Jackson-Madison County General Hospital

CEO

Director of Marketing & Public Relations

Former Employee - Director of Marketing & Public Relations in Ripley, WV
    Former Employee - Director of Marketing & Public Relations in Ripley, WV

I worked at Jackson-Madison County General Hospital full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Incredibly friendly staff and administrators, who take the time to get to know their employees and genuinely care about you as a person. The health and well being of Jackson County residents are their top priority. I was free to do my job without being micromanaged, and when I needed advice or direction, there was an open-door policy with the CEO. The healthcare benefits were superb.

Cons

Compared to other positions of this type in other markets, the pay may have been better. But the benefits, working conditions and attitude of my superiors and coworkers more than made up for this. Other than that, I could find no faults. I would most certainly recommend this hospital to my friends and family as a place to work AND receive quality healthcare.

Keep doing what you're doing. The good people of Jackson County need you.

It was good when I first came to the hospital, but as time passed I saw that it was more bad than good.

Former Employee - Patient Transporter in Jackson, TN
    Former Employee - Patient Transporter in Jackson, TN

I worked at Jackson-Madison County General Hospital part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Full time workers get health insurance and they are able to use their id badge to buy food in cafeteria subway and chick a fil which comes out of your next upcoming check.

Cons

It's a hospital so it's obvious that it is mostly busy all the time so there rarely are time to rest besides your break. Not all, but a lot of the employers are rude to other co workers and sometimes to the patients as well.

I would advise the management to try to do more for the other departments besides the nurses doctors and management. They are not the ones who work hard for the hospital.

Good people to work with.

Current Employee - Clinical Pharmacist in Jackson, TN
    Current Employee - Clinical Pharmacist in Jackson, TN

I have been working at Jackson-Madison County General Hospital full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Colleagues are friendly, dedicated and caring professionals with a strong work ethic. Quality patient care and safety are a top priority.

Cons

This is a very top down company with all ideas and suggestions for change coming from management. There are not a lot of opportunities for professional growth.

Directors have too much autonomy

I have been working at Jackson-Madison County General Hospital full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Large Hospital makes moving around to different departments an option.

Cons

Can't apply for any transfer to other depts. without first going to your current director. Lots of times they will sabotage attempts to transfer for various reasons, ..ie don't want to let you go, pissed that you want to transfer out as they take it as a negative reflection that anybody would transfer out of their department.

Personally have had a director tell me in almost these exact words, ' I can do what I want to and I don't have to answer to anybody'. Too much power in the directors hands.

Jmcgh an affiliate of West TN Healthcare

Current Employee - RN Quality Department in Jackson, TN
    Current Employee - RN Quality Department in Jackson, TN

Pros

Good people to work with. 403 b available.

Cons

Newer employees can be better paid than old ones. No longer offer pension plan. Recent layoffs of long term employees is a little concerning. I wish we knew the reason why.

Listen to the people on the frontlines before making decisions at the board level.