Jack in the Box

www.jackinthebox.com

Jack in the Box Reviews in Phoenix, AZ

Updated Jul 17, 2014

Leonard A. Comma

Pros
  • Also it is usually a fairly fast paced dynamic environment and can be a decent place for more high energy people to work (in 9 reviews)

• 80% of the workers are obese because of the free food (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management gives "lip service" they don't practice what they preach (in 11 reviews)

• constant attentiveness to customers and occasional rude customers (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights
8 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

This job can be a great tool for a different career or a great career in itself.

Team Leader (Current Employee) Goodyear, AZ

ProsAdvancement for those willing and able to do their jobs correctly and efficiently.

ConsIt can be very stressful at times when a rush hits and your team and you are not meeting goals or expectations.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the employees more, they have good ideas. Also make sure they are taken care of, your turnover rates and store performance directly depend on how well you treat your employees.

Just another fast food job

Anonymous (Current Employee) Surprise, AZ

ProsEmployees fun to be around. Great for learning time management. Discounts to eat here. You work in more then one area of the restaurant.

ConsShift leaders always blame crew members for everything that goes wrong. You are talked to like you are below them. The food is left to sit for hours. That's gross... Also the stores are not cleaned as I have found black mold in the soda machine. The customers get drinks from there, ewwww. You are forced to hold drive through cars for 2 minutes in order to get a better speed of service, yelled at if you don't. Also NO BREAKS!!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementGive the hard workers recognition. Explain to shift leaders that if they treat crew members with respect they will do a better job.

Poor management

Shift Leader (Former Employee) Mesa, AZ

Prosworking with fun and interesting people and customers

Consmanagement does not listen or care about you or their store in both stores i worked at

Advice to Senior ManagementLISTEN TO YOUR EMPLOYEES

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Work here, but only if you are desperate.

Fry Cook (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsLevel entry job, they'll hire anybody.

ConsSome manager have favorites and do not value hard workers.
    There are no breaks.
    Employees are constantly calling in, and they will call, call, and call until you pick up.
    Co-workers become rude and jealous when they realize that you are in school or will be leaving soon for a better job.
    Some managers do not respect privacy and gossip about their workers, so keep your business tight.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not gossip with employees.

Corporate sold us out

Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) Tempe, AZ

ProsGreat company to work for, good benefits, salary, pto.

ConsCorporate sold all the stores to franchise with worse everything listed above.

Advice to Senior ManagementCare about employees ans reward hard dedicated workers.

Great team,

Team Lead - Sponsored (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsOur store has a LOT of regular guests & the staff is very tenured

ConsIt would be nice to actually be promoted per the work I do in my store. From admin work, to 'shopping' to assisting the store manager run the store as best as possible.

Advice to Senior Managementnone at this time

no personal life

Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

Prosgreat benifits and good pay for education level

Consno personal life, even when home you are still working and answering calls from the store

Advice to Senior Managementallow someone to take the time off you give them

Jack in the Box

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsThe money is pretty good.

ConsUnreasonable goals are difficult to meet.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome expectations are too high.

Worked for Jack in the Box? Contribute to the Community!