Jacobs Engineering

Jacobs Engineering Reviews

Updated Jul 28, 2014

Jacobs Engineering President, CEO, and Director Craig L. Martin

Craig L. Martin

Pros
  • Good pay and benefits, flexible work schedule with half days on Fridays(in 31 reviews)

• Good working relationships & good people was primary motivation for a long period at Jacobs(in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • How does this make any sense for a company that has the slogan "people are our greatest asset"(in 20 reviews)

• Our department tried to purchase 2 new laptops for new senior management(in 19 reviews)

Really enjoyed the work

Designer/Project Coordinator (Current Employee) Battle Creek, MI

ProsEnjoyed being on the road working on projects with the client. Also enjoyed being in the office working on project and discussing with other engineers project issues.

ConsMy current title was designer / project coordinator there was no training on what you need to know about project coordinator. Issues what management - they had all there eggs in one basket we only had one major account and the contract was not renewed that's why the office closed in July 2014!!!!

Beneficial notch on the belt.

Survey Technician, LSIT (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsFostering environment, exposure to many industry practices

ConsA lot of adherence to inefficient corporate policies.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe're all in this together.

The company has many pros but also a few cons.

Project Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe work is interesting and the salary is fair. They have a great reputation that they try to cultivate. They seem to be truly concerned about safety on the job and in the home. If you're willing to relocate there seem to be many national and international opportunities.

Conswe're expected to pay for a large part of the health insurance. in our local office, and particular division there are not that many projects.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive us a break on what we're expected to pay for health insurance.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good old Jacobs

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood US company, very very good

ConsNothing I can say till now

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the good work

Excellent safety culture and training, professional development opportunities lacking

Hydrogeologist (Former Employee) Oak Ridge, TN

ProsLarge, multi-disciplinary projects that extend over years.

ConsDue to increasing size, company not interested in pursuing smaller jobs that offer interesting technical challenges.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo a better job of recognizing in-house, high-performing workers and give the career advancement opportunities.

Been great, They have been very supportive and willing to teach!

Piping Designer (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsI love my project team.

ConsI go to school full time as well so thats what I am struggling with.

Professional Environment

Process Engineer III (Former Employee)

ProsKnowledgeable and professional. Work life balance when working as a contractor

ConsSome of the customers give new meaning to the word "challenging"

Very Disappointing

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsHigher salaries then expected however it comes with a catch...

ConsMost managers do not seem to have knowledge of the departments they lead. They spew how they value employees however if your a not a complete follower and lie to the clients they provide services for, you are blackballed. They will keep the very low level inexperienced Managers & personnel and lie to the clients telling them they are the cream of the crop. They pay higher salaries to recruit individuals however your let go due to their work is very unsteady. Bad reputation in some markets.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart really listening to the people who actually do the work. Most of your Dept Managers are overpaid and contribute little.

All about billable hours

Project Manager (Former Employee) Appleton, WI

ProsGreat format for Project management

ConsIt is all about billable hours. No billable hours, you are gone

This company is fun to work for but employment depends on market so don't depend on them for long term employment.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsVery safety conscience and family environment. The pay is good. They give incentives for being healthy.

ConsThey need more economical (better) benefit packages for healthcare. They have a tendency to please the customer at the workers expense (60+ hours a week) so this needs to be more balanced.

Advice to Senior ManagementBalance customer's needs with internal ability instead of allowing surges in work hours and have a more defined plan on work share with other Jacob's offices.

Worked for Jacobs Engineering? Contribute to the Community!