Jack Henry & Associates

Updated August 17, 2014

3.6

Jack Henry & Associates CEO and Director Jack Prim
Jack Prim

Pros
  • Benefits are very good and you truly do have amazing work life balance (in 13 reviews)

• Great Benefits/salary/VERY CASUAL WORK ENVIRONMENT (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • In more technical jobs the work/life balance is hard (in 5 reviews)

• Career growth opportunities within management isn't as expansive as I originally thought it'd be (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

I LOVE WORKING HERE!

Pros

Many of the Pros are going to pertain specific to my job. Flexible hours, ability to work from home, extremely competitive salary, great team to work with/on, and excellent leadership in management.

Cons

I have been with JHA for over a year now and loved every minute of it. I know it doesn't sound possible, but there are no drawbacks.

I am well compensated for my position - and get 19 days off a year + all federal holidays. I personally wouldn't mind the responsibility of management or being promoted, but am very happy where I currently am and when my time comes I will be patiently waiting.

Unmatched Corporate Culture and Limitless Opportunity for those willing to Work Hard

Current Employee - Solutions Specialist  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Solutions Specialist in Denver, CO

Pros

I absolutely love the corporate culture and values that JHA represents. I have so much pride in our way of doing business - Do the Right Thing, Do Whatever it Takes, and Have Fun. The benefits are stellar, and the opportunities for advancement are amazing. I could never have imagined the opportunities I've been given during my tenure with JHA many years ago when I joined the team.

Cons

With our phenomenal growth through the years, we have sometimes struggled to speak with one voice, particularly following acquisitions. I believe our executive management still works on unifying our front and communicating and disseminating our corporate culture out to newly acquired employees and newly hired employees. I think our unique culture is our single biggest differentiation, so it is critical that we all share this as a common value and language.

Keep doing what you are doing! Love, love, love JHA.

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Systems/Network Administrator
    Current Employee - Systems/Network Administrator

Pros

Plenty of opportunities for training and growth. They live by their motto Do The Right Thing, Do What it Takes and Have Fun. One of the Top 100 Places to Work.

Cons

Always more stuff to do than you have time for. Headcount and load are always in need of balancing. Some people end up working all the time (after hours).

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Excellent Career Opportunities IF you are willing to work for them!!!!

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter  in  Monett, MO
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Monett, MO

Pros

The company is a tremendous company to work for. They truly care about their employees and their goals. The one thing that really stands out to me is the fact that when a lot of our competitors were laying people off a few years ago because of the economic down turn Jack Henry didn't. we all had to tighten the belt some but it is better than having no belt to tighten. The benefits are great and some of the best in the industry. You can advance if you are willing to work. Promotions opportunities come to those who work for them. The majority of all our management team has been here several years and so it gives hope that you can advance into roles as your knowledge advances and the need arises.

Cons

There are no real cons that I can think of.

Keep the course. Remember the greatest asset we have is the people. We can have a great product but if we do not have the great people that we have supporting us it is all useless.

Great company

Pros

My manager puts a lot of emphasis on proper work-life balance. Benefits are good. I am given a lot of freedom to make the job what I want it to be. Ideas are heard and seriously considered.

Cons

Growth opportunities are limited, especially in my area of the company. Management can be overly conservative on some issues. There isn't as much synergy within different divisions of the company as there could be. For a company that is primarily technology oriented, it can be a bit backward technologically. I think a big part of that is dealing with the challenges of maintaining a secure environment with a company that has 5000+ employees spread over the entire U.S. Pretty much anything that is cloud-based is forbidden, so useful tools like Evernote and Dropbox are not allowed.

Great place to work and grow your career.

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Springfield, MO

Pros

Management is family friendly
    Benefits such as health insurance, 401k, EPSPP, PTO
    Salary
    Work remote flexibility
    I have found that if you want to grow your career you can with JHA. They will help pay for college if you choose to go back. They also have internal job postings to help further your career.

Cons

I don't see any. As long as you are willing to push your self you will grow with the company.

Keep the family friendly work environment and work to promote employees under you.

Great company to work for

Current Employee - Systems/Network Administrator  in  Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Systems/Network Administrator in Alpharetta, GA

Pros

Flexible with working from home. Competitive salary. Motto includes Have Fun which JHA def knows how to do. Great place to work.

Cons

Depending on what area you work in you could have to travel a lot and work late hours. Nothing else i can think of.

Awesome!

Current Employee - Manager  in  Allen, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Allen, TX

Pros

Recognized for great customer service, benefits, great culture, strong financials. Good work/life balance. Wear shorts all summer long for $60 to support charities! JHA has Community Service Groups in many of their 40+ locations across the country supporting a variety of great causes.

Cons

The company will do it's part to help you succeed but if you don't contribute, you don't want to learn and grow, you aren't a team player...you won't like it here. JHA has a strong progressive discipline process and if you aren't cutting it, become stagnant, you won't be around for long.

Managers need to take advantage of training that is available. Some manage differently than others, which is okay, but they should know and follow consistently the policies/procedures/core values. Training opportunities are available but unfortunately some feel they don't need it, don't have time, don't want it, don't agree...whatever the reason...get over it and learn!

JHA is a Great Place To Work!

Current Employee - Recruiting Sourcer  in  Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Recruiting Sourcer in Springfield, MO

Pros

Work life balance is good, ability to work remotely, benefits. JHA strives to be competitive in all areas of compensation. Management desires to help you progress in your career. The company is constantly trying improve processes to become more efficient and find the best possible employees.

Cons

Changes and growth always have some growing pains, but JHA is working through those pretty quickly.

Keep up the good work!

Full of opportunity and appreciation.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Monett, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Monett, MO

Pros

I love working with a team that treats you like a family, not just like a peer. The core values and philosophy here are LIVED by, not just "talked" about. There's an open door to all of the C-Suite offices and I've never been turned away when I needed someone to hear me out.

Cons

It's hard, challenging work - yet rewarding. You are expected to work hard and smart and sometimes that means putting in the extra hours. But, it's always paid off.

Continue to talk to the Associates - not just through surveys, but using focus groups. Be sure to tie those conversations and action items directly back to specific goals/initiatives.

Worked for Jack Henry & Associates? Contribute to the Community!