Jack in the Box
www.jackinthebox.com San Diego, CA 5000+ Employees

Jack in the Box Reviews

Updated Jul 10, 2014

Leonard A. Comma

Pros:
  • "Also it is usually a fairly fast paced dynamic environment and can be a decent place for more high energy people to work"
    in 8 reviews
  • "Free food, drinks, get to try new things, opportunity for advancement, checks every two weeks, making your food unique sometimes"
    in 7 reviews
Cons:
  • "Expect cold shoulder/not understanding from upper management when you don't make the numbers"
    in 11 reviews
  • "constant attentiveness to customers and occasional rude customers"
    in 6 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

First Job

Cashier (Former Employee)
    Ontario, CA

ProsGood learning experience for time management, working with others,

ConsMinimum wage, poor treatment of workers

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize good workers when you have them.

Trying to pay for an education on minimum wage.

Team Leader (Current Employee)
    City of Spokane Valley, WA

ProsThe only pro to jack in the box is the life long friendships I have created with some of my coworkers

ConsTerrible bosses(area coaches, district owners
    No air conditioning
    No one listename
    High expectations, little pay
    People
    Attitude of bosses
    People
    Etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook into your stores, my boss leaves to take the deposit to the bank for 3 hrs ( 5 min drive) don't know the last time I saw the area owners. When I do they never tell the crew they are doing a good job, always critical. I have worked for jack in the box since 2009. I am a full time student and employee. I hate every moment that I am there. It used to be nice when I first started. But with the new owner and the upper managment eveyone has unrealistic expectations of all the employees. My checks are barley 600.00 and I have been a team leader for almost 4 years with no opportunity to go further because "I'm not making this a career". What happened to it begins with internal serivce? That got lost with corporate. I now have to come in on my day off for a 1 hr meeting when I live and hour away, waste of my time and effort. Thanks jack. Suicide here I come.

Good place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsEmployees are fun to be around.

ConsI didn't find too many cons.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Wonderful experience!!

Team Member (Current Employee)
    Fontana, CA

ProsWonderful coworkers. Easy to learn about what you need to do for the Dining Room and Drive Thru.

ConsLow pay. Unpredictable sales. Not always guaranteed 15 hours a week.

horrible!!

Team Leader (Former Employee)
    Avon, IN

Prosthe only thing that was good was the free food that you could always cook yourself

Consnobody can do there job right, your always being threated with being fired, everybody just stands around and talks crap about everybody. its worse then being in high school. always running out of something and if your gay they will find some excuse to fire you. food was always being dropped on the floor then picked back up to be served to the customers

Advice to Senior Managementlearn to run your company better or close your doors

Cashier

Cashier (Former Employee)
    Houston, TX

ProsGood pay for a high school student, hands on customer service experience, fast pace

Conslong hours of standing on feet, rude customers, eager managers, look out for guest shoppers! ( they grade you and the store)

Advice to Senior ManagementUplift the employees under you! Encourage and reward their great work!

Good facility and efficient, despite 2 flailing GMs

Olathe, KS

ProsThe system they use has been well engineered. Stock is easy to access and keeping the food flowing takes only 4 people. The training they provide is more than thorough.

ConsSchedule changes for the week were done without employee knowledge or input. Had 2 GMs that both could not do a truck order. Two to three items would be out of stock for a week. Team leaders worked 40-60 hours on the line while the GMs came and went just to have someone in the office. Short numbers were scheduled to keep labor cost down.

Advice to Senior ManagementGrow up! Learn about consistency and leadership so there can be a little solidarity in the crew. For goodness sake if you want to be an example or a leader at a fast food restaurant first learn how to make the food then work to do it fast. Do not play playground politics while expecting a mature crew to respect you.

Poor management

Shift Leader (Former Employee)
    Mesa, AZ

Prosworking with fun and interesting people and customers

Consmanagement does not listen or care about you or their store in both stores i worked at

Advice to Senior ManagementLISTEN TO YOUR EMPLOYEES

Do not work here

ProsThe people are normally very nice. Flexible hours.

ConsEveryone at the Jack in the Box I work at treats their job like high school, everyone is always gossiping and making fun of those who do not speak spanish. We hired people who don't understand english and it creates a lack of communication between the cashiers and cooks, which creates a lot of inefficiencies in our window time. People have also made of other employees for being "too nice" to the customers.

Good place to start but not to stay

Prosi really enjoyed how my manger was flexible with the schedule.
    great co-worker
    great place to star

Consto repetitive
    annoying customer (but some alright)
    supervisors and management are hypocrites
    there is no fairness

Advice to Senior Managementtake a good look behind what your mangers are saying to the bigger bosses because what i know as a crew member there are many, plenty, perhaps to may policies and CCPs that are not being followed. just wanted to warn you and its not because i don't like Jack i really enjoyed, i really did. That being the reason why i am letting you know.

Worked for Jack in the Box? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Jack in the Box reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Jack in the Box CEO Leonard A. Comma . All 184 reviews posted anonymously by Jack in the Box employees.