Jackson National Life

Updated September 11, 2014
3.1

Jackson National Life President & CEO Michael Wells
Michael Wells

Pros
  • Beautiful building; good salary; good benefits (in 15 reviews)

• Great benefits/ vacation time (although I never felt comfortable taking extended vacations) (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Work- life balance does not exist if you want to be in upper management (in 6 reviews)

• Operations associates have to work long hours with no schedule (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

2 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Very disappointing, You either sink or swim - Every Man or Woman for themself - job stability, Iffy!!

Former Employee - Non Financial/Financial Processor in Franklin, TN
    Former Employee - Non Financial/Financial Processor in Franklin, TN

I worked at Jackson National Life full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Nice enviroment, nice cafeteria, good benefits..... That's It!!!

Cons

I started with the company when they first arrived in Franklin, TN. I was very exciting at the beginning..... had a lot of boosting and encouragement by the company at the beginnig when I started... There were a lot more people that came on board....as we grew, things continued to change. Different departments transferred to this location from Lansing, Business was booming even more.... I felt very secure and comfortable with the company I worked for, and was doing pretty good for a while. As things started to settle, a little.... things started to change even more.... Not for the good. I will say, its not what you know, it's who you know..... Team work? this is a thing of the past.....competition, YES! Trying to get use to your own job and having to learn 4 to 5 other jobs at the same time, very stressful. Tons of multi-tasking , I will say. As far as the pay, for all the work you have to do? I don't think so.... Not enough per hour. I also will say that I don't approve of how everyone's productivity is broadcasted in a report on everyone's daily work progress which i feel should be between the supervisor and the employee. If the productivy numbers aren't up to par, you get warnings, then write ups, then.... terminated. This company is very numbers driven..... I am no longer with the company by my own choice. It took me a while to actually want to talk about this and this is not a complaint.....nor am I being disgruntal. This is just from my experience and I hope and pray that no one else has to go thru this ..... I actually started my own business, and I am doing very very well with it and I am very happy now.

Shape up or ship out!!!

Decent experience for an intern, poor at everything else

Former Employee - Software Development Intern in Franklin, TN
    Former Employee - Software Development Intern in Franklin, TN

I worked at Jackson National Life as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

-Tasty cafeteria.
    -Subsidized intern housing (with a big caveat).
    -Exposure to management.

Cons

-Terrible pay; WAY below market rate for developers.
    -Misleading offer. They mentioned interns would be taxed on housing, but said the tax wouldn't be noticeable. Half my paycheck went to taxes because they put interns in a $60/night hotel. Would have much rather taken the $60 a day and found my own housing, but the option wasn't given. No transparency regarding cost or how housing was chosen. Response to all the interns' complaints: "We told you you'd be taxed, deal with it."
    -Formal work attire, need to donate to charity in order to even wear jeans on Fridays, but then you have to buy and wear a Jackson shirt with the jeans. When asked about a more casual dress code for non-client facing people the response was "It's always been this way."
    -Micromanagement: they monitor you like a hawk down to the last minute. If your payroll timesheet and and analytics time sheets don't match up, expect a meeting with your manager.
    -Half the workers are from India and are extremely difficult to understand.

Pay better, be more transparent with interns, relax on the dress code for developers.