Jack in the Box Reviews

Updated August 26, 2014
Updated August 26, 2014

2.6

Leonard A. Comma

Pros
  • Also it is usually a fairly fast paced dynamic environment and can be a decent place for more high energy people to work (in 9 reviews)

• 80% of the workers are obese because of the free food (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management gives "lip service" they don't practice what they preach (in 11 reviews)

• constant attentiveness to customers and occasional rude customers (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

This job has horrible customer service

Former Employee - Team Leader  in  Temple, TX
    Former Employee - Team Leader in Temple, TX

I worked at Jack in the Box full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Free food. Get to see very great entertainment on the graveyard shift the customers are very funny. Sometimes too rude.

Cons

Manager will sometimes make you do all the work and do not do a thing but sit on their phones and eat. They are so rude to customers and the employees.

Have better training for management

very poor upper management.

Former Employee - Restaurant Manager  in  Baton Rouge, LA
    Former Employee - Restaurant Manager in Baton Rouge, LA

I worked at Jack in the Box full-time for more than a year

Pros

one free meal per day

Cons

upper management too busy trying to seduce female employees. no support. very poor training. cheating. too many cliques. females promotions based on having sex with area directors.

focus more on training and development and less on trying to have sexual relations with most of the female employees.

It was very unproffesional at how the ran things.

Former Employee - Cashier/Cook  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Cashier/Cook in Houston, TX

I worked at Jack in the Box full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It a easy job to make easy money and the training is easy to catch on really fast and plus you aint got to bring lunch

Cons

The things that did not please me was the leadership was not good it felt like you where working as one not as a group and when you ask question the could not be answer. On your days off the would call and ask if you can come in or make you come in and when you had to leave for a good reson the act like the could not help you.

If you expect your team to work right the treat them the way you wanted to be treated. Help out when somebody need to help instead of seating at your desk. The last thing stop acting like your better then the works just cause your in a manger

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Trying to pay for an education on minimum wage.

Current Employee - Team Leader  in  City of Spokane Valley, WA
    Current Employee - Team Leader in City of Spokane Valley, WA

I have been working at Jack in the Box full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The only pro to jack in the box is the life long friendships I have created with some of my coworkers

Cons

Terrible bosses(area coaches, district owners
    No air conditioning
    No one listename
    High expectations, little pay
    People
    Attitude of bosses
    People
    Etc.

Look into your stores, my boss leaves to take the deposit to the bank for 3 hrs ( 5 min drive) don't know the last time I saw the area owners. When I do they never tell the crew they are doing a good job, always critical. I have worked for jack in the box since 2009. I am a full time student and employee. I hate every moment that I am there. It used to be nice when I first started. But with the new owner and the upper managment eveyone has unrealistic expectations of all the employees. My checks are barley 600.00 and I have been a team leader for almost 4 years with no opportunity to go further because "I'm not making this a career". What happened to it begins with internal serivce? That got lost with corporate. I now have to come in on my day off for a 1 hr meeting when I live and hour away, waste of my time and effort. Thanks jack. Suicide here I come.

horrible!!

Former Employee - Team Leader  in  Avon, IN
    Former Employee - Team Leader in Avon, IN

I worked at Jack in the Box full-time for less than a year

Pros

the only thing that was good was the free food that you could always cook yourself

Cons

nobody can do there job right, your always being threated with being fired, everybody just stands around and talks crap about everybody. its worse then being in high school. always running out of something and if your gay they will find some excuse to fire you. food was always being dropped on the floor then picked back up to be served to the customers

learn to run your company better or close your doors

Poor management

Former Employee - Shift Leader  in  Mesa, AZ
    Former Employee - Shift Leader in Mesa, AZ

I worked at Jack in the Box full-time for more than a year

Pros

working with fun and interesting people and customers

Cons

management does not listen or care about you or their store in both stores i worked at

LISTEN TO YOUR EMPLOYEES

Do not work here

I have been working at Jack in the Box part-time

Pros

The people are normally very nice. Flexible hours.

Cons

Everyone at the Jack in the Box I work at treats their job like high school, everyone is always gossiping and making fun of those who do not speak spanish. We hired people who don't understand english and it creates a lack of communication between the cashiers and cooks, which creates a lot of inefficiencies in our window time. People have also made of other employees for being "too nice" to the customers.

Awwwwful

Former Employee - Restaurant Manager
    Former Employee - Restaurant Manager

I worked at Jack in the Box full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Benefits (Not great ones) nothing else

Cons

Work balance- you literally have no life

They don't care so why bother

Leaves a bad taste in your mouth

Former Employee - Business Manager  in  San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Business Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at Jack in the Box full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The company's been around for decades. It's centrally located in Kearny Mesa, which is convenient. Traffic isn't too bad and they do have benefits.

Cons

Chews employees up and spits them out. If you want to keep looking over your shoulder in fear of being outsourced day after day, this is the place for it.

Don't pretend to value your employees one minute and expend your efforts to outsource them all the next.

A lot of hours not enough pay.

Current Employee - Restaurant Manager  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Restaurant Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Jack in the Box full-time

Pros

no organization . They don't back there Store Managers. Jack will let employees and team leads no call no show and even quit (walk out in the middle of the shift three times)
     then bring them back.

Cons

You are constantly running a shift with one or two people, includes fryers, grill, assembly, D-thru front cash and still expected to hit sos

Think long and hard before you take the position, Your life is there's never a weekend off. supposed to have 5 personal days, five sick days, but if you take one they will write you up for missing a day

Worked for Jack in the Box? Contribute to the Community!