Jackson Hospital (Alabama)

Add Photos

Jackson Hospital (Alabama) President & CEO Joe B. Riley

Joe B. Riley

A good place to work.

ProsGood compensation and benefits, family-like atmosphere, high quality patient care. Growing system is expanding to cover more of the Montgomery area. New administration in the past two years seems to listen better to staff and care about their needs.

ConsA smaller facility than others in the greater metro area and in Birmingham. Less opportunity to expand career horizons. A few growing pains.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep listening to the staff.

Great place to work!

Allied Health Professional (Former Employee) Montgomery, AL

ProsThere are opportunities for growth if you are in nursing. Excellent education department that strives to provide quality opportunities for nurses to grow their knowledge.

ConsSenior leaders are often disconnected from reality. Some leaders play favorites and there is an impression that if you escalate issues you will not gain resolution in your favor. Many departments are not collaborative and often use the excuse that "it's not my job".

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at holding management accountable and provide management training. Improve communication for employees - they are often left in the dark.

ungrateful for hard work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Montgomery, AL

ProsIt was a learning Experance

ConsLong work hours w/o compensation - no overtime pay or comp time.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange is not always good

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Working at Jackson Hospital

Systems Engineer (Current Employee) Montgomery, AL

ProsMy position at Jackson is challenging and rewarding. There is always something new to learn as technology changes.

ConsI really can’t think of anything negative to say here, I have worked in some bad environments and this is great, it is more like family.

My experience at Jackson has been very positive and a great learning experience.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Montgomery, AL

ProsIn my department, the staff is very caring and supportive. And i appreciated the support I received throughout my illness..

ConsAt times, I feel as though there's not enough of discipline for certain things that goes on. Like, cellphones usage.

Advice to Senior ManagementI appreciated the support from the HR Department and Mr. Henderson for approving donated time for me during my illness.

I thoroughly enjoy working here

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Montgomery, AL

Prosgood benefits, good working environment

Consslow to respond to change

Good overtime potential

Registered Nurse (Current Employee) Montgomery, AL

ProsGreat people, Good overtime potential, Good PCM support, Good unit.

ConsManagement is clueless a lot of the time when it comes to patient care (they have been out of it for too long)! We are having to make do with less staff, thus creating decreased satisfaction scores. There are some nurses who are constantly written up for making med errors, etc. and this is almost never addressed. It seems if one merely shows up to work and does not call in, one is guaranteed of a job, no matter how shoddy their work performance might be. This creates animosity among employees, compromises patient care and well being and is just plain irresponsible. Moreover, when getting report from certain individuals one has to constantly be looking "for the other shoe to fall" and to not get caught up in their incompetence. Most of us value our licensure and are not willing to have it put in harm's way because of unacceptable nursing practice on the aforementioned individual's part.

Advice to Senior ManagementLISTEN TO YOUR EMPLOYEES! Monthly Town Hall meetings where information may be shared and suggestions taken seriously would help a lot. An across the board raise would also be appreciated. Incentive to work overtime would be a plus. (One hospital I worked at would pay "Bonus bucks" in the form of $10 per hour extra ($120 per shift) if working extra. More effective use of prn staff (filling in for employees on vacation, leave, etc.) is always an alternative that seems to be routinely overlooked in this institution.

bad place to work

CNA (Current Employee) Montgomery, AL

Pros3 day work weeks were nice

Conseven though its a 3 day work week the mood of everyone makes it very deporessing, they say every other weekend ... but it is often at least 3 weekends a month ... the company pays no overtime , and require u to pay to putnhte hospital name on your uniforms

Advice to Senior Managementdo unto others as you would like done unto u

Great staffs

Registered Nurse (Current Employee)

Prosgreat staffs, this hospital keep growing and challenging new stuffs. working hard to improve their current status.

Conssalary is little low.. but comparing to other hospital it is same tho

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Worked for Jackson Hospital (Alabama)? Contribute to the Community!