Jabil Reviews

Updated September 17, 2014
Updated September 17, 2014
2.9

Mark Mondello

Pros
  • Very very relax and casual work environment (in 8 reviews)

• Good salary, flexible dress code, flexible with time off (depending on your manager) (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • They will use you and work you long hours without OT for salaried positions (in 12 reviews)

• The upper management was never very solid,constantly changing,all of them had different views on how to run the company (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

Good company to work with.

Former Employee - SAP ABAP Developer  in  Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Employee - SAP ABAP Developer in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at Jabil full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

It's family oriented company. IT development is up today new technology.

Cons

There is limited room to grow.

Challenging

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Jabil full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very Casual environment. We work hard but it is gratifying. Team oriented most of the time. There is plenty of room for growth depending on what functional area you want to go into.

Cons

No work life balance. Customer dictates your life. Favoritism is prominent in deciding who gets a job.

Listen to your employees, they will either make you or break you.

Company has a high layoff rate due to forecast of potential customers.

Former Employee - Manufacturing Engineering Technician  in  San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Manufacturing Engineering Technician in San Jose, CA

I worked at Jabil full-time

Pros

The challenges are moderate and the company strives to always improve.

Cons

Jabil is a full manufacturing company which transfers to bottom line profits, hence an extremely cheap company.

Our management team requires a re-haul due to a majority lacking in intellect.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fast paced, exciting work environment.

I have been working at Jabil full-time for more than a year

Pros

Diversity in work, fun projects.

Cons

Slow to react like most big companies. Not good communication between sites and corporate.

There is a clear message delivered by corporate, but the reality is far different.

One of the best environments out there

Former Employee - Risk and Assurance Auditor  in  Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Employee - Risk and Assurance Auditor in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at Jabil full-time for less than a year

Pros

Culture is great. Very relaxed. Very close-knit. The company does a great job keeping employees happy and provided for.

Very flexible with time off. If you do your work, it should never be an issue.

Cons

Didnt live up to my expectations for using my multiple languages. I thought I would get much more exposure than I did in that regard.

While the minimum requirements are laid out for you, the intricacies of these requirements can be confusing and really depend on your manager.

Worry less about what the external auditors have to say.

Very disappointing mistake

Former Employee - Test Engineering Leader  in  Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Test Engineering Leader in Memphis, TN

I worked at Jabil full-time for more than a year

Pros

Jabil - Memphis can be a place to gain experience and develop skills. Pay is good if you negotiate.

Cons

Manufacturing environment that does not look beyond the next quarter end. High turnover.No consistency or stability. Engineers are used as MFG supervisors to save money. Excessive mandatory daily and weekly meetings that do not add value.

One of the worst companies I ever had the displeasure to work for.

Former Employee - Test Tech  in  Poughkeepsie, NY
    Former Employee - Test Tech in Poughkeepsie, NY

I worked at Jabil as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Nothing positive to say about this location!!!!!

Cons

Poor work environment.
    Weak and unprofessional management especially the leads.
    No respect for the workers.
    Not what you knew and how you did the job. but the tighter you were with management you got ahead

Get rid of that Mgr. crew, running the the Poughkeepsie NY site.

mgmt

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Poughkeepsie, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Poughkeepsie, NY

I have been working at Jabil full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

none, nothing can't wait to leave

Cons

Concentration camp, bullies, mismanaged

never at this place, people get let go before promotion

Depends

Former Employee - Corporate  in  Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Employee - Corporate in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at Jabil full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Ability to make a difference. A lot of improvement opportunities. Employee engagement activities. Giving back to the community. A lot of great people. Global footprint.

Cons

Politics. Work Life Balance. Career path. Unprofessional environment. All depends on who you work for, the department you are in and if you are part of 'the club'.

Take a deeper look into why good employees are leaving, as this will give you insight into issues at the lower level.

Not impressed!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Jabil full-time for more than a year

Pros

Jabil is profitable. It's hard to argue with the company's success.

Cons

I'm new to the company. I became a Jabil employee through an acquisition. All of us at the acquired company had high hopes regarding Jabil but these didn't pan out. Some of the challenges include a general lack of regard for employees overall. At least that's my opinion based on what I've seen. The executives of the company say all the right things about the importance of employees (and they seem sincere) but what they say doesn't align with what I've seen and experienced. An example would be the way the company gives complete deference to the Compliance Department. I understand the need for strict compliance in a SOX governed business environment. Unfortunately, though, Jabil has let their approach to compliance remove a good deal of trust from the culture which I suspect is not of much concern to senior management.

Another indication of how sick the Jabil culture is would be the institutional arrogance at the corporate office. The shabby quality I've seen from the people working at St. Pete, and their complete lack of interest in improving should be embarrassing to the senior management. How some of them remain employed, I do not know. Yet the Jabil executives seem not to care so long as the profit number is delivered. Meanwhile, the corporate middle managers who are engaged in "kingdom building" go on hiding behind general department e-mail addresses that help them dodge accountability, laying blame for errors on underlings, and generally ignoring the employees they are employed to serve.

A recent employee survey done to get a feel for how the Jabil culture could be improved was so far off the mark that many people refused to fill it out. The Jabil management team didn't even allow respondents to add comments to the survey that could have yielded valuable information. The survey was strictly a multiple choice exercise covering issues that did not get at the systemic problems influencing the company's culture. Perhaps it was simply a case of not asking questions to which management really didn't want answers.

Start holding managers accountable for their unacceptable work and attitudes.

Ask employees in simple terms what they would like to see improved. Then listen to, and honestly respond to their answers. Then do it again, and again until you really understand. Make changes along the way to address the things you can change, and explain why you are not changing the things you don't change.

Worked for Jabil? Contribute to the Community!