Jack Henry & Associates Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
Jack Henry & Associates CEO and Director Jack Prim
Jack Prim

Pros
  • My manager puts a lot of emphasis on proper work-life balance (in 15 reviews)

• Given laptop to work from home if needed (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • It has to come down from upper management (in 7 reviews)

• Barely cost of living adjustments really (in 4 reviews)

Credit Analyst

Current Employee - Credit Analyst in Allen, TX
    Current Employee - Credit Analyst in Allen, TX

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You can wear jeans and tennis shoes everyday. When we have visitors you have to dress business casual. Very stable company where you don't have to worry about being laid-off.

Cons

Salary is below market. Advancement opportunities are based on who you know and not what you know.

Advice to Management

When surveys are conducted take the opportunity to to let the employees know not only the results of the findings but also the actions, if any that will be taken to change the situations.

2. As a whole just okay

Current Employee - Advanced Credit Analyst in Allen, TX
    Current Employee - Advanced Credit Analyst in Allen, TX

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great employee appreciation events Great discounts for sporting events Allows some employees to telecommute

Cons

Low salaries compared to similar companies Terrible training for managers No room for advancement Make employees apply for positions in order to get some promotions There are no standards set up for employees to measure performance High turnover

Advice to Management

They need to seriously work on training programs for management. The turnover is unbelievable.

The last interview you'll ever have, unless you run away screaming.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Allen, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Allen, TX

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Longevity is almost guaranteed if you perform to expectations. Work-life balance is good. Compensation is middle of the road--not the best or worst.

Cons

New employee on-boarding is mind numbing--way too much material to absorb. The One Company policy is a joke, but not in a good way. Raises are small and infrequent.

Is Jack Henry a great place to work?

Current Employee - Support Manager in Allen, TX
    Current Employee - Support Manager in Allen, TX

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time

Pros

Like most companies, the culture of the organization is from the top down. Over the years, the company grew at a steady, but encouraging rate the past 10 years. Management focus is primarily on the banking business with core software, ancillary products and API's to most if not any and all 3rd party vendors or service providers. The credit union market surged in recent years as the sales mentality shifted from pushing in-house products and services to the upcoming EASE platform. Flexibility is their middle name with exception of managing products or services within a financial's internal network. Great business, especially since the key client is on average $130B for EASE and $50M for CruiseNet. Very affordable and where can you get all the products and services in one place for such an attractive price while reducing the regulatory headache of managing a financial institution.

Cons

The credit union market outsourcing product (aka EASE) took a while to gain ground. This was primarily due to sales incentives heavily weighted on licensing in-house systems. The rhetoric at the time was that the outsourcing product was an inferior product/service along with no incentives compared to in-house sales. Another key problem was the Symitar organization only made a small percentage of the outsourcing business as well as absorbed most if not all the upfront costs associated with the sales and implementation cycle. The support model was in-house only and EASE clients and operation staff had to go it alone. The banking outsourcing was the primary money maker and that's where the attention was focused. From the lack of involvement or understanding from the GM level to the $14 an hour computer operator, the outsourcing model was broken. As the product grew the service model could not sustain all the demands placed on the support and operations personnel. Being setup to fail is not a particular good position that no employee wants to be in. Regardless if you are an A or C player, just not good environment to be optimistic about your ability to deliver a superior product or service. The culture of pointing fingers from internal support groups was the norm while the business units suffering the most were the ones with the least control of the product or service, but holding all the accountability.

Advice to Management

Senior management needs to really get a real understanding of credit union outsourcing. Provide the internal support to allow that business to be successful, especially managing complex technology, less than desired PL1 databases and disaster recovery should be an extreme priority. Examine your current management and talk to the day to day personnel that probably have some candid thoughts on making success a priority.

6. Excellent Benefits and Opportunities for growth if you are willing to work for it!

Current Employee - Systems/Network Administrator in Allen, TX
    Current Employee - Systems/Network Administrator in Allen, TX

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent benefits, 4 weeks paid vacation starting out, opportunities for advancement if you are willing to put in the time, work, and effort. Up to 5% match on 401k. Employee Stock Purchase Plan.

Cons

Like any medium to large company, there are politics. There are several departments that are based at the home office, so some positions are not available at the other offices. There are many layers of middle management and it sometimes takes a lot to get small things done. I am in an on-call role and my management team expects me to be available any time they call; even when I am not on-call. They even make me feel guilty when I can't come in.

Advice to Management

Allow employees to rate and review the management team!!! Please!

JHA is a good organization that has slipped on it's commitment to employees as of late.

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Allen, TX

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Diverse, fairly relaxed atmosphere most of the time. Compensation is generally low compared to the market, but some employees make fair market pay.

Cons

Tragically hard to move around in the organization, you can get cornered into a group that is declining. Terribly slow to develop with Industry standards, falling well behind the curve. Too many legacy systems that just won't let go. Most of the middle managers that I've worked with are smart but generally out of touch. Many of them holding only one other job and therefor bringing very little experience in software development life cycles. Still using waterfall SDL!!! Offices outside of the home office in Monett are treated like the third world. In terrible repair, dirty and unkempt environments; bathrooms often out of order, ventilation system coughs dust clouds, carpet from 1970, stained and broken furniture (yes it's really that bad). However at the home office, not a blade of grass out of place as workers roam the expansive facility all day polishing toilets, pruning shrubs and providing multiple options for lunch in the on site lunch room at generous discounts. Ya, they just don't care about any other office other than Monett Mo.

Advice to Management

Management should look for ways to move their top employees up and provide training for it. The company as a whole should revert to it's roots of putting the ASSOCIATES first and squash the notion of invasive audits of the employees family and person information through unreliable third party's (ConSova).. As of late, the organization is nickle and dimming the benefits which used to be their greatest factor. Pay attention to facilities outside of Monett. The facility in Allen is a running joke. Obvious that you don't care about employee well being in Texas. The good ole boy network exists only in Monett Mo. No chance of getting exposed to opportunity in other offices.

8. Awesome!

Current Employee - Manager in Allen, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Allen, TX

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Recognized for great customer service, benefits, great culture, strong financials. Good work/life balance. Wear shorts all summer long for $60 to support charities! JHA has Community Service Groups in many of their 40+ locations across the country supporting a variety of great causes.

Cons

The company will do it's part to help you succeed but if you don't contribute, you don't want to learn and grow, you aren't a team player...you won't like it here. JHA has a strong progressive discipline process and if you aren't cutting it, become stagnant, you won't be around for long.

Advice to Management

Managers need to take advantage of training that is available. Some manage differently than others, which is okay, but they should know and follow consistently the policies/procedures/core values. Training opportunities are available but unfortunately some feel they don't need it, don't have time, don't want it, don't agree...whatever the reason...get over it and learn!

Phenomenal company; great work / life balance and superb benefits! Friendly, genuine and extremely fulfilling!!

Current Employee - IT Recruiter in Allen, TX
    Current Employee - IT Recruiter in Allen, TX

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits are very good and you truly do have amazing work life balance. The culture if very casual as you get to wear jeans and at time business casual dress attire. Everyone and I mean everyone, is extremely approachable and genuinely love working here and truly go out of their way to help make you successful. As an organization we offer cutting edge technology and are very competitive when it comes to ensuring spotlight within the job market with compensation, training, opportunity for growth, and you even have the flexibility to telecommute etc. If your looking for a new long term career, a new home per say; Jack Henry is where you need to look first!!

Cons

I truly do not have a ton I can think of. From my perspective we do have a ton of process and procedures but that would be due to our company size and various business groups within the organization. We do need better Marketing, Social Media lime-light but I can say we are actively doing a great job of making this come to light and as we speak you can find us on FB, Twitter etc... we are taking large strides to reflect through the media but it does not all happen over night!

Great company, inexperienced leaders.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Allen, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Allen, TX

I worked at Jack Henry & Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Environment is fast paced, fun and engaging.

Cons

Supervisors and Managers have no experience in leadership, coaching or otherwise.

Advice to Management

Train and assess supervisors and managers to become leaders and coaches.

Behind in Technology

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Allen, TX

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent benefits and pretty stable employment

Cons

Not flexible with the type of software used. Company stuck on their proprietary language which is procedural, and very slow in the transition to a object oriented language. If you are a software engineer looking to work with an object oriented language, and relational database, stay away from this company.

Advice to Management

Develop your communication skills. Doing this will help you develop a better relationship, as well as show that you appreciate your employees

RSS Feed </> Embed