Jack Henry & Associates

Jack Henry & Associates Reviews

Updated Apr 16, 2014

Jack Henry & Associates CEO and Director Jack Prim

Jack Prim

Pros:
  • "Great Benefits/salary/VERY CASUAL WORK ENVIRONMENT"
    in 19 reviews
  • "Every company says they care about customer satisfaction and employee work-life balance"
    in 8 reviews
Cons:
  • "In more technical jobs the work/life balance is hard"
    in 3 reviews
  • "Lack of growth opportunities for virtual or offices outside the main locations (Monett, San Diego and/or Allen)"
    in 4 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great company and culture

Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time for more than 8 years

ProsGreat benefits. Many opportunities for advancement if you are willing to relocate.

ConsThe company is very spread out and comprised of many separate business units. It's tough to know what all the other groups are doing.

Loving this company

Brentwood, TN

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time for less than a year

ProsCasual work environment, opportunity for remote work, allowed to word independently, extended training period.

ConsMany different work units make the company feel divided. Lack of social interaction in cubical style office.

Very disorganized, no one wants to make decisions

Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates as a contractor for less than a year

ProsReasonable pay rate. If you are looking for a place that does not require much effort you found it.

ConsManagers are not technical, ask the same questions repeatedly. Developers are given poor equipment making it hard to be productive. Decisions are either not made or are based on old web based decisions that should not move forward. Too few people in power with no checks and balances. Misuse of Agile development processes, just add up people and hours and pretend they will all work on any part of it. Treating programmers and QA as plug-n-play people. Not training people just tossing C# developers at Objective C and hoping for the best.

The company is solid and makes money but they could make a ton more if it ran with any sort of efficiency. Too many working from home are not productive and know how to play the system. Since the managers work from home too not much thought is given to any of it.

Basically frozen in time.

Advice to Senior ManagementResilo the company. Move QA and business decisions with the programming group. Cut back on working from home. Learn true Agile processes. Upgrade developer equipment. Take a hard look at the direction the company is taking instead of just riding the wave of monthly income.

Run, Don't walk, to the nearest exit

IS ASP Operations Senior Network Administrator (Former Employee)
Lenexa, KS

I worked at Jack Henry & Associates full-time for less than a year

ProsSome folks have been there forever at other locations. Always heard good things, may be a great company out side of Kansas.

ConsDisorganized, work long hours and it's expected on a regular basis. Lots of people leaving in multiple groups in Kansas. Some managers shouldn't be there in management. Manager ruled by intimidation.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet your group managers under control, they are a liability to you from a legal stand point.

Coming to work at Jack Henry was the best decision I ever made. The people the run this company are the best.

Monett, MO

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThis is a great company to work for. Great benefits as well as awesome people to work with

ConsFrom my experience in working with other companies, this one is hands down the best. No complaints here

Great Benefits!!

Technical Support Representative (Former Employee)
San Diego, CA

I worked at Jack Henry & Associates full-time for more than 5 years

ProsJack Henry company has a great benefit package that I believe is one of the best out there

ConsThe cons of working at Symitar/Jack Henry, not enough minorities in upper management!! Promotion and getting other positions is horrible.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome upper management needs to stay in touch with their employees at the Symitar office in San Diego. Too much favoritism.

Typical Corp America

Programmer Analyst (Current Employee)
Monett, MO

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGood PTO Good medical there are opps if you know someone in the company

ConsCompany Growing too fast taking raises away from deserving people good ole boy system.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your military employees better.

Great company, inexperienced leaders.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Allen, TX

I worked at Jack Henry & Associates full-time for more than a year

ProsEnvironment is fast paced, fun and engaging.

ConsSupervisors and Managers have no experience in leadership, coaching or otherwise.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain and assess supervisors and managers to become leaders and coaches.

Behind in Technology

Allen, TX

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time for more than 5 years

ProsExcellent benefits and pretty stable employment

ConsNot flexible with the type of software used. Company stuck on their proprietary language which is procedural, and very slow in the transition to a object oriented language. If you are a software engineer looking to work with an object oriented language, and relational database, stay away from this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop your communication skills. Doing this will help you develop a better relationship, as well as show that you appreciate your employees

Great Benefits

Programmer Analyst (Current Employee)
Springfield, MO

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time for more than a year

ProsBenefits are great; low employee cost for health insurance, 19 days PTO/year, Flexible work schedule and remote work

ConsOffice environment is noisy, close quarters cubicles without sound reduction makes it difficult to concentrate

Worked for Jack Henry & Associates? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Jack Henry & Associates reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Jack Henry & Associates CEO Jack Prim. All 104 reviews posted anonymously by Jack Henry & Associates employees.