Jack Henry & Associates Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
Jack Henry & Associates CEO and Director Jack Prim
Jack Prim

Pros
  • My manager puts a lot of emphasis on proper work-life balance (in 15 reviews)

• Given laptop to work from home if needed (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • It has to come down from upper management (in 7 reviews)

• Barely cost of living adjustments really (in 4 reviews)

1. Just OK

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Monett, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Monett, MO

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Tons of Technical and Business opportunities - Company tends to incorporate new technology quickly - Depending of your role you will make a lot of external Business relationships - Very Fast Paced (this can be exciting at times) - The CORE values are very encouraging (however management doesn't appear to care about those very CORE values)

Cons

- Not enough diversity in staff or management - Work, Life, Balance seems to be viewed as a negative - CORE values seem to be just words on the wall - Hours and work demands can be stressful - Managers seem to be in their own world - Reviews are not based on your total body of work

Advice to Management

Getting to know your staff and their goals will help JHA as a whole retain top talent. There is a disconnect between the various groups; each entity seems like its own small business which doesn't promote collaboration. Don't be afraid to recruit and promote employees across different ethnic groups, especially in those cities that tend to be more diverse.

2. Info

Current Employee - Manager - Consulting Services in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Manager - Consulting Services in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Decent comp; good benefits' great vacation

Cons

shrinking industry; difficult to continue growing revenue

Advice to Management

not enough internal career opportunities

Credit Analyst

Current Employee - Credit Analyst in Allen, TX
    Current Employee - Credit Analyst in Allen, TX

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You can wear jeans and tennis shoes everyday. When we have visitors you have to dress business casual. Very stable company where you don't have to worry about being laid-off.

Cons

Salary is below market. Advancement opportunities are based on who you know and not what you know.

Advice to Management

When surveys are conducted take the opportunity to to let the employees know not only the results of the findings but also the actions, if any that will be taken to change the situations.

big slow moving bueracratic software company with great benefits

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineering Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineering Manager in Atlanta, GA

Pros

great benefits and work life balance

Cons

slow moving, resistent to change

Advice to Management

innovate

6. Profitstars Review

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I worked at Jack Henry & Associates full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

- Good Benefits - Flexible work schedule (telecommuting option for some positions) - Great co-workers

Cons

- Profitstars company is very silo'd - departments don't work well with one another - Management is out of touch with what is really going on with front-line employees & not eager to help resolve issues - No company cohesiveness anymore - they used to hold quarterly office meetings so the whole company knew what was going on with other departments, rarely do they hold an annual meeting anymore - Upper management only cares about budget - stretches the staff thin and makes them take on extra workload - Moral is very LOW compared to years ago - Product is outdated and very 'archaic' compared to competitors - they are currently going through a multi-year project to update it, but they can rarely hit deadlines - Releases that are put out to clients are late & 'buggy' with lots of issues - Huge culture shift at Profitstar compared to when they were privately-owned versus owned by Jack Henry - Lack of emphasis on client retention - customers do not come first anymore in the Support area

Advice to Management

- Management in the Omaha office needs to be shaken up. They are out of touch and out of reality with the real issues that are going on in the office. Either they don't care to get involved and fix the issues, or they are completely oblivious to them. Upper management in JHA needs to step-in and take a look at the deeper issues within the Omaha office.

It's OK

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Benefits are all right, not great but not terrible either. Relaxed atmosphere. Great coworkers. A descent job that's close to my home town. Ability to work remote.

Cons

Pay is low. Advancement is impossible. Decisions are frequently made by upper management that vastly affect us or our products with no input from us. Expectations that you are available 24/7. Higher education gets you nothing except for more student loan payments. I have a graduate degree in my field and I can't even get an interview for internal positions. Rarely they give out bonuses and when they do you can just about guarantee raises will be lower to compensate for the bonus. Which in the long run saves the company money but gets me no where.

Advice to Management

I really do like this company, I read a few reviews about terrible management but I personally haven't experienced that. Currently there is not a talent retention and advancement policy that I am aware of, heck I can't even inform JHA that my education level has changed since I started here many years ago so even if you were looking for internal candidates you wouldn't be able to find them unless they applied for the posting and then again get an interview. This company irritates me because when I started things were a lot different. Now JHA holds no advantage over any othe mid-sized IT company. I have considered leaving on numerous occasions but stayed. I tell myself that JHA is safe but in the end it's just a trap to keep me here. I am on the edge of being ready to move on even if it means I'll have to relocate. There are others in my same position with less or more personal responsibilities too. I would love to stay but I doubt things will get any better. I would recommend working on the 3% raises first, if I hear that I got a 3% raise after scoring > 4 I'm gonna probably apply for any available position within th US and see what happens.

8. Great Place to work but company needs to invest in training employees properly to avoid large turnover rate

Current Contractor - QA Analyst
    Current Contractor - QA Analyst

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work environment. Great work life balance

Cons

No training or support provided must hit the ground running and figure things out on their own. I would only recommend this position if you are a very advanced senior level tester. Very High turnover rate.

Advice to Management

Need to provide proper training to employees in order for them to be able to do their job properly.

The last interview you'll ever have, unless you run away screaming.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Allen, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Allen, TX

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Longevity is almost guaranteed if you perform to expectations. Work-life balance is good. Compensation is middle of the road--not the best or worst.

Cons

New employee on-boarding is mind numbing--way too much material to absorb. The One Company policy is a joke, but not in a good way. Raises are small and infrequent.

Fraud Analyst, worked on credit cards that potentially had fraud occurring on them.

Former Employee - Fraud Analyst in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Fraud Analyst in Houston, TX

I worked at Jack Henry & Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The have great, fully paid health benefits. Always enjoyed my co workers. They were a secure company, no concerns of losing your job.

Cons

The hours were rough, the Fraud Dept works shift work hours. Managers were not friendly with those who have kids, it was frowned upon when I had to go on bed rest.

Advice to Management

Be more open to your employees needs. Recognize when you have a valuable employee that should maybe be promoted to a more leadership position.

Decent company with growth issues

Former Employee - Information Security Engineer in Lenexa, KS
    Former Employee - Information Security Engineer in Lenexa, KS

Pros

Good feeling of community, good benefits, challenging work, good opportunities for training

Cons

Lots of extra-hours work expected, salaries are not competitive, very few opportunities for career advancement

Advice to Management

Meet with the employees at the lower levels (not just the managers) and find out what they really need.

RSS Feed </> Embed