Jack Henry & Associates

Jack Henry & Associates Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2014

Jack Henry & Associates CEO and Director Jack Prim

Jack Prim

Pros
  • Benefits are very good and you truly do have amazing work life balance (in 13 reviews)

• Great Benefits/salary/VERY CASUAL WORK ENVIRONMENT (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • In more technical jobs the work/life balance is hard (in 5 reviews)

• Career growth opportunities within management isn't as expansive as I originally thought it'd be (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Great place to work!

Systems/Network Administrator (Current Employee)

ProsPlenty of opportunities for training and growth. They live by their motto Do The Right Thing, Do What it Takes and Have Fun. One of the Top 100 Places to Work.

ConsAlways more stuff to do than you have time for. Headcount and load are always in need of balancing. Some people end up working all the time (after hours).

Unmatched Corporate Culture and Limitless Opportunity for those willing to Work Hard

Solutions Specialist (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsI absolutely love the corporate culture and values that JHA represents. I have so much pride in our way of doing business - Do the Right Thing, Do Whatever it Takes, and Have Fun. The benefits are stellar, and the opportunities for advancement are amazing. I could never have imagined the opportunities I've been given during my tenure with JHA many years ago when I joined the team.

ConsWith our phenomenal growth through the years, we have sometimes struggled to speak with one voice, particularly following acquisitions. I believe our executive management still works on unifying our front and communicating and disseminating our corporate culture out to newly acquired employees and newly hired employees. I think our unique culture is our single biggest differentiation, so it is critical that we all share this as a common value and language.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing! Love, love, love JHA.

Great company

ProsMy manager puts a lot of emphasis on proper work-life balance. Benefits are good. I am given a lot of freedom to make the job what I want it to be. Ideas are heard and seriously considered.

ConsGrowth opportunities are limited, especially in my area of the company. Management can be overly conservative on some issues. There isn't as much synergy within different divisions of the company as there could be. For a company that is primarily technology oriented, it can be a bit backward technologically. I think a big part of that is dealing with the challenges of maintaining a secure environment with a company that has 5000+ employees spread over the entire U.S. Pretty much anything that is cloud-based is forbidden, so useful tools like Evernote and Dropbox are not allowed.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Excellent Career Opportunities IF you are willing to work for them!!!!

Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) Monett, MO

ProsThe company is a tremendous company to work for. They truly care about their employees and their goals. The one thing that really stands out to me is the fact that when a lot of our competitors were laying people off a few years ago because of the economic down turn Jack Henry didn't. we all had to tighten the belt some but it is better than having no belt to tighten. The benefits are great and some of the best in the industry. You can advance if you are willing to work. Promotions opportunities come to those who work for them. The majority of all our management team has been here several years and so it gives hope that you can advance into roles as your knowledge advances and the need arises.

ConsThere are no real cons that I can think of.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the course. Remember the greatest asset we have is the people. We can have a great product but if we do not have the great people that we have supporting us it is all useless.

A great opportunity

Analyst (Current Employee)

ProsThe location I'm at is ok. There are a few great people there who work really hard. But there are some who take advantage.

ConsNot much room for growth unless someone leaves or you move out of state. Some managers really need to be placed somewhere else. They allow employees to take advantage by letting them not come to work for whatever reason with no repercussions.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere are certain people who should not be in a management position because these people do not know how to manage their employees.

Great company to work for

Systems/Network Administrator (Current Employee) Alpharetta, GA

ProsFlexible with working from home. Competitive salary. Motto includes Have Fun which JHA def knows how to do. Great place to work.

ConsDepending on what area you work in you could have to travel a lot and work late hours. Nothing else i can think of.

Great place to work and grow your career.

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Springfield, MO

ProsManagement is family friendly
    Benefits such as health insurance, 401k, EPSPP, PTO
    Salary
    Work remote flexibility
    I have found that if you want to grow your career you can with JHA. They will help pay for college if you choose to go back. They also have internal job postings to help further your career.

ConsI don't see any. As long as you are willing to push your self you will grow with the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the family friendly work environment and work to promote employees under you.

Great place to work

ProsRecognized as a great company in the industry, to clients and employees alike.
    Benefits and PTO plan are fantastic.
    Peers are good people and enjoyable to work with.
    Company strives for "community" approach to work environment.
    Interesting clients/work to keep busy.
    Flexible work arrangements.

ConsLimited growth opportunities.
    No career path or development plan from management.
    Direct compensation can be lacking when compared to industry.
    Potential for blatant favoritism.

Advice to Senior ManagementCareer path development and hope of growth would go a long way to help employees achieve a true sense of ownership in the company and their respective stake in it.

Recruiters Must Be Posting These 'GREAT Reviews'

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsBenefits are very cheap. Jeans are acceptable. Given laptop to work from home if needed.

ConsPay, skills and experience gained throughout career is usless here, bait and switch review matches to the T, and lowest paid in industry. Seek out top employees and place them in a support role, promotions based off how long you have been with the company rather than experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompany makes millions of dollars per quarter as published to the public, why is the company paying the employees so low?

Nice people, poor management

Senior Software Developer (Former Employee) Elizabethtown, KY

ProsThere are good people in the office. They tend to try and use the latest technology. Office culture is fairly laid back. They have regular events like field days and office "mini" parties.

ConsThe management here will not give you a straight answer. They make promises and then take their time delivering them, if ever. They will tell you one thing, then be actively working against you at the same time behind your back.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe honest to your employees. If there is something wrong, don't just assume they will figure it out on their own and hope it gets better. Don't tell them there's a hiring freeze while listing their position on the web sites before they are even gone!

Worked for Jack Henry & Associates? Contribute to the Community!