Jack in the Box

www.jackinthebox.com

Jack in the Box Reviews

Updated Jul 19, 2014

Leonard A. Comma

Pros
  • Also it is usually a fairly fast paced dynamic environment and can be a decent place for more high energy people to work(in 9 reviews)

• 80% of the workers are obese because of the free food(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management gives "lip service" they don't practice what they preach(in 11 reviews)

• constant attentiveness to customers and occasional rude customers(in 7 reviews)

Great People. 'Eh' Pay

Team Leader (Current Employee) Vista, CA

ProsI love the people there, even some of the customers are great! The job is demanding, but easy to get used to.

ConsThe pay is not great, the discount stinks, and the franchise operation and higher ups treat you like crap and expect too much.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy store manager is amazing! The franchise operators and area coaches though? Terrifying.

Extremely high expectations, minimal pay with no chance of a raise

Grill Cook (Former Employee) Modesto, CA

ProsObviously, these are the places you work when you really can't find another job or are just starting out in the workforce, but I always did like the sense of family I had with my coworkers at this job.

ConsThere were alot of high expectations from the district manager and alot of pressure on our general manager to increase speed. We were paid 8.00/hr flat- shift leaders were paid 8.50/hr. Raises were not talked about and not possible. I understand it's a fast food restaurant, but I worked for Papa Johns in Texas and went from 5.50 to 9.50 in 2 years, and was treated like I was appreciated.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust because this is a fast food restaurant doesn't mean it's necessary to treat employees like they are interchangeable, even though they may be. I value working in any place and I like to consider my jobs important, even if they are at a place like Jack in the Box. We are coming to the age where opportunities for employees are more extensive-happier employees equals happier customers, and happier customers equals higher sales and positive reviews.

Some tough times - but still a great company

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsWork life balance is the best I have seen at any company. New leadership has a lot of energy.

Consdownsizing recently and budget pressures - no fun.

Advice to Senior Managementfigure out how to differentiate Jack from the crowd!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sucks.

Team Leader (Current Employee)

ProsAt least you have a job.

Consbad pay, horrible hours, and just a bad experience overall.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your workers better. The "low-level" employees are the reason any of you even get paid and you treat them like crap. Paying your workers exactly minimum wage is just telling us that if you could pay us less, then you definitely would, which doesn't exactly inspire us.

ok

Proseverything was good with this job

Consnothing was really bad about this job

Okay...

Cashier (Former Employee)

ProsAwesome co-workers. Co-workers and manager were really nice and understanding. Very flexible hours

ConsHard work, fast paced, minimum pay, hectic hours. Hours were drastically cut.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward hard work and good customer service

Disingenuous Executive Leadership team

ProsDecent insured health benefits package

ConsArrogant, uninformed leadership team. Myopic, ethnocentric worldview. Utterly transparent, self-serving interests that protect the status-quo and upper management's many entitlements and fat paychecks.

Advice to Senior ManagementSeek first to understand - collaboration, trust and open communication are key. Actions speak so much louder than empty words and promises. Lastly, it's not the how pretty the package is wrapped, but the contents that count.

Layoffs, Layoffs, Layoffs, for workers, not the layers and layers of directors and managers

Project Manager (Former Employee)

ProsFake Boss is a Clown

ConsReal Boss is a Clown

Advice to Senior ManagementLoose the layers of management that don't actually do anything but use the time of workers to write up progress reports so they can tell the next boss above them what is going on--STUPID What do you do when your IT department installs Oracle in a company that is downsizing, spends 6M and 6 years putting in a time keeping system, cant deliver a BO system, didn't put stand alone payment systems in place-costing company millions in fines and requiring a 40% use of IT staff for PCI regulations? Hint- you get rid of the funny bald clown, and it isn't Jack!

I was a Crew member

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe clients or customer was great

ConsThe Crappy hours I had

Not a bad job during school.

Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) Pleasanton, CA

Pros- Flexible hours,
    - Positive environment
    - I worked there while I was a college student and it gave me money in my pocket and provided me with a steady paycheck and flexible hours when I needed. Overall it wasn't a bad experience while I worked at the Pleasanton store (which is a nice upper-middle class city)

Cons- Depending on the restaurant, there can be understaffing during crucial hours.
    - Pay
    -I also worked at the Stockton Ca store when I transferred schools and had a much different experience, not because of management or co-workers, but the neighborhood and clientele of the restaurant. Stockton is a notoriously bad city and while working I had to deal with many drug addicts and homeless people that wandered in the store.

Worked for Jack in the Box? Contribute to the Community!