Jackson Healthcare

A+ place to work

Senior Sales Professional (Current Employee) Alpharetta, GA

ProsIncredible facility.
    Room for advancement.
    Commitment to innovation and customer service.
    Employee satisfaction is a priority.
    Philanthropic leadership.

ConsJobs are mostly by referral, and obtaining feedback for the people we refer can be a challenge.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease continue to solicit employee feedback. That cultivates trust.

Disappointing!

PA Employee (Current Employee) Alpharetta, GA

ProsBeautiful building ,cafe', gym,. On-site nurse station, year-end gifts.

ConsThe company spouts how much they value their employees, but actions speak louder than words. Managers need to take classes on being effective managers. The lack of communication is astounding. Information that is needed to get your job done is often not relayed readily. There is an abundance of favortism and if you are not playing the game, you are overlooked and under-appreciated. Not all of the JH companies are run this way, but enough of the 15 or so companies are, and top management should be concerned about the dissatisfaction amongst the employees. Actually use the 360 reviews and other surveys that we take yearly, to look into the growing issues.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate! Be an example! Be a Leader!

I feel extremely blessed and lucky to have a job here

Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) Alpharetta, GA

ProsThe people! Full gym + classes, cafe, putt-putt course, arcade, profit sharing, extremely charitable, charitable matching, benefits, free clinic

Consalmost none, salary could be slightly higher

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A Wonderful Family

ProsThis is one of the best jobs that I have ever had. The people are kind, understanding, friendly, family-oriented, and professional. They give people the opportunity to be themselves, and they are incredibly loyal even to their worst employees. The charity work we do is amazing, Rick Jackson is an incredible visionary, the HR department is always kind and welcoming. I would recommend working in this office to anyone who has had an unpleasent previous work experience anywhere else.

ConsSometimes the people who are doing the worst jobs will not be let go of while the people who work the hardest are the ones who end up getting fired.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet more people know about the events happening within the company in advance, they are always a treat and people would really like to be involved.

One of the best companies I've ever worked for!

Sales (Current Employee) Alpharetta, GA

ProsCafeteria, on-site gym, flexibility, great co-workers

ConsNo telecommuting or compressed work weeks, difficult to advance.

Looks can be very deceiving

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Alpharetta, GA

ProsFancy 40 million dollar building. Has in-house cafeteria, gym and mini-golf course on side of building. There are many companies (12+) beneath the "corporate umbrella" housed in the same building as Jackson Healthcare so if you work for the main company you can gain lots of exposure to other areas/companies/people. Also opens up the possibility to transfer into other areas/companies. Nice Christmas gift to every employee.

ConsThe company has no problem firing good people on short notice. Don't expect any loyalty from JH even if you've been a super star employee. They do this at the same time they have spent thousands and thousands of dollars on importing their water fountains from Italy or supporting their lavish koi pond.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want to be philanthropic - start with your own employees first.

Overall I enjoy working at Jackson Healthcare.

Payroll Manager (Current Employee) Alpharetta, GA

ProsThe owner has great values. You often get the chance to help others, especially children. The building is beautiful. I love the fact that there's a gym, a cafe and a clinic onsite. The Wellness Program is great.

ConsOften have to work longer hours because we are short staffed.

Advice to Senior ManagementA little more attention needs to be paid to the people "in the trenches". A better dress code needs to be enforced since there are visitors who comment on the way some of the younger employees are allowed to dress.

Great place to work, but at a cost

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Alpharetta, GA

ProsGreat amenities
    Great people
    Interesting work
    Diverse environment
    Philanthropy initiatives
    In general, everyone is proud to work there

ConsCompany commits itself to employees on the surface, but will turn their back on them and let the go Only to open jobs up quickly afterwards
    Jackson Senior leadership is young in some companies and inexperienced in leading other companies.
    Management changes priorities rapidly and without notice
    Companies do not work as a unit enough
    Low pay compared to comparable industries and job descriptions
    HR does not eat it's own lunch. They train but don't practice their own methodologies that they preach to others. For instance, associate reviews. 360 feedback.
    Companies are too autonomous, without regard for one another or their people at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind an effective way to plan. Evaluate your plans and find out why they are invalidated after a short period of time.

Great for a politician or lawyer, not for people who get things done

Management (Former Employee) Alpharetta, GA

ProsGenuinely care for their employees
    Some facets of the business have a fast-paced start-up mindset
    Great office building and amenities
    Many people are great to work with
    Strong company financially

ConsNepotism - family and personal friends of CEO receive upper management positions, highly preferential treatment, and business equity
    Executives value political skill and press release-worthy resumes over actual ability and past accomplishments when hiring or promoting all levels of management
    Very little collaboration - departments made up of "kingdoms" where management must look over their shoulder to see who will be "raiding" them next
    Very averse to budgeting for infrastructure or other capital to ensure successful business operations
    Constant reorganizations based on which executive is heard loudest at any given time
    Long hours, weekend work with very little recognition or payoff

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company started out great because the people were great. Those people have all been replaced with corporate political robots. There are many individuals who have been with this company for years with great business ideas that are not heard due to either politics or nepotism. Start valuing ideas, ability, and accomplishment over fancy resumes and the company will continue to grow.

great place to work

Account Executive/Recruiter (Former Employee) Alpharetta, GA

Prospotential for advancement and great income
    fair treatment of employees
    great corporate building with amenities

Consvery fast-paced-
    long hours
    80-100 phone calls/day

Advice to Senior Managementkeep reinforcing jobs well done

Worked for Jackson Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!