Jacobs Engineering

Jacobs Engineering Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Jacobs Engineering President, CEO, and Director Craig L. Martin

Craig L. Martin

Pros
  • Good pay and benefits, flexible work schedule with half days on Fridays(in 31 reviews)

• Good working relationships & good people was primary motivation for a long period at Jacobs(in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • How does this make any sense for a company that has the slogan "people are our greatest asset"(in 20 reviews)

• Our department tried to purchase 2 new laptops for new senior management(in 19 reviews)

Designer position. I was an engineering tech before they bought the company I had 20 plus years in.

Designer (Former Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsThe money was good. the Insurance was pretty good too.

ConsPeople in my department weren't very friendly. I was treated like a temp.

Advice to Senior Managementthey don't care

Senior Piping Designer

ProsQualified people, great culture, easy access via traffic patterns

ConsTraining is coming (finally) but limited and at a very topical level.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest much more in developing Piping in the US

Jacobs

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) Dugway, UT

ProsThe benefits are good and the company matches the 401K,

ConsTo many upper management family members working for the company

Advice to Senior ManagementRe-consider the requirements for career advancement, many of the requirements are unattainable.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very poor management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Proscompetitive pay rates and many levels of advancement

Constop heavy management with no clue

Advice to Senior Managementlisten to the people that are doing the work not pretending to do the work.

Good Enough

Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsGood Salary, Great Project Delivery Capabilities.

ConsBig Company therefore you must conform.

A Large Firm with Typical Challenges

ProsPay is good and work can be interesting. Employee stock purchase plan is a nice benefit.

ConsCareer paths are ill defined and most career advancement decisions are extremely subjective. Hours, like any technical services firm, can be long. The growth strategy via acquisitions makes multi-office work challenging and little to no corporate culture. They need to invest more in technology and reliable systems so employees have reliable tools to get work completed. Often times, processes are archaic.

Advice to Senior ManagementLittle to no accountability -- you are not leading nor managing. There is little advancement for mid and senior level staff. Feedback from staff is discussed but often overlooked nor acted upon.

The Best of the Best

Project Manager (Former Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsThe firm offers the best technical projects in the industry and attracts the best talent. Salaries are above industry average with excellent autonomy. Work there if you can!

ConsWith the above average salaries you can expect a very high level of competition and a few individuals hand picked for the best projects.

Advice to Senior ManagementJacobs has won projects through relationships and not necessarily through cost competition. This is sometimes a result of corporate pressure to maintain margin. Perhaps 'buy' some strategic projects on smaller margins. Professional Services is certainly a tough balancing act!

Good company, but needs to re-evaluate salary scales.

ProsSupportive environment with excellent learning opportunities

ConsLower than average pay and benefits (time off, 401k contribution, medical, holidays)
    Bonuses are few and far between.

Advice to Senior ManagementRaise salary scales. There are state positions with far better packages in both pay and benefits.

Current worker

ProsLove the company! people are great and very informative. I've only been here for a couple of months but I can say i am fitting right in

Consnone, keep doing what you are doing

Satisfied

ProsThis is a wonderful company to work for.

ConsI have nothing bad to say thus far.

Worked for Jacobs Engineering? Contribute to the Community!