Jack Henry & Associates Reviews

Reset
3.7
Jack Henry & Associates CEO and Director Jack Prim
Jack Prim

Pros
  • My manager puts a lot of emphasis on proper work-life balance (in 15 reviews)

• Given laptop to work from home if needed (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • It has to come down from upper management (in 7 reviews)

• Barely cost of living adjustments really (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Good company with a great culture

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been with JHA over a year, and I can honestly say this is a very good company. One's personal experience may vary depending on the department in which you work and the person who is supervising said department... But that is the struggle of any large company. From a corporate viewpoint, I feel like I am valued and respected. I don't feel like upper management is out for their own purposes with no regard for those of us on the front-lines. I feel like they understand we are the ones making customers happy and ensuring JHA's products work on a daily basis. And that goes a long way in making me happy at work.

Cons

The pay is a little low. I took a small cut in pay from my last job when I was hired. But I would do it again. The workplace environment in my previous job was terrible in comparison. I feel compensated in ways beyond money-- like work/life balance, respect, and independence. I think one would be hard-pressed to find a company that does a better job than JHA at providing a well-rounded environment with all things considered. You may be able to find places doing just as well (there are some good companies out there!), but I think it would be tough to find someone doing much better. (Apart from your iconic workplaces like Google, etc). To reiterate, the experience is individualized and depends largely on your department and supervisor. But JHA allows movement inside the company to find your best fit. And my supervisor will not be in the same place forever, either. It is better to work for a good company and a not-so-great boss than to work for a crummy company and have a great boss. The company is larger than the man or woman for whom you work. It is also larger than your department.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Maybe provide some mandatory training for supervisors to help have more consistency in middle-management.

2. Great work-life balance, flexibility, salary

Current Employee - Marketing Communications Specialist in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Marketing Communications Specialist in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates (Less than a year)

Pros

- Relaxed telecommuting policy - Very competitive vacation/PTO accrual - Excellent benefits package: medical, dental, vision, 401k, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan (ESPP), education assistance, disability, etc. - Casual dresscode - Open work environment/atmosphere - Opportunities for career growth and a clear path to promotions - Competitive salary

Cons

There's a lot of upper management - I have two managers (my manager and then my manager's manager), but I know of people outside of my department who have three to four - that's just a lot of people to report to.

Advice to Management

Simplify and streamline the path to reporting to managers, directors, supervisors, etc. Otherwise, keep doing what you're doing!

Great place to work

Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Monett, MO
    Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Monett, MO

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits, competitive salary, flexible work arrangements. I have been working for the company for a while and it has been very nice.

Cons

I would like to see more promotions within my group. I have asked for it, and was given instructions of what to accomplish but still did not get the promotion or was told I need to accomplish more things.

Advice to Management

Provide straight forward path to promotion. Give us a goal to work towards.

big slow moving bueracratic software company with great benefits

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineering Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineering Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Jack Henry & Associates

Pros

great benefits and work life balance

Cons

slow moving, resistent to change

Advice to Management

innovate

Credit Analyst

Current Employee - Credit Analyst in Allen, TX
    Current Employee - Credit Analyst in Allen, TX

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You can wear jeans and tennis shoes everyday. When we have visitors you have to dress business casual. Very stable company where you don't have to worry about being laid-off.

Cons

Salary is below market. Advancement opportunities are based on who you know and not what you know.

Advice to Management

When surveys are conducted take the opportunity to to let the employees know not only the results of the findings but also the actions, if any that will be taken to change the situations.

Jack Henry - New Executives/management changed everything.

Former Employee - Senior Software Developer in Lenexa, KS
    Former Employee - Senior Software Developer in Lenexa, KS

I worked at Jack Henry & Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent Benefits. Good 401K matching. Great PTO accrual. Casual dress code Working from home isn't an issue.

Cons

New executives hired and replaced many managers with their own. Company went from having a positive feel to one of frustration, fear, and gossip. I don't believe the company can claim it's mission statement. Company seems to have shifted towards profits and rushed projects from the work place and it's employees. Supervisors, Managers/upper Mgmt, lacking confrontational skills when needed. Lately high turnover The most talented people in the company have quit since the arrival of new Executives and Management staff.

Advice to Management

Place those in management positions who truly have management skills and not just a certain amount of years at the company. No matter the issue or situation, please listen to everyone involved with a clear mind. Friendships between the Managers and Employees have caused several issues the main one is when the truth isn't being told- but it is believed. I would also say fight the power for all of you who were there before team NC took over. Too much damage has been caused.

8. Great company!

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates

Pros

Great team of people to work with across the company. Flexible work hours/remote for some. Casual environment.. CEO is down to earth and approachable which is refreshing.

Cons

The only con I've encountered is lack of opportunity to grow in the company. Would like to see more employee promotions or career paths.

9. Great things at JHA.....

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates

Pros

Work/life balance is the biggest benefit for me. Being a mother of smaller children, I am able to be with them when needed and still perform my best at work. It allows me to focus on my job and not have the stress or worry if my kids need me for something. The benefits package is also a big plus for me. With the cost of insurance at most companies, JHA does a great job at keeping our costs low and affordable.

Cons

Nothing that I have experienced.

Advice to Management

Keep thinking about your employees and they will do the same for you.

10. Director

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time

Pros

Jack Henry is an awesome place to work. Very good culture. Very strong company.

Cons

No real downsides. No place is perfect.

Advice to Management

None.

11. Awesome company

Current Employee - Technical Support Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Technical Support Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefits, good salaries, they are a large corporation who acts like the small town company they used to be.

Cons

The hiring process is very lengthy and takes forever to hear anything and or get an interview.

RSS Feed </> Embed