Jack in the Box

Updated Mar 9, 2014

Leonard A. Comma

9 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

manager

ASS Manager (Current Employee)
    Weatherford, TX

Prosmeet people have fun at work

Consweird hours overnights are bad

Advice to Senior Managementwork more

this is a ok FIRST job, maybe...

Cashier (Former Employee)
    Royse City, TX

Prosflexible hours, choose where you want to work, some nice employees

Consscreamed at, talked down on, fast pace, doesn't let your learn in your own pace

Advice to Senior Managementbe more professional

The worst job I ever had....

Team Member (Current Employee)
    Hurst, TX

ProsYou get discounts on food.

ConsThis has to be the worst job that I have every worked! It's a very high stressed and demanding job. It doesn't pay enough for the stress that I deal with there. We're always short staffed all the time and the benefits aren't that great!

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

company can't decide where they are going

Restaurant Manager (Current Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsClean environment, devoted customer base, good food, decent pay, decent benefits, you will do well if you can play the politics,

ConsLack of direction, constantly changing standard, corporate doesn't have a clue on restaurant procedures, new equipment doesn't seem like it is tested well, procedures are dificult and cumbersome

Advice to Senior Managementquit firing the people who actually know what they are doing to hire newer cheaper people without a clue. The marketing campaign is not working get some better people. This used to be a great company its sad what the new regime has done to it.

Too Dramatic, and Menacing Supervision.

Cashier/Cook (Current Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsTime flies - when it's a busy day, it won't be long before the shift ends. Plus, there tends to be easygoing hours, not to mention it's very quick to catch up on.

ConsI'm not sure if it was the store itself, but there were so many days that it's utterly packed it would be scary. Not to mention the silly more-than-what-should-exist drama that emanated in there - the manager and the one before had such preferences/biased statements to the point all cashiers would have lack of hours, yet get still called in off-hours due to shortage. (I mean come on, what kind of manager are you if you can't even get the entire schedule fixed up nicely?) Not to mention the lines we HAVE to say in order to "have more hours"... not very pleasant in everyone's favors. Plus a waste of time.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf we have a certain "time" to beat handing out orders, then don't make us say "How is our service today?" to our guests - it kills our time to hear opinions, not to mention it makes this company have a desperate image - ESPECIALLY if our actual hours LITERALLY depend on it. ONE MORE THING: for the love of customers, if you wanna keep employees, then for crying out loud, get the recorded hours right - the fact that I have to take photographic proof that I haven't been getting the proper pay for the amount of hours I REALLY have been working, not to mention having to record a document of such as well, is truly something that isn't good at all in your image. Sincerely, a very grumpy worker of a 50+tacos/hour store.

lets just say its an expletive word

Wylie, TX

Prosthe co-workers are ok, well some are, and some management are ok depending on the resturant...

ConsBeing penalized for being sick, such as having hours cut while you are in the midst of training for a promotion, only to be given an ultimatum on said promotion for asking for more hours 2 weeks in a row..

Management being constantly saying negative things such as "we'd fail" or putting employees down, or spreading their business through out the restaurant

Advice to Senior Managementyou get sick just like we do do not punish us for it, Talk to your workers not at them, don't spread personal information around the restaurant of another employee, actually listen to your employees when they try to tell their side of the story since there are two sides to every story

All they care about is the price of the stock, care nothing about their people

Store Managerrea Caoch (Former Employee)

ProsGood salary
    Good Benefits ie, 401k plus retirement

ConsDon't understand employees are #1 asset
    poor operations manual
    unrealistic time demands
    poor training and development

Advice to Senior ManagementPractice what you preach

Getting Worse

Store Manager (Current Employee)
    Fort Worth, TX

ProsGood Food, Jack, flexibility, Jack

ConsCompany is changing, top management is leaving, people get fired constantly, lack of direction

Advice to Senior Managementbring the service profit chain back

It was a bad roller coaster I wanted to get off!

Restaurant Manager (Current Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsYears ago they had focus and cared about management teams. Pension to everyone including crew.

ConsYou're just a number to them. Everyday our focus changes. Nobody now's who's going to be the next boss. I had 4 in the last 2 years. Now they are all worried about their jobs everyone is in a panic. Stabbing each other in the back trying to hold on to their jobs. The names are changing daily in the white castle. Ex Exxon Oil managers are in charge of the company and selling it off to the franchise.

Advice to Senior ManagementRun! You'll never know which way is up!!!

Worked for Jack in the Box? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Jack in the Box reviews and ratings in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Jack in the Box CEO Leonard A. Comma . All 9 reviews posted anonymously by Jack in the Box employees.