Jack Henry & Associates

Jack Henry & Associates Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Jack Henry & Associates CEO and Director Jack Prim

Jack Prim

Pros
  • Benefits are very good and you truly do have amazing work life balance(in 13 reviews)

• Great Benefits/salary/VERY CASUAL WORK ENVIRONMENT(in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • In more technical jobs the work/life balance is hard(in 5 reviews)

• Career growth opportunities within management isn't as expansive as I originally thought it'd be(in 6 reviews)

Excellent Career Opportunities IF you are willing to work for them!!!!

Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) Monett, MO

ProsThe company is a tremendous company to work for. They truly care about their employees and their goals. The one thing that really stands out to me is the fact that when a lot of our competitors were laying people off a few years ago because of the economic down turn Jack Henry didn't. we all had to tighten the belt some but it is better than having no belt to tighten. The benefits are great and some of the best in the industry. You can advance if you are willing to work. Promotions opportunities come to those who work for them. The majority of all our management team has been here several years and so it gives hope that you can advance into roles as your knowledge advances and the need arises.

ConsThere are no real cons that I can think of.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the course. Remember the greatest asset we have is the people. We can have a great product but if we do not have the great people that we have supporting us it is all useless.

Great company

ProsMy manager puts a lot of emphasis on proper work-life balance. Benefits are good. I am given a lot of freedom to make the job what I want it to be. Ideas are heard and seriously considered.

ConsGrowth opportunities are limited, especially in my area of the company. Management can be overly conservative on some issues. There isn't as much synergy within different divisions of the company as there could be. For a company that is primarily technology oriented, it can be a bit backward technologically. I think a big part of that is dealing with the challenges of maintaining a secure environment with a company that has 5000+ employees spread over the entire U.S. Pretty much anything that is cloud-based is forbidden, so useful tools like Evernote and Dropbox are not allowed.

Great place to work and grow your career.

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Springfield, MO

ProsManagement is family friendly
    Benefits such as health insurance, 401k, EPSPP, PTO
    Salary
    Work remote flexibility
    I have found that if you want to grow your career you can with JHA. They will help pay for college if you choose to go back. They also have internal job postings to help further your career.

ConsI don't see any. As long as you are willing to push your self you will grow with the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the family friendly work environment and work to promote employees under you.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company to work for

Systems/Network Administrator (Current Employee) Alpharetta, GA

ProsFlexible with working from home. Competitive salary. Motto includes Have Fun which JHA def knows how to do. Great place to work.

ConsDepending on what area you work in you could have to travel a lot and work late hours. Nothing else i can think of.

Awesome!

Manager (Current Employee) Allen, TX

ProsRecognized for great customer service, benefits, great culture, strong financials. Good work/life balance. Wear shorts all summer long for $60 to support charities! JHA has Community Service Groups in many of their 40+ locations across the country supporting a variety of great causes.

ConsThe company will do it's part to help you succeed but if you don't contribute, you don't want to learn and grow, you aren't a team player...you won't like it here. JHA has a strong progressive discipline process and if you aren't cutting it, become stagnant, you won't be around for long.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagers need to take advantage of training that is available. Some manage differently than others, which is okay, but they should know and follow consistently the policies/procedures/core values. Training opportunities are available but unfortunately some feel they don't need it, don't have time, don't want it, don't agree...whatever the reason...get over it and learn!

JHA is a Great Place To Work!

Recruiting Sourcer (Current Employee) Springfield, MO

ProsWork life balance is good, ability to work remotely, benefits. JHA strives to be competitive in all areas of compensation. Management desires to help you progress in your career. The company is constantly trying improve processes to become more efficient and find the best possible employees.

ConsChanges and growth always have some growing pains, but JHA is working through those pretty quickly.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

Full of opportunity and appreciation.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Monett, MO

ProsI love working with a team that treats you like a family, not just like a peer. The core values and philosophy here are LIVED by, not just "talked" about. There's an open door to all of the C-Suite offices and I've never been turned away when I needed someone to hear me out.

ConsIt's hard, challenging work - yet rewarding. You are expected to work hard and smart and sometimes that means putting in the extra hours. But, it's always paid off.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to talk to the Associates - not just through surveys, but using focus groups. Be sure to tie those conversations and action items directly back to specific goals/initiatives.

Phenomenal company; great work / life balance and superb benefits! Friendly, genuine and extremely fulfilling!!

IT Recruiter (Current Employee) Allen, TX

ProsBenefits are very good and you truly do have amazing work life balance. The culture if very casual as you get to wear jeans and at time business casual dress attire. Everyone and I mean everyone, is extremely approachable and genuinely love working here and truly go out of their way to help make you successful. As an organization we offer cutting edge technology and are very competitive when it comes to ensuring spotlight within the job market with compensation, training, opportunity for growth, and you even have the flexibility to telecommute etc. If your looking for a new long term career, a new home per say; Jack Henry is where you need to look first!!

ConsI truly do not have a ton I can think of. From my perspective we do have a ton of process and procedures but that would be due to our company size and various business groups within the organization. We do need better Marketing, Social Media lime-light but I can say we are actively doing a great job of making this come to light and as we speak you can find us on FB, Twitter etc... we are taking large strides to reflect through the media but it does not all happen over night!

Great company to work for and great people to work with! Such a positive career environment!

Social Media Recruiting Specialist (Current Employee) Brentwood, TN

ProsJHA has a great work/life balance, it allows you flexibility to work in various locations all over the United States, they offer great benefits and compensation, and the company is full of hard working employees who care about one another. Another inspiring aspect of JHA is the company story/history and the philosophy they've maintained all these years.

ConsNo cons thus far.

Jack Henry is an incredible place to gain experience and further one's career!

Jack Henry Employee (Former Employee)

ProsJack Henry & Associates offers workplace experience and job training that can transfer to other industries as well as offering terrific employment benefits.

ConsJack Henry & Associates is such a great place to work but there are some managers that have zero qualifications to be managers and therefore their departments aren't as successful as other areas. Example: There were several hirees that didn't last very long and it was obvious that the person shouldn't have been hired in the first place but the manager wasn't able to pick up on the red flags.

Advice to Senior ManagementSee the 'Cons' section.

Worked for Jack Henry & Associates? Contribute to the Community!