Jack Henry & Associates

Jack Henry & Associates Reviews

Updated Apr 8, 2014

Jack Henry & Associates CEO and Director Jack Prim

Jack Prim

Pros:
  • "Great Benefits/salary/VERY CASUAL WORK ENVIRONMENT"
    in 19 reviews
  • "Every company says they care about customer satisfaction and employee work-life balance"
    in 8 reviews
Cons:
  • "In more technical jobs the work/life balance is hard"
    in 3 reviews
  • "Lack of growth opportunities for virtual or offices outside the main locations (Monett, San Diego and/or Allen)"
    in 4 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Roller Coaster

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time for more than 10 years

ProsFlexible work hours, remote work. Caring upper management. Decent benefits. There are lots of internal positions available, so it's easy to move around. As long as you're in a Jack Henry office, most jobs can be accomplished remote. They do a good job with community involvement and helping out local groups in need. Clothing, food, etc.

ConsWork/Life balance is out the window with this company. They work you like a dog with no compensation, no bonus for going more than the extra mile. Constant cost cutting and well under staffed with qualified people to do the job that is needed. The "small company feel" has gone away replaced by a company trying to act like one of the big boys when they're not. A technology company that is always behind the technology curve.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees like you used to treat them 10 years ago.

Company asks for employee input

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time for more than 10 years

ProsAnnual company survey
Responsive to employees concerns, requests
Feel of a small company remains even though JHA has grown into a larger corporation

ConsStruggling to blend various companies bought over time - different cultures, practices not the same in different offices in relation to employee treatment.

Advice to Senior ManagementRealize there is more work to be done to make this one company in many aspects.

Great Company

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates

ProsjHA is a awesome company to work for with a very deep history and great roots!

ConsCertain departments are not good departments at all. Review department when applying.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Corporate Call Center Rep

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates

ProsThis is a great company to work for. There are many opportunities for advancement within the company. Customer service is their top priority, and they are very successful. Their goals are very clear.

ConsNo Cons for this company.

Poor upper management that trickles down to employees

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat benefits package. Decent pay for the area.

ConsManagement is self-centered. No compassion for employees, just the final result.

Advice to Senior ManagementLess levels of management would make operations and expectations more clear.

Great place to work if you are not expecting top management

QA Analyst (Current Employee)
San Diego, CA

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time for more than 8 years

ProsGood benefits (used to be a lot better), flexible work day (you like to start later in the day, go for it), fun atmosphere (monthly activities, taco Tuesday, lots of benefit drives, craft fairs, Halloween is the best) if you are not remote, and a brilliant workforce (some of the smartest people I have ever met). Every 2 years one can apply for a different opportunity in the company. If you are a person that gets bored with your job over time, this is a great place to work.

ConsThe trend the last few years seems to be hiring in Managers without a lot of technical savvy. Since we have a highly technical product, it is very frustrating to get management buy-in for suggestions when they don't even understand what you are talking about. Changing things from a sub-management position is a ponderous process, though management loves to switch up things constantly. Would not be a con if they knew what they were doing.

Wages - do not keep in step with the market if you have been there any length of time. People get hired in near the market rate, while senior employees rarely get rewarded. Result, you have to quit to get your market value.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere seems to be no accountability for Managers. The waste happening due to Managers changing direction constantly prevents employees from becoming proficient at anything. Hire managers that actually have experience in the product they are managing so they can understand their employees needs. Everyone wants to be the best they can be, but without management support, it is not happening.

Jack Henry is a great place to work, but difficult to obtain career growth

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat upper management that has great vision for the company while maintaining a frugal approach to spending money on needless programs. Employees are given great benefits and salaries are good, too.

ConsSatellite offices don't always get to join in the fun employee relations that occurs in Monett. Some offices even have their employee relations budgets cut to the bare minimum, but this might be the decision of the satellite office management.

Fraud rep

Fraud Prevention Representative (Current Employee)
Seattle, WA

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time for less than a year

ProsSo far so good. Only been here for a week. Everybody is friendly. Work is not to difficult and pay is pretty good.

ConsShould have more availability for pto

Loving this company

Brentwood, TN

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time for less than a year

ProsCasual work environment, opportunity for remote work, allowed to word independently, extended training period.

ConsMany different work units make the company feel divided. Lack of social interaction in cubical style office.

Wish I had stayed put at my old company

Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGood benefits. Some good employees. There is just not a lot of positive things to say.

ConsLack of opportunity for growth. Most new openings require a lot of travel which is hard to do with a family. Mgmt is lame and uninspiring. There seem to be quite a few zombies who appear to do nothing but roam the halls. Cannot figure out how some of these upper level mgrs got their jobs???

Advice to Senior ManagementClear out the dead weight. Actually get out there and evaluate the efficiency of some of these mgrs.Most are horrible at managing personnel.

Worked for Jack Henry & Associates? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Jack Henry & Associates reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Jack Henry & Associates CEO Jack Prim. All 103 reviews posted anonymously by Jack Henry & Associates employees.