Jack Henry & Associates Reviews

Reset
3.8
Jack Henry & Associates CEO and Director Jack Prim
Jack Prim

Pros
  • My manager puts a lot of emphasis on proper work-life balance (in 15 reviews)

• Given laptop to work from home if needed (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • It has to come down from upper management (in 7 reviews)

• Barely cost of living adjustments really (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Good company with a great culture

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been with JHA over a year, and I can honestly say this is a very good company. One's personal experience may vary depending on the department in which you work and the person who is supervising said department... But that is the struggle of any large company. From a corporate viewpoint, I feel like I am valued and respected. I don't feel like upper management is out for their own purposes with no regard for those of us on the front-lines. I feel like they understand we are the ones making customers happy and ensuring JHA's products work on a daily basis. And that goes a long way in making me happy at work.

Cons

The pay is a little low. I took a small cut in pay from my last job when I was hired. But I would do it again. The workplace environment in my previous job was terrible in comparison. I feel compensated in ways beyond money-- like work/life balance, respect, and independence. I think one would be hard-pressed to find a company that does a better job than JHA at providing a well-rounded environment with all things considered. You may be able to find places doing just as well (there are some good companies out there!), but I think it would be tough to find someone doing much better. (Apart from your iconic workplaces like Google, etc). To reiterate, the experience is individualized and depends largely on your department and supervisor. But JHA allows movement inside the company to find your best fit. And my supervisor will not be in the same place forever, either. It is better to work for a good company and a not-so-great boss than to work for a crummy company and have a great boss. The company is larger than the man or woman for whom you work. It is also larger than your department.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Maybe provide some mandatory training for supervisors to help have more consistency in middle-management.

2. Sales Support

Current Employee - Contractor in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Contractor in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates (Less than a year)

Pros

Very good employer, solid company

Cons

Not many positions in the Charlotte area

3. Great place to work.

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time

Pros

Very nice people, great environment, good job experience. Great benefits also.

Cons

Pay is a little low.

5. Good Workplace

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The work/life balance has been great. Management is mostly reasonable and willing to listen to employees. An office is what it is, but for what it is, the general atmosphere is a positive one.

Cons

Like many office settings, a touch of favoritism is present among supervisors and managers.

6. Sr. Manager

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Flexible work schedule (working from home options for some jobs.) Work-Life Balance. They give you the tools to get your job done. Culture

Cons

Every job has cons...this one is no exception; but the pro's far, far exceed the cons.

Great company

Current Employee - Manager in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Manager in Springfield, MO

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The culture is like that of a family, and management seems to genuinely care.

Cons

Not a lot of advancement opportunities outside of the state of Missouri.

Advice to Management

Keep moving toward progressive ideas.

8. Just OK

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Monett, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Monett, MO

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Tons of Technical and Business opportunities - Company tends to incorporate new technology quickly - Depending of your role you will make a lot of external Business relationships - Very Fast Paced (this can be exciting at times) - The CORE values are very encouraging (however management doesn't appear to care about those very CORE values)

Cons

- Not enough diversity in staff or management - Work, Life, Balance seems to be viewed as a negative - CORE values seem to be just words on the wall - Hours and work demands can be stressful - Managers seem to be in their own world - Reviews are not based on your total body of work

Advice to Management

Getting to know your staff and their goals will help JHA as a whole retain top talent. There is a disconnect between the various groups; each entity seems like its own small business which doesn't promote collaboration. Don't be afraid to recruit and promote employees across different ethnic groups, especially in those cities that tend to be more diverse.

9. Great work-life balance, flexibility, salary

Current Employee - Marketing Communications Specialist in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Marketing Communications Specialist in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates (Less than a year)

Pros

- Relaxed telecommuting policy - Very competitive vacation/PTO accrual - Excellent benefits package: medical, dental, vision, 401k, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan (ESPP), education assistance, disability, etc. - Casual dresscode - Open work environment/atmosphere - Opportunities for career growth and a clear path to promotions - Competitive salary

Cons

There's a lot of upper management - I have two managers (my manager and then my manager's manager), but I know of people outside of my department who have three to four - that's just a lot of people to report to.

Advice to Management

Simplify and streamline the path to reporting to managers, directors, supervisors, etc. Otherwise, keep doing what you're doing!

10. As a whole just okay

Current Employee - Advanced Credit Analyst in Allen, TX
    Current Employee - Advanced Credit Analyst in Allen, TX

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great employee appreciation events Great discounts for sporting events Allows some employees to telecommute

Cons

Low salaries compared to similar companies Terrible training for managers No room for advancement Make employees apply for positions in order to get some promotions There are no standards set up for employees to measure performance High turnover

Advice to Management

They need to seriously work on training programs for management. The turnover is unbelievable.

11. Info

Current Employee - Manager - Consulting Services in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Manager - Consulting Services in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Decent comp; good benefits' great vacation

Cons

shrinking industry; difficult to continue growing revenue

Advice to Management

not enough internal career opportunities

RSS Feed </> Embed