Jack Henry & Associates Reviews

176 reviews filtered by
3.6
Jack Henry & Associates CEO and Director Jack Prim
Jack Prim

Pros
  • Benefits are very good and you truly do have amazing work life balance (in 15 reviews)

• flexible work (partial work from home), interesting tasks, fun coworkers (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Data Center Upper Management bows down to application development/management (in 7 reviews)

• Yearly cost of living raises are barely that (in 4 reviews)

Fantastic place to be for anyone seeking a 'career'. Not for "McDonalds mentality" workers.

Current Employee - Senior Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Manager

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits, while could be better, anything could be better. For the cost associated compared to what you get, JHA's benefits are quite good. Flexibility - JHA is extremely flexible with employees with regard to telecommuting or permanent 'remote' status. Competitive - JHA is very competitive in the marketplace in all aspects. While multiple reviews have outlined less benefits and low pay; as a senior manager for the company (but not an executive level manager, to be clear), we have management models and training and we have a model we follow: "C=C" (compensation = contribution). If you work your tail off and 'smarter not harder', find efficiencies and cement yourself (in whatever role you fill) as "the go-to person" which only requires your determination to be excellent, you'll be compensated more than fairly, if not quite well. Advancement - speaking from experience as someone who entered this company ~10 years ago making $30k/yr, I worked my tail off and became that "go to" person and had numerous situations present themselves to me to better myself. I took those opportunities and 10 years later I'm pulling down 6 figures. Gosh, that's horrible. All it took was dedication to providing quality in everything I do and asking a lot (a ton!) of questions. If you settle you'll be unhappy or 'so so' anywhere; challenge process, improve process and product and the sky is the limit. Truly.

Cons

With any larger business there are things behind the scenes that govern direction, movement, and decisions. Of course the almighty dollar drives many of those; good, bad, or indifferent. As such, sometimes what the management levels see and convey differs greatly from what the people in the trenches see/feel/want and that can, and often does, lead to a tug & pull with the end result being the front-line staff feel overworked/pressured while the the executive levels are trying very hard to ensure that the company turns profits and high margins for our shareholders and customers. Some years we are able to relax on that a tad over other years, depending upon the market, but from sitting in both management and front-line roles within the company I have a pretty good view on what's happening, and why, and it makes sense. Show me a company that doesn't have this problem and I'll show you a company that's destined to fail.

Continue to lead the company into the future with innovation without losing sight of who we are as a culture/company, our founders, and why we are who we are. Continue to be open-minded about areas for change and really weigh the need for change and effort to get there to the cost (in hard cost and resource time) to get there; sometimes we make changes for the better with our hearts in the right place but the end result feels more like busy work without a lot of bang for the buck at the finish line. Overall, great job.

2. Stable company but with has a few internal problems

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Very stable and you can count on getting off work on time week after week. Rarely have weekends interrupted for work related issues.

A lot of freedom given in how you work and solve problems, do your job correctly and no one breathes down your neck about how you do it.

Very fair with raises and compensation. Get your work done and you get rewarded when reviews come around.

Cons

Paid Time Off policy leaves a lot to be desired especially if less than 5 years with the company.

Management seems to change direction a lot leading to the feeling like your not making any progress.

The Pro I listed about freedom in how you solve problems is somewhat reversed by some of the senior development management and groups in Monett as they like to tell you how and what you can use to make your software. While they may provide a solution to how to solve your problem its never the optimal way to do it and they force it anyway. It can be frustrating as these groups stand upon their ivory tower tossing down solutions when they don't fully understand the problems. Leads to a lot of wasted time solving simple problems.

Job Title advancement gets blocked indiscriminately for an entire office, despite that there are people who deserve a promotion.

Improve the time off policy.

Have the IDG/EAG development groups provide solutions and not problems. My advice to these groups would be to start interviewing the people consuming their products and improving them based on comments. As of now they seem like they are interested in input on how their products work. If they make programming even harder and slow it down for others in the company then what is the purpose of them?

3. Great Place to work but company needs to invest in training employees properly to avoid large turnover rate

Current Contractor - QA Analyst
    Current Contractor - QA Analyst

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Great work environment. Great work life balance

Cons

No training or support provided must hit the ground running and figure things out on their own. I would only recommend this position if you are a very advanced senior level tester. Very High turnover rate.

Need to provide proper training to employees in order for them to be able to do their job properly.

Flexible but advancement opportunities are rare

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible hours, lots of time off, fun environment. Overall leadership is strong.

Cons

Advancement opportunities are rare. Middle management is incompetent. Raises are small. Higher education does not increase pay.

Solid company for the long run.

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of opportunities in the company. JHA is ran very well and have successfully led the company through some very difficult hard times within the financial industry, and all without any layoffs. Benefits are well above average and the PTO program is really good.

Cons

Work-life balanced is encouraged, but like most companies you are not actually able to execute the balance due to the workload or travel that is required to complete projects or tasks.

7. THE WORST and most disorganized management I have EVER worked for!

Current Employee - Item Processor II in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Item Processor II in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates

Pros

The benefits are good and coworkers are okay. The work is very simple for the pay.

Cons

Management is very disorganized and very unprofessional. Management does not make sound decisions based on business needs but are based on how the manager feels. Favoritism occurs alot!

Decisions should be based on what the business needs are at that moment and for future reference. Stop wearing your feelings on your sleeves! That's a good way to make dumb decisions!

8. Great company adjusting to explosive growth

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates

Pros

The leadership does have a commitment to their clients.

Cons

the bank software business is stressful

The last interview you'll ever have, unless you run away screaming.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Allen, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Allen, TX

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Longevity is almost guaranteed if you perform to expectations. Work-life balance is good. Compensation is middle of the road--not the best or worst.

Cons

New employee on-boarding is mind numbing--way too much material to absorb. The One Company policy is a joke, but not in a good way. Raises are small and infrequent.

Great culture and career opportunities! You won't find a better company to work for in the Ozarks for sure!

Current Employee - Manager in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Manager in Springfield, MO

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The JHA culture is second to none
    Most people here really care and want to help you and the customers
    Lots of new opportunities for advancement when starting out
    Most of the management truly cares about the employees and encourage work life balance
    Generous benefits and competitive salaries

Cons

As we have grown it has been difficult to integrate some new acquisitions into our culture
    We are in a highly regulated industry so it can feel like a lot of red tape at times

Stick to the Core Values that have made the employees happy and the company successful!

Fraud Analyst, worked on credit cards that potentially had fraud occurring on them.

Former Employee - Fraud Analyst in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Fraud Analyst in Houston, TX

I worked at Jack Henry & Associates full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The have great, fully paid health benefits. Always enjoyed my co workers. They were a secure company, no concerns of losing your job.

Cons

The hours were rough, the Fraud Dept works shift work hours. Managers were not friendly with those who have kids, it was frowned upon when I had to go on bed rest.

Be more open to your employees needs. Recognize when you have a valuable employee that should maybe be promoted to a more leadership position.

Jack Henry & Associates Photos