Jackson Therapy

The company is good

Current Employee - Physical Therapist  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Physical Therapist in Boston, MA

I have been working at Jackson Therapy part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Easy money love it job

Cons

Hate money and job ok

Be nice to others and pay more

experience

I worked at Jackson Therapy

Pros

Great pay, great people, always paid on time, great staff, great insurance

Cons

Long hour, not kept informed, long hours, demanding, tiresome

Kepping working hard

Horrible company

Former Employee - Sales  in  Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Sales in Orlando, FL

I worked at Jackson Therapy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They try to hide all the crappy parts of this company under a shiny gloss of company events and upbeat music. So if all you care about is feeling like your at a party at work, and company events, then you have found the company for you.

Cons

No real leadership, no real direction or plan. Horrible employee resources when it comes to the HR dept, but I guess that's what you get with a horrible leader for it. Horrible pay. Favoritism is obvious, that's just the way the company has always run. Honestly I would tell anyone that if they have another option to take it. This company is not a company you want to make your career at. Taking a vacation was also unheard of. While I worked there, unless you were one of the chosen favorites, if you took a vacation, you were fired when you came back.

fire yourselves? Guess that won't happen. I would say get a new HR director. Then learn how to read the industry and learn what your competitors are doing and how to plan accordingly. Then learn how to treat your employees like they are actually valued, and not with some cheap events and parties.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Been there done that

I have been working at Jackson Therapy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Environment, the camaraderie among the team is really good. We worked hard but there was good team activities also like the Corporate 5k, potluck lunches and other activities. The company is very charitably minded.

Cons

Traffic on University Blvd. is tough during morning hours during times that UCF is in session. The atmosphere is sometimes noisy but people are working hard.

Keep on doing what you are. The team is getting better.

Good people, subpar compensation for the industry, unprofessional work environment

Former Employee - Business Development  in  Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Business Development in Orlando, FL

I worked at Jackson Therapy full-time for less than a year

Pros

Casual work environment, lack of micro-management, fun group of people

Cons

Commissions not adequate for work put in, LOUD music playing all day (including vulgar material, as management likes this station), unprofessionalism galore, clique type of environment, and there is favoritism shown toward senior reps when it comes to leads and rules of engagement. Desks aren't even cubes, you can reach over and touch your neighbor, no privacy to conduct business.

Structure territories to be fair, stop the loud and offensive music, we are adults.

Excellent teamwork when there isn't blatant favoritism

Former Employee - National Recruiter  in  Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - National Recruiter in Orlando, FL

I worked at Jackson Therapy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Hands down the office culture is the best thing about JTP. Someone complained about the music playing through the office, but it's meant to motivate the team and get people excited to work and make 100+ calls. The best manager I ever had in my life came from JTP, someone I still consider a mentor. We had a few true leaders who where masters of their craft. They tried very hard to get the whole company involved to work as a team with everything from filling certain jobs to pot lucks. They always tried to think outside the box and come up with new ways to gain business and grow the company further. They are a genuine group of people and most everyone got along. Most people leave because the job is stressful and challenging, but the company itself is great.

Cons

Although they had some stellar managers, they also had managers who were clearly promoted by favoritism and not because they were the best person for the job. Even though they tried to think outside the box, many ideas that were brought to the table by "non-favorites" or non management either weren't brought into fruition or took a long time to be implemented. They had to deal with a severely declining market and didn't have a solid strategy to deal with it. They definitely could pay more compared to what their competitors are offering but they absolutely promote from within very often.

Consider annual salary reviews. Even with a commission structure it's important to treat your tenured people as such. Stick with managers who aren't just great cheerleaders, but can truly lead the team and do the job exceptionally.

Current Employee - Jack Trader  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Jack Trader in New York, NY

I have been working at Jackson Therapy full-time for more than a year

Pros

I love this type of work. It will prepare you to face the challenges in what career you choose.

Cons

You will have to do independent work, and provide services without assistance. You will work remotely, but you will learn how to manage a project.

This company is awful

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Orlando, FL

I worked at Jackson Therapy full-time for more than a year

Pros

I guess I enjoyed the music, but it was totally unprofessional. It also got old having people ask me why I was doing business in a bar or club. The offensive words that really don't belong in an office also got annoying when the person on the other end of the phone had a problem with it.

Cons

Like the other person said, VERY clique environment. They totally promote based on favoritism. They fire people purely based on who they don't like, it has nothing to do with work ability. I'm putting pot lucks in the cons, frankly they are gross. I also don't see how this is a benefit the company is giving me since all the employees are the ones who spend the money and time to make and bring in food.

pay correctly, raise your standards to industry level for documentation. Learn how to be a manager in general?

Great to work!

I worked at Jackson Therapy

Pros

The staff was great and was always willing to work with other employees to help them improve their skills. The pay was acceptable and the workplace culture was wonderful.

Cons

The pay, while acceptable, wasn't great. I worked longer hours than I was told I would but I would not be praised by management for doing so. Also, I have found that other employees at the same level were making 5-10% less than I was even though they often worked on weekends.

Worst Place Ever.

Former Employee - Not Important  in  Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Not Important in Orlando, FL

I worked at Jackson Therapy full-time for more than a year

Pros

I was paid with real money so at least my bills were paid until I could find a real career.

Cons

everything, the management doesn't care about the people. The executive are only there to keep the company limping along so they can keep getting paid. While I was there they cut all sales commissions by 50%, so people had to work twice as hard to make what they did the previous week. Their HR exec is totally unqualified and doesn't do anything. It took me months to get answers to my health insurance questions. The management will look for someone to pin all the blame on and fire that person, making the execs happy, but never actually solving any problems. They try to act like they are all fun and young by pumping LOUD top 40 through speakers in the ceiling all day. In the end it just makes them sound unprofessional.

hire people who are actually qualified to manage, and instead of being greedy and giving yourself raises, reward those who work hard and put in the extra hours that you demand from people.

Worked for Jackson Therapy? Contribute to the Community!