Jackson Healthcare

Updated September 11, 2014
3.8

Jackson Healthcare CEO Richard L. Jackson
Richard L. Jackson

If I could choose the company from which I will eventually retire, Jackson Healthcare would be it!!

Current Employee - Technology Group  in  Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Technology Group in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Jackson Healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

Unbelievably professional, fun, laid-back, successful, family-friendly corporate culture, above-average wages. Perks are working in a luxury hotel-like building, great on-site cafe, wonderful boss... I have worked for companies that claimed that their employees were their greatest asset. Jackson Healthcare is the only company I have ever worked for that actually meant it and treated me like they mean it! I could go on and on about why I love it here.

Cons

Wish it was closer to my house, but that is my choice to make the 19-mile, 70-minute commute each way. WORTH IT.

Please don't ever change the culture!

Rockin' It

Current Employee - Communications Specialist  in  Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Communications Specialist in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Jackson Healthcare full-time for less than a year

Pros

Most corporations TALK about how great they are and I've even had a company DEMAND I write a positive review on Best companies to work for, but never have I actually worked for an organization that walked the talk. They hire you for your talents and then allow you to grow those talents. Positive feedback, training. Gym and cafe onsite. I have worked here a year and have not had ONE person say anything rude, cop an attitude or throw me under the bus. I hope to retire here!

Cons

I wish I would have started my career here!

Continue to grow your talented staff. Keep focused on the things that got you here.

Fabulous Family Company

Current Employee - Receptionist  in  Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Receptionist in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Jackson Healthcare full-time for less than a year

Pros

This is a wonderful company that feels like family. There are great benefits and many perks of working for a business that truly cares about the well being of their employees on all levels - family, health, career, etc. Lots of opportunity for education and training; freedom to manage time and work balanced by guidance and support. I most love that when I bring an idea or suggestion to my manager, she listens and acts to make it happen. It makes me feel that she respects and values my opinion and experience.

Cons

Parking can be a real challenge if you are late to work. Get here early or bring comfortable shoes for the walk up the hill.

New hires don't always know about all the fantastic things going on here unless they were referred by a friend (which happens a lot!). It would be great for new hires of the smaller companies to have more education about the Jackson Healthcare parent company.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great employee focused company!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Jackson Healthcare full-time for less than a year

Pros

The corporate values and team environment are exceptional. Employees are valued and the benefits reflect that daily. One of the best overall groups of people I have ever had the privilege to work for and with. Cafeteria, full-service gym, and clinic on-site. Organic garden for farmers market. Beautiful physical environment.

Cons

This is a very fast-paced, high-stress environment. Wouldn't suggest to the faint of heart. Must be a team player to make it here.

Keep it up. This a fun, interesting, and asthetically pleasing place to work.

Best place I have worked so far.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Jackson Healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

It is like a big family here. We have friendly competitions between the companies and it is unbelievable here around Halloween and Christmas time. Jackson Healthcare doesn't just give you opportunities professionally but they also allow you to be better as a person whether its through their give back program or group volunteer programs. The amenities here are top notch with a cafeteria, sick clinic and gym. The work/life balance here is incredible.

Cons

As long as you work hard and do your job well you will be recognized and/or rewarded.

Disappointing!

Current Employee - PA Employee  in  Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - PA Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Jackson Healthcare full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Beautiful building ,cafe', gym,. On-site nurse station, year-end gifts.

Cons

The company spouts how much they value their employees, but actions speak louder than words. Managers need to take classes on being effective managers. The lack of communication is astounding. Information that is needed to get your job done is often not relayed readily. There is an abundance of favortism and if you are not playing the game, you are overlooked and under-appreciated. Not all of the JH companies are run this way, but enough of the 15 or so companies are, and top management should be concerned about the dissatisfaction amongst the employees. Actually use the 360 reviews and other surveys that we take yearly, to look into the growing issues.

Communicate! Be an example! Be a Leader!

A+ place to work

Current Employee - Senior Sales Professional  in  Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Professional in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Jackson Healthcare full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Incredible facility.
    Room for advancement.
    Commitment to innovation and customer service.
    Employee satisfaction is a priority.
    Philanthropic leadership.

Cons

Jobs are mostly by referral, and obtaining feedback for the people we refer can be a challenge.

Please continue to solicit employee feedback. That cultivates trust.

I feel extremely blessed and lucky to have a job here

Current Employee - Marketing Specialist  in  Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Jackson Healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people! Full gym + classes, cafe, putt-putt course, arcade, profit sharing, extremely charitable, charitable matching, benefits, free clinic

Cons

almost none, salary could be slightly higher

Keep up the good work!

A Wonderful Family

I have been working at Jackson Healthcare part-time for more than a year

Pros

This is one of the best jobs that I have ever had. The people are kind, understanding, friendly, family-oriented, and professional. They give people the opportunity to be themselves, and they are incredibly loyal even to their worst employees. The charity work we do is amazing, Rick Jackson is an incredible visionary, the HR department is always kind and welcoming. I would recommend working in this office to anyone who has had an unpleasent previous work experience anywhere else.

Cons

Sometimes the people who are doing the worst jobs will not be let go of while the people who work the hardest are the ones who end up getting fired.

Let more people know about the events happening within the company in advance, they are always a treat and people would really like to be involved.

One of the best companies I've ever worked for!

Current Employee - Sales  in  Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Jackson Healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

Cafeteria, on-site gym, flexibility, great co-workers

Cons

No telecommuting or compressed work weeks, difficult to advance.

Jackson Healthcare Photos

Jackson Healthcare building
Jackson Healthcare
Care Logistics Vision Center
Front

+ Add Photo

Worked for Jackson Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!