments Communication

Advice to Management

Focus on high level business objectives and stay out of day-to-day management, start respecting the team in Paso Robles

5. Disappointed

I worked at JUSTIN Vineyards & Winery (More than a year)

Pros

Lovely location and new renovation make for a beautiful physical environment. Benefits are pretty good. Discounts on fine wine.

Cons

Office culture is nasty and demeaning. Highly unbalanced treatment of employees within hospitality department. Lots of secretive, negative stuff going on.

Advice to Management

Improve employment culture to one of respect for people.

6. Good benefits, poor culture

Former Employee - Inventory Manager in Paso Robles, CA
    Former Employee - Inventory Manager in Paso Robles, CA

I worked at JUSTIN Vineyards & Winery full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-good benefits: reasonably priced health and dental, and free personal trainer -friendly employees in local offices

Cons

-little advancement opportunities unless you are willing to move to LA where the parent company, Fiji Water, is stationed -segregated employees: each dept sticks together, and doesn't socialize much together specific to the inventory position: -boss and rest of team are all based in LA, while you are alone in Paso trying to do everything by yourself. Makes communication very difficult, and increases job stress dramatically -poor work life balance. worked 60 hour weeks ALL the time.

7. Don't even bother applying

Former Employee - Hospitality in Paso Robles, CA
    Former Employee - Hospitality in Paso Robles, CA

I worked at JUSTIN Vineyards & Winery full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The wine is ok. full benefits after 30 days. Put a lot into the Christmas party.

Cons

Unethical, unorganized, a bunch of people that think they know what there doing but it's all about a social status for the managers

Advice to Management

They wouldn't listen anyway since its corporate.

8. Ok place to work, bought up by roll global last year. great benefits and decent starting pay.

Former Employee - Tasting Room Attendant in Paso Robles, CA
    Former Employee - Tasting Room Attendant in Paso Robles, CA

I worked at JUSTIN Vineyards & Winery full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits, good starting pay for the area

Cons

Far drive for most people and long hours at times

RSS Feed </> Embed