Jack Henry & Associates Reviews

Reset
3.7
Jack Henry & Associates CEO and Director Jack Prim
Jack Prim

Pros
  • My manager puts a lot of emphasis on proper work-life balance (in 15 reviews)

• Given laptop to work from home if needed (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • It has to come down from upper management (in 7 reviews)

• Barely cost of living adjustments really (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Good company with a great culture

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been with JHA over a year, and I can honestly say this is a very good company. One's personal experience may vary depending on the department in which you work and the person who is supervising said department... But that is the struggle of any large company. From a corporate viewpoint, I feel like I am valued and respected. I don't feel like upper management is out for their own purposes with no regard for those of us on the front-lines. I feel like they understand we are the ones making customers happy and ensuring JHA's products work on a daily basis. And that goes a long way in making me happy at work.

Cons

The pay is a little low. I took a small cut in pay from my last job when I was hired. But I would do it again. The workplace environment in my previous job was terrible in comparison. I feel compensated in ways beyond money-- like work/life balance, respect, and independence. I think one would be hard-pressed to find a company that does a better job than JHA at providing a well-rounded environment with all things considered. You may be able to find places doing just as well (there are some good companies out there!), but I think it would be tough to find someone doing much better. (Apart from your iconic workplaces like Google, etc).

To reiterate, the experience is individualized and depends largely on your department and supervisor. But JHA allows movement inside the company to find your best fit. And my supervisor will not be in the same place forever, either. It is better to work for a good company and a not-so-great boss than to work for a crummy company and have a great boss. The company is larger than the man or woman for whom you work. It is also larger than your department.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Maybe provide some mandatory training for supervisors to help have more consistency in middle-management.

2. Great things at JHA.....

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates

Pros

Work/life balance is the biggest benefit for me. Being a mother of smaller children, I am able to be with them when needed and still perform my best at work. It allows me to focus on my job and not have the stress or worry if my kids need me for something. The benefits package is also a big plus for me. With the cost of insurance at most companies, JHA does a great job at keeping our costs low and affordable.

Cons

Nothing that I have experienced.

Advice to Management

Keep thinking about your employees and they will do the same for you.

3. Director

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time

Pros

Jack Henry is an awesome place to work. Very good culture. Very strong company.

Cons

No real downsides. No place is perfect.

Advice to Management

None.

5. Awesome company

Current Employee - Technical Support Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Technical Support Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefits, good salaries, they are a large corporation who acts like the small town company they used to be.

Cons

The hiring process is very lengthy and takes forever to hear anything and or get an interview.

6. Product Manager

Current Employee - Advanced Product Manager in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Advanced Product Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Rarely ever had to work overtime. Very little travel.The company strives to provide the best customer support possible and the support team they have is hard working, intelligent and helpful. The operations side of the company is a good place to work.

Cons

Product Delivery is a mess, completely dis-functional. Terrible morale. Developers and business people are at odds. Constantly changing procedures and reporting structures. They keep bring in new managers that are worse than the last ones.

7. Programmer Review

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Easy, great to learn from

Cons

Lower Pay, Proprietary Language, Company doesn't' seem to want to stay with the times

8. Analysts

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates

Pros

Good environment good opportunities flexible schedule

Cons

Don't have any there's nothing that comes to mind

9. Awesome Company to work for

I worked at Jack Henry & Associates

Pros

JHA is committed to the development of their staff and has a great customer service focus. Family friendly and easy to work for.

Cons

Headquarters is remotely located but offices are all over the US.

10. Profitstars Review

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I worked at Jack Henry & Associates full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

- Good Benefits
    - Flexible work schedule (telecommuting option for some positions)
    - Great co-workers

Cons

- Profitstars company is very silo'd - departments don't work well with one another
    - Management is out of touch with what is really going on with front-line employees & not eager to help resolve issues
    - No company cohesiveness anymore - they used to hold quarterly office meetings so the whole company knew what was going on with other departments, rarely do they hold an annual meeting anymore
    - Upper management only cares about budget - stretches the staff thin and makes them take on extra workload
    - Moral is very LOW compared to years ago
    - Product is outdated and very 'archaic' compared to competitors - they are currently going through a multi-year project to update it, but they can rarely hit deadlines
    - Releases that are put out to clients are late & 'buggy' with lots of issues
    - Huge culture shift at Profitstar compared to when they were privately-owned versus owned by Jack Henry
    - Lack of emphasis on client retention - customers do not come first anymore in the Support area

Advice to Management

- Management in the Omaha office needs to be shaken up. They are out of touch and out of reality with the real issues that are going on in the office. Either they don't care to get involved and fix the issues, or they are completely oblivious to them. Upper management in JHA needs to step-in and take a look at the deeper issues within the Omaha office.

11. Great Company to work for.

Current Employee - Applications Analyst in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Applications Analyst in Springfield, MO

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates (More than a year)

Pros

Jack Henry offers great benefits annual reviews and raises. If you don't like your current salary or position you see regular opportunities for promotion. Our CEO and Executives regularly visit campuses and update us in employee meetings which is a great motivator. Most all of the upper management have worked there way up from the ground floor of the company. It just shows if you do the right thing it's rewarding for all.

Cons

I can not currently think of anything.

RSS Feed </> Embed