Jackson-Madison County General Hospital

Updated Mar 10, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Director of Marketing & Public Relations

Director of Marketing & Public Relations (Former Employee)
Ripley, WV

I worked at Jackson-Madison County General Hospital full-time for more than a year

ProsIncredibly friendly staff and administrators, who take the time to get to know their employees and genuinely care about you as a person. The health and well being of Jackson County residents are their top priority. I was free to do my job without being micromanaged, and when I needed advice or direction, there was an open-door policy with the CEO. The healthcare benefits were superb.

ConsCompared to other positions of this type in other markets, the pay may have been better. But the benefits, working conditions and attitude of my superiors and coworkers more than made up for this. Other than that, I could find no faults. I would most certainly recommend this hospital to my friends and family as a place to work AND receive quality healthcare.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing. The good people of Jackson County need you.

Directors have too much autonomy

I have been working at Jackson-Madison County General Hospital full-time for more than 5 years

ProsLarge Hospital makes moving around to different departments an option.

ConsCan't apply for any transfer to other depts. without first going to your current director. Lots of times they will sabotage attempts to transfer for various reasons, ..ie don't want to let you go, pissed that you want to transfer out as they take it as a negative reflection that anybody would transfer out of their department.

Advice to Senior ManagementPersonally have had a director tell me in almost these exact words, ' I can do what I want to and I don't have to answer to anybody'. Too much power in the directors hands.

Jmcgh an affiliate of West TN Healthcare

RN Quality Department (Current Employee)
Jackson, TN

I have been working at Jackson-Madison County General Hospital full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGood people to work with. 403 b available.

ConsNewer employees can be better paid than old ones. No longer offer pension plan. Recent layoffs of long term employees is a little concerning. I wish we knew the reason why.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the people on the frontlines before making decisions at the board level.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Worked for Jackson-Madison County General Hospital? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Jackson-Madison County General Hospital reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by Jackson-Madison County General Hospital employees.