Jabil Reviews

Updated September 26, 2014
Updated September 26, 2014
2.8

Mark Mondello

Pros
  • Very very relax and casual work environment (in 9 reviews)

• Good salary, flexible dress code, flexible with time off (depending on your manager) (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • No work life balance due to long hours (in 7 reviews)

• They will use you and work you long hours without OT for salaried positions (in 12 reviews)

More Highlights

Tough industry, big company, a lot of lifers in upper management, professional wins are no guarantee you'll go anywhere

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at Jabil full-time for more than a year

Pros

It's an international global technology manufacturing company. There is a lot that can be learned. Taken in some context to my cons, Jabil doesn't have a true competitor. Nobody is performing as well in the number of products that Jabil offers. They have several competitors within each line but no competitor is too large or a knockout. So there is some security there. They've gone under a large restructuring in terms of where they manufacture certain products but no more than any other manufacturing company. The RIM separation was predictable and they dragged it out and offered severance which is more than many companies.

Cons

If you want to make your mark, you will work insane hours. If you don't want to work insane hours, you'll never get anywhere. If you have something profound or have a great idea, there is 10 miles of thorns and vines before hitting a 20 foot concrete wall (heavy control structure lead by lifers who still do things in very old ways). Succeeding at getting to and scaling the wall is no guarantee of any reward, incentives, or opportunities even after all that work.

Jabil has the distinct scenario of being a manufacturer (tight margins and competition) in the technology industry (anything they make will be obsolete within in 2 years). This creates a lot of cash concerns for a company thats been in restructuring since 2006 and just dropped it's second biggest customer. This means your incentives for staying at Jabil come with a timeline that isn't competitive if you didn't come in with a competitive salary to begin with. Everything takes to 2/3 years which can get cumbersome.

The experience you get is quite different because Jabil is lacking in centralized visibility and central processes. The businesses operate like entirely separate businesses which limits your ability to make an impact. This has increased since the Nypro acquisition.

Sometimes, I wonder why people make the salaries they do because they don't do anything of much consequence. Then they earn bonuses when they're already overpaid in salary. Other people do extremely well and are extremely capable and nothing is done to provide them incentives. There is almost a clique-ish nature to how some salary and benefits are paid out and sometimes you are too far in the back of the line of promised incentives to ever realize them. This also get's cumbersome.

You're doing the best with what you have. Without large customers like Apple and Cisco, I would wonder why any manufacturing company would be public with competitors in Taiwan and China undercutting bids. Premium margins require premium innovation, premium service, and premium partners. Keep changing your business to the markets but your hiring, benefits, and compensation structure needs a major rehaul. The rating system seems to have almost no correlation with comp.

Good company to work with.

Former Employee - SAP ABAP Developer  in  Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Employee - SAP ABAP Developer in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at Jabil full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

It's family oriented company. IT development is up today new technology.

Cons

There is limited room to grow.

Planner

I have been working at Jabil

Pros

casual environment, flexible, friendly environment and great exposure, good learning curves which also can state in your resume.

Cons

Treated well for Senior executive above, but not for those lower than that, work load increase and being push by management level, overloaded...

Have a balance between ground level and higher level.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Challenging

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Jabil full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very Casual environment. We work hard but it is gratifying. Team oriented most of the time. There is plenty of room for growth depending on what functional area you want to go into.

Cons

No work life balance. Customer dictates your life. Favoritism is prominent in deciding who gets a job.

Listen to your employees, they will either make you or break you.

One of the best environments out there

Former Employee - Risk and Assurance Auditor  in  Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Employee - Risk and Assurance Auditor in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at Jabil full-time for less than a year

Pros

Culture is great. Very relaxed. Very close-knit. The company does a great job keeping employees happy and provided for.

Very flexible with time off. If you do your work, it should never be an issue.

Cons

Didnt live up to my expectations for using my multiple languages. I thought I would get much more exposure than I did in that regard.

While the minimum requirements are laid out for you, the intricacies of these requirements can be confusing and really depend on your manager.

Worry less about what the external auditors have to say.

Company has a high layoff rate due to forecast of potential customers.

Former Employee - Manufacturing Engineering Technician  in  San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Manufacturing Engineering Technician in San Jose, CA

I worked at Jabil full-time

Pros

The challenges are moderate and the company strives to always improve.

Cons

Jabil is a full manufacturing company which transfers to bottom line profits, hence an extremely cheap company.

Our management team requires a re-haul due to a majority lacking in intellect.

Fast paced, exciting work environment.

I have been working at Jabil full-time for more than a year

Pros

Diversity in work, fun projects.

Cons

Slow to react like most big companies. Not good communication between sites and corporate.

There is a clear message delivered by corporate, but the reality is far different.

Very disappointing mistake

Former Employee - Test Engineering Leader  in  Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Test Engineering Leader in Memphis, TN

I worked at Jabil full-time for more than a year

Pros

Jabil - Memphis can be a place to gain experience and develop skills. Pay is good if you negotiate.

Cons

Manufacturing environment that does not look beyond the next quarter end. High turnover.No consistency or stability. Engineers are used as MFG supervisors to save money. Excessive mandatory daily and weekly meetings that do not add value.

One of the worst companies I ever had the displeasure to work for.

Former Employee - Test Tech  in  Poughkeepsie, NY
    Former Employee - Test Tech in Poughkeepsie, NY

I worked at Jabil as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Nothing positive to say about this location!!!!!

Cons

Poor work environment.
    Weak and unprofessional management especially the leads.
    No respect for the workers.
    Not what you knew and how you did the job. but the tighter you were with management you got ahead

Get rid of that Mgr. crew, running the the Poughkeepsie NY site.

mgmt

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Poughkeepsie, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Poughkeepsie, NY

I have been working at Jabil full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

none, nothing can't wait to leave

Cons

Concentration camp, bullies, mismanaged

never at this place, people get let go before promotion

Worked for Jabil? Contribute to the Community!