Jackson Memorial Hospital

Jackson Memorial Hospital Reviews

Updated Jul 3, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Great place to train! But maybe not ideal to work after..

Neurology Resident (Current Employee)
    Miami, FL

ProsGreat residents to work with!

ConsCrazy work environment. Need to push people to do things in a timely manner.

Advice to Senior ManagementProbably need to hire more nursing staff..

work here in a heart beat

Staff Nurse-RN (Current Employee)

Prosabsolutely a wonderful place to learn new things!

Consunionized and it is weak. I personally don't think the union helped with any of the layoffs that happened.

Enjoy working and helping people

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Lawrenceville, GA

Prosgreat work environment surrounded by the best doctors and surgeons.
    work as team
    good pay and benefits

Consthe layoff and pay cuts is not meeting up to the economy standards
    management and employees not communicating anymore because theit afraid of termination

Advice to Senior Managementtreat everyone equal

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

12 hour shift

Pharmacy (Current Employee)
    Miami, FL

ProsWith the 12 hour shift, you can save this hospital tons of money but also save the hospital for getting hit with a lot of malpractice lawsuits, employees quitting and patients jumping on the staff because of waiting to long to be seen by a physicians. Employees are warned out, due to not have the adequate time off from work and have to deal with sick people 6 days a week with 1 day off in between a 5 day stretch.Also; give employees time enough to recover from the daily strain of taking care of sick patients. Also; give the employees time to spend with their families.

This hospital has so many issues, until you have a herd of people quitting and resigning at the same time.. 15 to 20 people leave a month at a time.

ConsThe people in the upper level divisions are not paying attention to want is really happening. The upper class management thought they did a good thing when they put the staff on 8 hour shift. Supposedly to save the hospital money by not paying the staff the 4 hours of overtime by weekly, which makes no since.. Since the staff has been on the 8 hour shift, there have been multitudes of overtime. Employees are making 84 to 100 hours of overtime a pay period. Which is costing the hospital more money, tired employees and a lot of call outs? There are more people on FMLA for the year of 2013 then any years that i have been their, which I have been there for over 20 years. This is the worst that i have seen this place since I've been here. The employees get no protection from the upper management and no concerns of want we are going through.

The upper division doesn’t give a d--- about the staff. As long as they get their holidays and the days off they request. The upper division doesn’t even talk to the staff on how to improve the facility. Their just looking to reprimand the employees and chastise each employee whenever they get a chance to write them up, without asking the employees their side of the story..

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to have meetings once a week with the employees to see what you all can do to improve the patient care, employee confront also want can you do to stop the call out and the unbelievable overtime.

You need to consider butting us back on the 12 hour shift, with the skeletal staff that you have now, due to quitting’s, firing and FMLA. That’s the only way you can have an adequate staff. Employees are tired.
    Even if you hire agency, once an agency employee see how unhappy the staff is, they do not have to come back to work for this hospital because they are not staff. They can always ask the agency that they work for to assign them somewhere else because of what they see. And they are not willing to risk a chance in loosing their license because of an unorganized, unhappy and upset staff.

Life changing years learn to work together help other become a better person

Supply Specialist (Former Employee)
    Miami, FL

Proslife and health insurance credit union Meeting people sharing becoming a part of

Consretiring leaving friends family and state

Advice to Senior Managementget to know your employee a happy employee is a trusted hardworking employee

Scrub tech

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood work environment, this institution offers excellent and safe patient care and posses great surgical teams.

ConsThere is hardly ever an opening

Good teaching hospital to work, great trauma center.

ProsTeaching hospital, level 1 trauma center

ConsFinancial Issues with hospital, but they are working to resolve issues

Manager

Manager (Current Employee)
    Miami, FL

ProsGreat teaching institution. Learn all the positives and negatives. politics at its best or worst.

ConsShort on cash, a lot of work and no staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on employee retention.

Probably changed with the financial issues, but used to be excellent place to work

Coder/Abstractor (Former Employee)
    Miami, FL

ProsLarge hospital, some cutting edge research, opportunity to learn and advance in your field. I found the nursing staff friendly, and each ward/section often very social/helpful to newbies. My manager liked employees to suggest ways to improve how the job was done.

ConsIt's in the Civic Center, so unless you take the train, traffic and parking is a mess. If you're sensitive to strong cleansers/scents, you will have issues (I did).

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Not a good one

Miami, FL

ProsKnowledge and experience in the workplace.

ConsNon appreciative superiors in work place.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou should know enough about the company's style to know that your management style will complement it. Possible styles include: task oriented (I'll enjoy problem-solving identifying what's wrong, choosing a solution and implementing it"), results-oriented ("Every management decision I make is determined by how it will affect the bottom line"), or even paternalistic ("I'm committed to taking care of my subordinates and pointing them in the right direction").

Worked for Jackson Memorial Hospital? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Jackson Memorial Hospital reviews and ratings. All 16 reviews posted anonymously by Jackson Memorial Hospital employees.