Jack Henry & Associates

Jack Henry & Associates Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Jack Henry & Associates CEO and Director Jack Prim

Jack Prim

Pros
  • Benefits are very good and you truly do have amazing work life balance(in 12 reviews)

• Great Benefits/salary/VERY CASUAL WORK ENVIRONMENT(in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • In more technical jobs the work/life balance is hard(in 5 reviews)

• JHA is a small company, so there is little room for growth(in 6 reviews)

stable company

Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) Austin, TX

Proswork life balance, good benefits

Consbuddy system, no management oversight

Advice to Senior Managementshare information with employees. pay attention to mid management

Good opportunity for internal promotions

ProsEmployees care about making the company better.

ConsMonett Politics are killing creativity

Advice to Senior ManagementListen more to employees outside the mother ship

well...it's a job

Fraud Representative II (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

Prosflexible work arrangements - shift/work from home options. decent benefits, interesting work

Consunder-utilization of best employees, keeping dead weight, lack of advancement in departments, 2 year wait to change departments, mediocre pay. unsupportive/out of touch mid management.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to, and treat well, your top performers before they become so frustrated they leave. quit allowing dead weight to sit on the payroll for years - staff AND management.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great!

ProsGreat work/life balance, opportunities for growth, relaxed atmosphere, and a friendly rapport with management. Their benefits package is great and they are always willing to put you in classes to expand your knowledge

ConsSince starting at Jack Henry, I have no complaints. Compared to others in the industry, this company is tops in my book.

Great Company

Customer Service (Former Employee) Louisville, KY

ProsThe pay is above average for the position, the benefits are wonderful, and the company culture is outstanding.

ConsNot enough recognition for employees that do their job above average. Management within certain facilities are poor managers.

Advice to Senior Managementrecognize employees who do great more advancement opportunities

Love this company!

Withheld (Current Employee) Monett, MO

ProsGreat culture. Supportive of entrepreneurial efforts. Make your career happen based on your goals.

ConsNo bonus incentive program except at executive levels.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove compensation options to help retain A players. Better purging of C players for more effectiveness and efficiency.

Excellent company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsVery strong executive management overall. Every company says they care about customer satisfaction and employee work-life balance. This company lives both, best I've seen in the financial services software industry.

ConsLike their peers/competitors, Jack Henry is largely a combination of companies they've acquired. They do an admirable job of leaving companies alone after acquiring them, but sometimes to a fault. Could take a stronger hand in management sooner after acquisition, and should provide better corporate standards and guidance across divisions and business units.

Advice to Senior ManagementLeverage best of breed across the corporation. Stop protecting a very small number of weak mid-senior managers; act on peer reviews when the evidence is overwhelming.

Great Place to Start but not to Stay for the Long Term

Front End Web Developer (Current Employee) Brentwood, TN

ProsPeople for the most part are great, friendly and helpful. Relaxed dress code and flex hours are a plus. Great place to start your career.

ConsOpportunity for advancement is limited, Salary increases are lacking and pay scale is below average. Training and development is on your own time and dime which is hard with long work hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in industry viable development of associates and work life balance needs to be more than just words but part of the way they benefit the associates.

JHA has a great reputation among customers and employees, now I know why.

ProsGreat on boarding process, organized and efficient. Loads of talented, approachable people. Many opportunities to advance and grow. Established process for teamwork and collaboration. Best benefits package I've seen in 15 years. The CEO spent 45 minutes with us, giving us a history of the company and answering all questions.

The one thing I was most impressed with was finding out that during the recent recession, JHA decided to not lay off a single employee. The company cut expenses and weathered the storm. When the economy started to turn around, JHA possessed a fiercely loyal employee base ready to take care of its customers.

The company truly values its employees and places a heavy emphasis on customer service. Most companies will give lip-service to one or the other. As an employee, it gives me great satisfaction to know that I and everyone around me is working hard to do the right thing each day.

ConsHaving to wait 1 year for ESP plan

You have been warned......

Code Janitor (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsFree parking. Nothing else besides that. (I could say paycheck but the high blood pressure you'll be dealing with daily cancels that out.)

ConsThere is a huge difference between under qualified and NOT qualified. This place should be used as a case study of why a college degree is important. What a freakin disaster. From the top down a true testament of how bad the IT world is getting. Stay far away - you'll thank me......

Advice to Senior ManagementUtterly disgraceful.

Worked for Jack Henry & Associates? Contribute to the Community!