Jackson Wealth Management Reviews

4.6
GEORGE P. JACKSON

1. OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE

I have been working at Jackson Wealth Management

Pros

I have been working at Jackson Wealth Management for more than 5 years. Job is challenging because of the complexity of clients issues that arise. Fast paced and demanding which make the work more interesting. Everyday is a different. Employees are great team players. Benefits match up to any company.

Cons

None that I can think of.

2. Superb Place to Work!!

Current Employee - Wealth Advisor
    Current Employee - Wealth Advisor

I have been working at Jackson Wealth Management

Pros

The work Environment has a family feel, and everyone is in the office is willing to help each other on various projects. There is also adequate room for growth, and continous challenging tasks that will help you hone your skills

Cons

NONE at this time

3. Great Opportunity

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Mary, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Mary, FL

I have been working at Jackson Wealth Management full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The potential to build a long term career as an Advisor and have deep rooted relationships with great clients who appreciate having their money managed by a strategy that has proven to work makes this company a perfect fit. If you have worked for corporate america and are tired of getting pennies on the dollar for your efforts, and always having to restart quarterly with quotas that continue to rise and having to push products and strategies that are mediocre, then you will appreciate this opportunity even more.

Cons

Previous employees who bad mouth the company because they were too lazy to call clients and put forth a minimal effort to chase their dreams, and can't handle constructive criticism when they are being held accountable to meet minimum goals and activity levels

Advice to Management

Continue to improve the culture of the work force, because the clients are supremely satisfied and loyal, especially those who were around when markets are crashing and Jackson protected them unlike other money managers.

5. "Great People attract great people"

I have been working at Jackson Wealth Management full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have worked for the firm for 17 years. Clients are well accomplished themselves which makes the job interesting. The firm has PhDs, executives, highly educated, polished accomplished people - family oriented - nice bright people - easy to work with. I love the camaraderie that is formed with co-workers. I love being a part of something larger that makes a difference - the firm makes a huge impact on the client's lives - by always being 100% ethical and honest in everything the firm does. I love the variety. Everyday is different and I get to interact with such a varied group. It means I am always learning. Excellent benefits - the benefits match up with Fortune 1000 companies or better.The pay is competitive and bonuses are generous.The 401(k) plan is great with a large matching plus substantial profit sharing contribution, that you do not see with Fortune 1000 companies. I have never worked for a firm so obsessed with serving clients.

Cons

We work hard here for the clients

Advice to Management

Management is awesome, which makes the job enjoyable

6. Good work

I have been working at Jackson Wealth Management full-time

Pros

I love having the freedom to experiment and fail, and still support my actions. I love that everyone cares and that you have flexibility when needed.I love the variety. Every day is different and I get to interact with such a varied group. It means I am always learning.

Cons

People have to work hard at this firm, but the learning is amazing

Advice to Management

Awesome work!

7. Small firm with Huge Opportunities. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!

Current Employee - Client Service Manager in Lake Mary, FL
    Current Employee - Client Service Manager in Lake Mary, FL

I have been working at Jackson Wealth Management part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have never worked for a firm so obsessed with serving clients. I learned a lot about how to manage customer relationships. I love being a part of something larger that makes a difference - the firm makes a huge impact on the client's lives by always being 100% honest and ethical in everything that the firm does. This job challenges me every single day in new and different ways. I love the people that I work with. If you want to learn financial planning, this is the place to learn. Firm is very flexible in giving time off to do personal obligations and it fits well with the other areas of my life. The pay is competitive. Everybody genuinely cares about what they do here.

Cons

Extremely hands on. you have to be willing to challenge yourself and learn from some of the best in the business. Success is not handed to you, and the learning concept in this firm reinforces this idea superbly.

8. JWM

I have been working at Jackson Wealth Management

Pros

The firm is a boutique comprehensive wealth manager – and as such you get the opportunity to learn all facets of the wealth management business. You are not pigeon holed into one small task that you repeat over-and-over again all day. This is not a boring job, at all.

Cons

Owner of the firm is scary smart and dedicated to serving the clients.

9. Great Company - Lots of Opportunity

Current Employee - Client Services Manager
    Current Employee - Client Services Manager

I have been working at Jackson Wealth Management part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've had a great experience at Jackson Wealth Management so far, there are plenty of opportunities to improve and learn, which is important to me. The employees are all friendly and the culture is fun.

Cons

We spend a lot of time focusing on client services, and since there are a lot of clients, it can be difficult to manage sometimes.

10. Learning Curve is Exponential Here

Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Lake Mary, FL
    Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Lake Mary, FL

I have been working at Jackson Wealth Management full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

At Jackson Wealth Management, you will service polished and accomplished clients who have been apart of the firm for several years and are really nice to work with that make your job a lot easier. The firm provides a lot of flexibility for personal days off and if you are a graduate student and/or continuing your education, the firm is very understanding and encouraging for you to do so. The work atmosphere is a team effort and you connect with each other as if you were family. I transitioned from college to beginning my career with this firm and have gained a deeper understanding of the financial industry, as well as, people skills and how to properly engage with clients. Client issues may become complex, this will keep you sharp and on your toes. This is a boutique firm which means you will be performing a variety of tasks and leave a lot of opportunities for challenging experiences. If you are specifically looking to become a Certified Financial Planner, this is the best to be. You may be eligible to be reimbursed, granted you complete and pass the courses. Not only is this a learning environment, but we maintain a good balance in the office by getting a little competitive on the ping pong table and dart board. Overall, thus far, I enjoy my experience at the firm and look forward to my future here!

Cons

If you are not prepared for the opportunity to engage with clients and provide outstanding customer service, this is not the place for you. Also, you must be prepared to expand your horizon because you will complete a variety of tasks.

11. Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Client Services Manager in Lake Mary, FL
    Current Employee - Client Services Manager in Lake Mary, FL

I have been working at Jackson Wealth Management full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been working here for a little over 6 months and I love my coworkers. The quality of my team makes the job very enjoyable. We have a very diversified group with many differing outlooks for growth and development within the firm. Many of our clients have been with us for quite some time and it is very exciting to learn about them on a personal level. Seeing that some of our clients are so well established it gives me more drive to pursue my goals and achieve more within this firm. The skills that I have acquired in my short time working here will serve me well in my career and in my personal life for a long time to come. The owner is very knowledgeable in all facets of wealth management. This job is very flexible when it comes to taking days off or needing personal time. There are excellent benefits attached to working here and the bonuses are generous. Pretty fun place to work and if you ever need a little downtime we have darts and ping pong to ease your mind.

Cons

We work at an accelerated pace and everything is very hands on. I wouldn't necessarily say its a con unless you find it hard to keep up.

RSS Feed </> Embed