Jack Henry & Associates

Updated October 9, 2014
3.6

Jack Henry & Associates CEO and Director Jack Prim
Jack Prim

Pros
  • Benefits are very good and you truly do have amazing work life balance (in 15 reviews)

• flexible work (partial work from home), interesting tasks, fun coworkers (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Data Center Upper Management bows down to application development/management (in 7 reviews)

• Yearly cost of living raises are barely that (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

8 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Excellent Benefits and Opportunities for growth if you are willing to work for it!

Current Employee - Systems/Network Administrator in Allen, TX
    Current Employee - Systems/Network Administrator in Allen, TX

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent benefits, 4 weeks paid vacation starting out, opportunities for advancement if you are willing to put in the time, work, and effort. Up to 5% match on 401k. Employee Stock Purchase Plan.

Cons

Like any medium to large company, there are politics. There are several departments that are based at the home office, so some positions are not available at the other offices. There are many layers of middle management and it sometimes takes a lot to get small things done. I am in an on-call role and my management team expects me to be available any time they call; even when I am not on-call. They even make me feel guilty when I can't come in.

Allow employees to rate and review the management team!!! Please!

JHA is a good organization that has slipped on it's commitment to employees as of late.

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Allen, TX

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Diverse, fairly relaxed atmosphere most of the time. Compensation is generally low compared to the market, but some employees make fair market pay.

Cons

Tragically hard to move around in the organization, you can get cornered into a group that is declining. Terribly slow to develop with Industry standards, falling well behind the curve. Too many legacy systems that just won't let go. Most of the middle managers that I've worked with are smart but generally out of touch. Many of them holding only one other job and therefor bringing very little experience in software development life cycles. Still using waterfall SDL!!!

Offices outside of the home office in Monett are treated like the third world. In terrible repair, dirty and unkempt environments; bathrooms often out of order, ventilation system coughs dust clouds, carpet from 1970, stained and broken furniture (yes it's really that bad). However at the home office, not a blade of grass out of place as workers roam the expansive facility all day polishing toilets, pruning shrubs and providing multiple options for lunch in the on site lunch room at generous discounts. Ya, they just don't care about any other office other than Monett Mo.

Management should look for ways to move their top employees up and provide training for it. The company as a whole should revert to it's roots of putting the ASSOCIATES first and squash the notion of invasive audits of the employees family and person information through unreliable third party's (ConSova).. As of late, the organization is nickle and dimming the benefits which used to be their greatest factor.

Pay attention to facilities outside of Monett. The facility in Allen is a running joke. Obvious that you don't care about employee well being in Texas.

The good ole boy network exists only in Monett Mo. No chance of getting exposed to opportunity in other offices.

Awesome!

Current Employee - Manager in Allen, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Allen, TX

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Recognized for great customer service, benefits, great culture, strong financials. Good work/life balance. Wear shorts all summer long for $60 to support charities! JHA has Community Service Groups in many of their 40+ locations across the country supporting a variety of great causes.

Cons

The company will do it's part to help you succeed but if you don't contribute, you don't want to learn and grow, you aren't a team player...you won't like it here. JHA has a strong progressive discipline process and if you aren't cutting it, become stagnant, you won't be around for long.

Managers need to take advantage of training that is available. Some manage differently than others, which is okay, but they should know and follow consistently the policies/procedures/core values. Training opportunities are available but unfortunately some feel they don't need it, don't have time, don't want it, don't agree...whatever the reason...get over it and learn!

Phenomenal company; great work / life balance and superb benefits! Friendly, genuine and extremely fulfilling!!

Current Employee - IT Recruiter in Allen, TX
    Current Employee - IT Recruiter in Allen, TX

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Benefits are very good and you truly do have amazing work life balance. The culture if very casual as you get to wear jeans and at time business casual dress attire. Everyone and I mean everyone, is extremely approachable and genuinely love working here and truly go out of their way to help make you successful. As an organization we offer cutting edge technology and are very competitive when it comes to ensuring spotlight within the job market with compensation, training, opportunity for growth, and you even have the flexibility to telecommute etc. If your looking for a new long term career, a new home per say; Jack Henry is where you need to look first!!

Cons

I truly do not have a ton I can think of. From my perspective we do have a ton of process and procedures but that would be due to our company size and various business groups within the organization. We do need better Marketing, Social Media lime-light but I can say we are actively doing a great job of making this come to light and as we speak you can find us on FB, Twitter etc... we are taking large strides to reflect through the media but it does not all happen over night!

Great company, inexperienced leaders.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Allen, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Allen, TX

I worked at Jack Henry & Associates full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Environment is fast paced, fun and engaging.

Cons

Supervisors and Managers have no experience in leadership, coaching or otherwise.

Train and assess supervisors and managers to become leaders and coaches.

Behind in Technology

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Allen, TX

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent benefits and pretty stable employment

Cons

Not flexible with the type of software used. Company stuck on their proprietary language which is procedural, and very slow in the transition to a object oriented language. If you are a software engineer looking to work with an object oriented language, and relational database, stay away from this company.

Develop your communication skills. Doing this will help you develop a better relationship, as well as show that you appreciate your employees

Puts their clients first

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Allen, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Allen, TX

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates

Pros

The quality of customer care is never sacrificed even when tough budget decisions roll around. This leads to happy customers which leads to good business. We all want to be apart of a business that is a leader in their field for all the right reasons.

Cons

We are in an industry that is not seeing a lot of growth

Don't be listening to any New York investment bankers.

Jack Henry is a great place to work!

Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in Allen, TX
    Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in Allen, TX

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates

Pros

Great company, nice co-workers, good pay and casual dress code. Good benefits too!

Cons

At this time I cannot think of any downsides-I have enjoyed my time at JHA.

Continue to improve communication and keep staffing levels aligned with growth.

Jack Henry & Associates Photos