Jackson National Life Distributors

27 reviews filtered by
3.6
Jackson National Life Distributors President & CEO Michael A. Wells
Michael A. Wells

1. Great job out of school. Not without its flaws!

Former Employee - Internal Wholesaler in Denver, CO

I worked at Jackson National Life Distributors full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

License Up. If you want to get into Finance, Jackson is a great place to start. They invest in their employees and will sponser you to get your financial licenses. They will even reimburse certain amounts for future education.

Money. Out of school I made $50k my first year. By the time I left, I was approaching $80k. Great place to get going.

Training. They have their act together and help with sales, product and service training. The brightest people I met were the ones that taught me.

Cons

Politics. Of course its corporate. Certain people get promoted, and others that are more qualified do not. I considered the people at Jackson my family, but could not support certain actions taken by senior management. If you like climbing the corporate ladder by "knowing" certain people and kissing up, you will be welcome.

Middle Management. 4/5 of them will micromanage. They have nothing better to do and make way to much money for their own good.

Diversity. It's a white man's world.

Advice to Management

You are investing in your employees, good job. Stop micro-managing and increase transparency on why certain decisions are made. People feel empowered when they are kept in the loop.

2. Amazing opportunity if you can stomach the competition and pressure.

Former Employee - RVP
    Former Employee - RVP

I worked at Jackson National Life Distributors full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Opportunity, training, competitive culture, amazing sales support, best sales desk in the industry, Great mid-level executives leading the sales desk, if you really are good, this is a great place to shine because it will immediately create transformational opportunity.

Cons

Changes in the sales structure and focus has caused Jackson to lose their way. Executive management seemed to be getting more out of touch. Communication from Sr. management has suffered over the years.

Advice to Management

Remember to communicate your vision to your employees. You used to do that really well, which made people believe they were part of something special.

3. Used to promote from within. No more opportunities.

Current Employee - Internal Wholesaler in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Internal Wholesaler in Denver, CO

I have been working at Jackson National Life Distributors full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-Great employees
    -Great place to start a career
    -Great training

Cons

-Terrible work/life balance
    - Pay not in par with industry standards
    -Sales driven organization

Advice to Management

- Stop being greedy. You are losing top talent to other organizations. Too much favoritism.

5. Internship, JNLD Sales Support

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Jackson National Life Distributors

Pros

Great location, work conditions. Very good benefits, open door policy.

Cons

Job openings in the down economy. I was in a smaller department, which made it difficult to advance. Should be very different now with the better economy.

Advice to Management

Open door policy, mentors

6. Give and Take

Former Employee - External Wholesaler in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - External Wholesaler in San Diego, CA

I worked at Jackson National Life Distributors full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

elite management. Work hard and you will see $$ rewards. You eat what you kill

Cons

capacity. 4th quarter could be dicey with limits to production

Advice to Management

Keep an eye on the human nature of capitalist employment

7. Great overall company

Former Employee - Internal Wholesaler in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Internal Wholesaler in Nashville, TN

I worked at Jackson National Life Distributors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Likes to hire from within and is positioned to provide all the necessary training for your success.

Cons

Very little room to be your own person with strong focus on corporate goals. If this isn't your personality then you will probably not enjoy the work atmosphere.

8. Great place to start in the financial services industry with career advancement opportunities but pay is below average.

Former Employee - Internal Wholesaler in Denver, CO

I worked at Jackson National Life Distributors full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Career Development - If you are willing to relocate
    Training
    Opportunity
    Friendly co-workers
    Great benefits

Cons

Work life balance
    College like atmosphere
    Product changes

9. Losing their way

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Jackson National Life Distributors full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great and extremely talented people. Senior Management is easily accessible and truly has an open door policy. Use to be a good amount of opportunities for advancement, but unfortunately that has fallen by the wayside.

Cons

Room for advancement outside of sales is pretty much non-existent. It has become a typical corporate rat race and promotions are hard to come by. There is really no work/life balance as they work you to the bone with minimal appreciation. Salary for no -sales associates is extremely disappointing which is starting to have an impact on hiring quality individuals and forcing associates to leave to inferior firms inspire of the risks. Also need to work on diversity at upper levels.

Advice to Management

Don't forget how Jackson became so successful audit was from promoting those who worked hard and we're highly motivated. Don't dismiss the talent you currently have because of the current abundant job pool.

10. Great Company

Former Employee - Intern in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Intern in Denver, CO

I worked at Jackson National Life Distributors full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Best Management I've had and the company atmosphere is great.

Cons

Most jobs are desk jobs and can become repetitive.

Advice to Management

Keep things fresh!

11. Lost their way

Former Employee - Inside Sales in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Inside Sales in Denver, CO

I worked at Jackson National Life Distributors full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Above average benefits. Young atmosphere can be conducive for making friends. Good location easily accessible my major freeways.

Cons

Once great culture now very political. To Jackson's credit, they've had great products over the years and are now considered one of the best at what they do, however, they now have a regulatory target on their back which results in ridiculous compliance standards and combine that with changes in senior management the past few years, it trickles down to be a very political and scary environment for your job and security. There is no job security even if you bring in a lot of business.

Advice to Management

Sometimes the best decisions made are to not pull the trigger on something that ultimately takes you away from what you've always been good at. One of those ideologies you used to be good at is keep things simple and empowering your salespeople, you used to let your salespeople think for themselves, don't regulate and dictate everything.