Jack Henry & Associates

Jack Henry & Associates Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Jack Henry & Associates CEO and Director Jack Prim

Jack Prim

Pros
  • Benefits are very good and you truly do have amazing work life balance(in 12 reviews)

• Great Benefits/salary/VERY CASUAL WORK ENVIRONMENT(in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • In more technical jobs the work/life balance is hard(in 5 reviews)

• JHA is a small company, so there is little room for growth(in 6 reviews)

If you're older don't even try

Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) Lenexa, KS

ProsHealthcare although is ok isn't the best but better than the others around

ConsLong hours
    They mistreat their older employee's
    Management is inexperienced
    Cronyism runs rampant
    Don't want solutions just closed cases

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't have any why help them

Non productive Non productive Stressful

CMSS (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsBenefits PTO Holidays Work Dress Code

ConsNo training only SOP and do it yourself

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain and retraiing

Jack Henry & Associates Recruiting Sourcer responded to this review

May 15, 2014

Our desire is to provide the best training and education to the Associates of Jack Henry. All new employees attend a three-day, new employee training class where they learn about the history of the ... More

Worst Career Decision Ever!

Project Manager (Former Employee) Lenexa, KS

ProsCasual work environment, could work from home.

ConsTerrible Mgmt, Unprofessional employees, Ridiculous hours and expectations, no training provided.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo sense providing, they wouldn't listen anyway.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

MIH, go work at any other company... Starbucks perhaps?

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Lenexa, KS

ProsGood place to clock 6 months when you're starting out. They will let you sit and play YouTube videos all day. Management is top heavy with folks that just don't care or newly minted MBA that passed all the true false questions in class and are good at emails.

ConsThe base systems where written 30 years ago and as such are grumpy to work with. They spend Zero dollars on personnel and training. Management is great on the golf course but that's about it. Nice people just not suited to the positions that they have been peter principled.

I've worked at 5 of the locations and they are all the same. My advise is if you have your heart set on working for this company get into ProfitStar it has growth potential and pays the best 20-30% higher for the same job elsewhere in the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou might want to focus on something other than lawn care.

You have been warned......

Code Janitor (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsFree parking. Nothing else besides that. (I could say paycheck but the high blood pressure you'll be dealing with daily cancels that out.)

ConsThere is a huge difference between under qualified and NOT qualified. This place should be used as a case study of why a college degree is important. What a freakin disaster. From the top down a true testament of how bad the IT world is getting. Stay far away - you'll thank me......

Advice to Senior ManagementUtterly disgraceful.

Run, Don't walk, to the nearest exit

IS ASP Operations Senior Network Administrator (Former Employee) Lenexa, KS

ProsSome folks have been there forever at other locations. Always heard good things, may be a great company out side of Kansas.

ConsDisorganized, work long hours and it's expected on a regular basis. Lots of people leaving in multiple groups in Kansas. Some managers shouldn't be there in management. Manager ruled by intimidation.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet your group managers under control, they are a liability to you from a legal stand point.

Avoid like the plague.....

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee)

ProsBenefits - Great Insurance, 401K matching
    Holidays and Vacation Time

ConsCorporate management is a joke. If you like being treated like a child and constantly lied to then this is the place to work. Beware, corporate management at this company is part of a "good ole boy" network, meaning if something goes wrong at that level, it is swept under the rug even if it is public knowledge.

Don't expect cost of living pay increases, management will tell you they are coming and most likely will deduct you pay because the company wants to acquire another technology firm, so they have to cut cost somewhere..... your pocket.

No budget for career growth, training, etc.... They expect you to learn this on your own. The will compensate you for training, but only after you have to shell out the money yourself, which is very expensive, and has to be approved by management.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to look at some of your corporate managers and question the decisions these people have made... You know the ones who like to blow smoke. Don't allow these people to hire from outside of the company for department manager positions, when there are people already in place perfectly capable of doing the job with very little to no training needed. Employee's should not be expected to train their bosses, especially for a fraction of the pay compared to the outsiders being hired.

Management is completely hands off, stay away from this company

Database Administrator (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsYou get one month vacation.

ConsPoor management skills.
    Poor career and growth opportunity if you work in any of the regional offices instead if the headquarters in Monett.

Advice to Senior ManagementBenefits are not the only way to retain people.

Good opportunities are mostly limited to head quarters in Monett.

Technical Support Manager (Current Employee) Monett, MO

ProsOne week vacation time is nice but it also includes sick time.

ConsThis is an old fashioned company with a tight budget. Everything is a problem from getting time off to going to training to getting a raise. Management does not like disagreement. Job security is not as good as it seems. The company is prone to financial industry regulations.

Advice to Senior ManagementPresenting yoyr company's as having a great benefits package is not the only means to make them happy.

Authoritarian management in mind reading business.

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Houston, TX

Prosthe 401k matching safe harbor and job stability.

ConsManagement does not disagreement. Its their way and only their way.

Advice to Senior ManagementBuild equality.

Worked for Jack Henry & Associates? Contribute to the Community!