Jackson Wealth Management

Updated December 16, 2014
Updated December 16, 2014
1.9

GEORGE P. JACKSON

My job gives me the opportunity to make a difference – I feel that I am really helping people – the firm’s clients.

I have been working at Jackson Wealth Management full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

There are many things that I love about this firm. I love the work environment. Job is challenging because of the complexity of client issues that arise, making the job fun and challenging.
    I have learned so much working there.
    Highly ethical firm, you will never see the firm cross outside the ethical lines – which makes me proud to work there.

Cons

People have to work hard at this firm, but the learning is amazing.

Keep up the great work for clients

I credit the owner of this company with my success in this industry!

Former Employee - Licensed Sales Assistant in Lake Mary, FL
    Former Employee - Licensed Sales Assistant in Lake Mary, FL

I worked at Jackson Wealth Management full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

If I had not relocated my family, I would likely still be employed at this firm. It is a fast paced environment where you are inspired to perform to your best ability. The fast paced and demanding work environment taught me many skills that are attributed to my professional and personal successes in life, such as time management, multi-tasking and relationship management. I am thankful for the 8 years I was able to work here. I still keep in touch with the owner and co-workers that are still employed there.

Cons

It was a very challenging and time demanding job. But, if I was not pushed to be my best, and if the owner did not expect 110% from me, I do not think I would be in the position I am today.

Continue to expect the best!

Do Not Work Here

I have been working at Jackson Wealth Management full-time

Pros

You learn how to quickly respond when verbally attacked by the owner. You also learn to be super detailed as your every move is watched via email, or with the cameras in all areas of the work area. You learn to over analyze and not make mistakes in fear of losing your job.

Cons

Expect emails at 2 a.m. and rants about how awful you are (via email of course because he can hide behind that). Beware and do not respond back- he will use it against you and withhold your pay.People leave and are fired for no reason- simply because he can do it. He will sue you. He will withhold your pay. He will fire you. He will hold your money ransom just because he thinks he can get away with it. People will not be paid accordingly and bonus plans will be changed after the fact and there is nothing you can do about it. This place can break you as a person. No amount of money (and the pay is not even that great) is ever worth it.

I would strongly recommend counseling. Every college educated financial professional that has walked though your doors has helped afford the lifestyle you have now. Be humble. Respect others. Your character speaks volumes and there is not a bank account or investment account for that matter that trumps that. Sell what is left and get right with your maker.

Worst Employment experience of my career... I wish I had never heard of Jackson Wealth

Current Employee - Wealth Advisor in Lake Mary, FL
    Current Employee - Wealth Advisor in Lake Mary, FL

I have been working at Jackson Wealth Management full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Very high profile industry can be exciting at times. Great industry for future growth with top level firms

Cons

Stressful work environment with an ruthless owner. Questionable practices. High turnover with a revolving door of people in and out. Owner gets most of his staff right out of college and naïve enough to submit to the ridiculous employment agreements. Horror stories of suing or threatening to sue any employee who quits from wealth advisor to receptionist. There have been incidents of him sending letters to peoples new employers with negative comments out of spite.

sell the business to someone with a heart

It's all true!!!

I worked at Jackson Wealth Management full-time

Pros

You get the chance to have a lot of responsibility quickly and learn
    You do have the opportunity to make some good connections from the current employees who also got suckered in to the firm.

Cons

You won't get appreciated (or paid) for any of your additional work and added responsibility. Absolutely no training. You get completely taken advantage of and employee moral is very low. Everything said in all of these posts is completely true.

Sell the firm.

This place was so crazy we could have created a reality show. Stay FAR FAR AWAY

I worked at Jackson Wealth Management full-time

Pros

Because of the low morale and constant mental beatings, you learn to develop thick skin and also learn all the things you will not incorpate into your professional career. You learn how not to treat people. You also establish a warped sense of humor around all things work related.

Cons

A small private company who's CEO, Compliance, and HR are the Owner- so good luck with EVER addressing workplace issues, the way you are treated, your compensation, or moving up in the company. Your job role will change every day due to the bipolar firedrills from the owner. He will manipulate and he find a way to not pay you what was agreed upon. His ego feeds upon making others miserable. He will pick on one employee for a while and then switch to another. And also future victims: He requires a three year agreement for you to sign before accepting the position and get this- if you leave within that time period or if he fires you YOU WILL OWE HIM $50K!! He will slap you with a lawsuit as soon as he kicks you out and then will take your last paycheck and apply that to the balance of what you "owe" him. Absoutely awful. He preys on those out of a job or right out of school- those who could never afford to pay him in the first place. The interview will go great and you will think this would be a great place to work. It is all a sham. No matter how desperate- STAY AWAY. What looks too good to be true ALWAYS is.

Stay away - New employees are required to sign contracts that if you quit OR are fired, you owe the owner $50,000.

Former Employee - Advisor in Lake Mary, FL
    Former Employee - Advisor in Lake Mary, FL

I worked at Jackson Wealth Management full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

•You gain a vast array of knowledge quickly, if you can handle it.
    •Pays your insurance premium (does not cover any family at all, though)
    • Decent retirement plan (but good luck making it 5 years to get pension vesting)

Cons

•Absolutely no training.
    •You work directly under the owner, who treats you as if he owns you.
    •Highly stressful
    •Very low pay for the amount of workload / industry standards.
    •Absolutely NO work life balance.
    •Owner constantly says he can do everything better than you, but never offers to help.
    •Employee turnover before I left was literally 100% a year. And there were usually only 8 employees.
    •Everything is your fault
    •Owner literally sends emails saying "I expect you to read my mind and answer questions before i ask them"
    •Too much to list, just stay away.

Sell the place.

Extremely stressful with little to no resources/assistance available; I would recommend avoiding employment at this firm

Former Employee - Wealth Advisor in Lake Mary, FL
    Former Employee - Wealth Advisor in Lake Mary, FL

I worked at Jackson Wealth Management full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very easy to climb the ladder due to huge amounts of turnover
    You are able to take on tons of responsibility very quickly
    Decent healthcare benefits if you are single
    401k and pension plan. 401k is safe harbor and pension has 2-6 year vesting due to being top heavy

Cons

No resources available to employees to assist them. Limited financial software and you have to buy your own office supplies.
    You have to pay for all of the fees associated with licensing with no assistance from the firm
    Bonus plan changes every quarter
    Very low salary in comparison to the amount of work you do
    Extremely stressful environment
    Principal used to be a CPA so he runs the firm like an accountant's office. You have scheduled hours and scheduled lunch hour, if you are late to starting your lunch you still need to be back by the designated end
    Principal has a horrible reputation in the industry, so working with supposed business partners is extremely difficult because they do not want to assist this firm in any way
    New employees are forced to sign 3 year contract as condition of employment, if you quit within 3 years you owe the principal $50,000 and he will sue you to collect without hesitation. I started before these came into existence, but I know of 3 ex-employees who are currently fighting lawsuits.
    Owner micromanages everything employees do all the way down to the font in excel spreadsheets

This was by far the most stressful place I have ever worked. I would advise avoiding working here. You are paid very little and are emotionally abused daily.

My advice would be higher starting salaries, a set bonus plan that is fair to employees, and getting new management/principal. This firm has massive amounts of potential, however the owner will never get out of his own way. If he treated his staff better, it would reduce the turnover and he would be able to keep employees from quitting so frequently.

BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE Make sure you read everything you sign and consider it cafefully.

Former Employee - Wealth Manager in Lake Mary, FL
    Former Employee - Wealth Manager in Lake Mary, FL

I worked at Jackson Wealth Management full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Exciting industry, sadly not much positive to offer about this firm but you will get an inside view of how small firms run. On the up side if you can work under these conditions, you will excel anywhere esle you go.

Cons

difficult work environment, You are required to sign an employee training reimbursement when hired. This agreement states you owe the firm $50000 is you leave within 3 years. I saw 8 people come and go in the short time I was with the firm.

Treat employees fairly and they would stay. Keep the owner away from the staff