Jack Henry & Associates Reviews

176 reviews filtered by
3.6
Jack Henry & Associates CEO and Director Jack Prim
Jack Prim

Pros
  • Benefits are very good and you truly do have amazing work life balance (in 15 reviews)

• flexible work (partial work from home), interesting tasks, fun coworkers (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Data Center Upper Management bows down to application development/management (in 7 reviews)

• Yearly cost of living raises are barely that (in 4 reviews)

Fantastic place to be for anyone seeking a 'career'. Not for "McDonalds mentality" workers.

Current Employee - Senior Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Manager

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits, while could be better, anything could be better. For the cost associated compared to what you get, JHA's benefits are quite good. Flexibility - JHA is extremely flexible with employees with regard to telecommuting or permanent 'remote' status. Competitive - JHA is very competitive in the marketplace in all aspects. While multiple reviews have outlined less benefits and low pay; as a senior manager for the company (but not an executive level manager, to be clear), we have management models and training and we have a model we follow: "C=C" (compensation = contribution). If you work your tail off and 'smarter not harder', find efficiencies and cement yourself (in whatever role you fill) as "the go-to person" which only requires your determination to be excellent, you'll be compensated more than fairly, if not quite well. Advancement - speaking from experience as someone who entered this company ~10 years ago making $30k/yr, I worked my tail off and became that "go to" person and had numerous situations present themselves to me to better myself. I took those opportunities and 10 years later I'm pulling down 6 figures. Gosh, that's horrible. All it took was dedication to providing quality in everything I do and asking a lot (a ton!) of questions. If you settle you'll be unhappy or 'so so' anywhere; challenge process, improve process and product and the sky is the limit. Truly.

Cons

With any larger business there are things behind the scenes that govern direction, movement, and decisions. Of course the almighty dollar drives many of those; good, bad, or indifferent. As such, sometimes what the management levels see and convey differs greatly from what the people in the trenches see/feel/want and that can, and often does, lead to a tug & pull with the end result being the front-line staff feel overworked/pressured while the the executive levels are trying very hard to ensure that the company turns profits and high margins for our shareholders and customers. Some years we are able to relax on that a tad over other years, depending upon the market, but from sitting in both management and front-line roles within the company I have a pretty good view on what's happening, and why, and it makes sense. Show me a company that doesn't have this problem and I'll show you a company that's destined to fail.

Continue to lead the company into the future with innovation without losing sight of who we are as a culture/company, our founders, and why we are who we are. Continue to be open-minded about areas for change and really weigh the need for change and effort to get there to the cost (in hard cost and resource time) to get there; sometimes we make changes for the better with our hearts in the right place but the end result feels more like busy work without a lot of bang for the buck at the finish line. Overall, great job.

2. Great company adjusting to explosive growth

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates

Pros

The leadership does have a commitment to their clients.

Cons

the bank software business is stressful

Great culture and career opportunities! You won't find a better company to work for in the Ozarks for sure!

Current Employee - Manager in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Manager in Springfield, MO

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The JHA culture is second to none
    Most people here really care and want to help you and the customers
    Lots of new opportunities for advancement when starting out
    Most of the management truly cares about the employees and encourage work life balance
    Generous benefits and competitive salaries

Cons

As we have grown it has been difficult to integrate some new acquisitions into our culture
    We are in a highly regulated industry so it can feel like a lot of red tape at times

Stick to the Core Values that have made the employees happy and the company successful!

5. A great place to work and grow your career.

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates

Pros

The Benefits here are very nice. They have a great Employee Stock Purchase Plan that you can participate in if you decide to.

Cons

I honestly can't think of anything that would be unique to JHA.

I really enjoy the Management team that I report to and the upper management seems to really invest in training their new managers which I think is a huge benefit.

Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Programmer/Analyst in Monett, MO
    Current Employee - Programmer/Analyst in Monett, MO

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I can safely say that I enjoy going to work each morning. There is a great atmosphere here and it's probably the best place to work for in this area. Good benefits, competitive pay, and a casual dress code are all big pro's in my book.

Cons

The training in my specific department was not very organized. They basically put you with another person doing the same job as you, and you better hope they know what they are doing and teach you the right way to do things.

7. Awesome place to work

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

You might think business software is boring. Here's what I've discovered. Anything can be boring if you're surrounded by the wrong people. Jack Henry is not one of those places. Everyone likes what they're doing. And most of the people have quite a bit of experience doing it. The software development teams are dynamic, and work with the latest technologies. The people are fun. It's the first place I've worked in years where I feel relaxed. You start out with a liberal vacation plan. And they really encourage you to take it. You can work from home when you need to. You get current training, and are always encouraged to learn more. Dress is casual, so jeans and a t-shirt most days.

Cons

Upper Upper management can be a bit stiff. But they usually come around.

Salaries need to regularly checked against the market.

8. Great place to work!

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time

Pros

fantastic boss-good atmosphere-beautiful office

Cons

I guess the cons are the extras they took away.

If you are a dedicated employee and have pride in your efforts, you will love working here!

Current Employee - Management in Lenexa, KS
    Current Employee - Management in Lenexa, KS

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

As a long-term employee of the company, I have seen my income, and career progress in exciting ways! Management truly cares about employees and the customers we serve, and conveys a sense of always considering alternatives when evaluating internal and external decisions.

Cons

The biggest challenges is people that would rather complain than contribute to the company or team success. Honestly, there are plenty of other places to work. If you have cause for concern or complaint, then please get out of our company. We would much rather work along side of someone that wants to be here and has pride in our company and solutions. Let's be honest... if you gave this company a single-star rating or wouldn't recommend working here, you probably are an 8-to-5 employee that is doing the bare minimum and fear a forced departure any day now anyway.

Don't allow sub-standard employees to remain in our midst. Develop a clear career-progression path for employees that aim to succeed.

10. Currently working at my favorite company

Current Employee - Implementations Supervisor in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Implementations Supervisor in Springfield, MO

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time

Pros

Ethical management decisions, very competitive benefits, and a great workplace environment. JHA was my brass-ring before I got here, and they have proven, close to a decade later, to still be my favorite company. They respect hard work, customer service, ethical decision-making, and a common passion for excellence. They really stand by their mission, and continue to reinforce "Do the Right Think, Do Whatever It Takes, and Have Fun."

Cons

Following the industry, benefits have tightened up. Certain departments have been known to hold onto the "dead weight" people for too long, but this patience with under-performers COULD be considered "a positive," depending on what side of the fence the person is on.

I advise to keep up ethical decision-making, opportunities for advancement, and advancing the company. Not all managers are leaders, and I advise that upper managers continue to help train managers, who want to grow into great leaders.

11. I LOVE WORKING HERE!

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Many of the Pros are going to pertain specific to my job. Flexible hours, ability to work from home, extremely competitive salary, great team to work with/on, and excellent leadership in management.

Cons

I have been with JHA for over a year now and loved every minute of it. I know it doesn't sound possible, but there are no drawbacks.

I am well compensated for my position - and get 19 days off a year + all federal holidays. I personally wouldn't mind the responsibility of management or being promoted, but am very happy where I currently am and when my time comes I will be patiently waiting.

Jack Henry & Associates Photos