Jacobs Engineering

Jacobs Engineering Reviews

Updated Jul 31, 2014

Jacobs Engineering President, CEO, and Director Craig L. Martin

Craig L. Martin

Pros
  • Good pay and benefits, flexible work schedule with half days on Fridays (in 31 reviews)

• Good working relationships & good people was primary motivation for a long period at Jacobs (in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • How does this make any sense for a company that has the slogan "people are our greatest asset" (in 20 reviews)

• Our department tried to purchase 2 new laptops for new senior management (in 19 reviews)

More Highlights

High pay. Ok benefits. Flexible schedule

ProsHigh pay. Ok benefits. Flexible schedule

ConsFavortism. Management not interested in your personal growth.

You might wait tables first.

Project Architect (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsPleasant enough if you are not part of Carter Burgess take over.

ConsNo chance for advancement unless you become a company man or bring in a juicy client, like the US Army. To many Jacobs employees let go so the idiotic Carter Burgess buyout transition would be smooth.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't be afraid to tell upper management that they are doing something stupid. No, be afraid. Be very afraid. To upper management; I would get on meds to avoid the heart attack you are going to have when someone figures out that you are ripe for takeover.

Great place to work if working at HQ

ProsFreedom to set your own schedule

ConsContract based so must rebid every few years

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Really enjoyed the work

Designer/Project Coordinator (Current Employee) Battle Creek, MI

ProsEnjoyed being on the road working on projects with the client. Also enjoyed being in the office working on project and discussing with other engineers project issues.

ConsMy current title was designer / project coordinator there was no training on what you need to know about project coordinator. Issues what management - they had all there eggs in one basket we only had one major account and the contract was not renewed that's why the office closed in July 2014!!!!

Beneficial notch on the belt.

Survey Technician, LSIT (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsFostering environment, exposure to many industry practices

ConsA lot of adherence to inefficient corporate policies.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe're all in this together.

Very Disappointing

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsHigher salaries then expected however it comes with a catch...

ConsMost managers do not seem to have knowledge of the departments they lead. They spew how they value employees however if your a not a complete follower and lie to the clients they provide services for, you are blackballed. They will keep the very low level inexperienced Managers & personnel and lie to the clients telling them they are the cream of the crop. They pay higher salaries to recruit individuals however your let go due to their work is very unsteady. Bad reputation in some markets.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart really listening to the people who actually do the work. Most of your Dept Managers are overpaid and contribute little.

High Ranking Officials do not keep their words. They speak just to sound good and get away from the situation.

Senior Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) Seoul (South Korea)

ProsGood Remuneration. Friendly culture. Balanced Life.

ConsDiscrimination based on nationalities, generally do not practice the policies and rules indicated on their website/ intranet.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry speaking plain truth most of the time unless very essential. This will build better confidence in the minds of employees.

technical staff

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgood work culture, friendly environment

Consbad management, very less salary

Advice to Senior Managementits good.

The company has many pros but also a few cons.

Project Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe work is interesting and the salary is fair. They have a great reputation that they try to cultivate. They seem to be truly concerned about safety on the job and in the home. If you're willing to relocate there seem to be many national and international opportunities.

Conswe're expected to pay for a large part of the health insurance. in our local office, and particular division there are not that many projects.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive us a break on what we're expected to pay for health insurance.

Great Company to Work With

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood Projects, Good Salaries, Good Work culture, Good Management, Great Place to learn and work, Good People, Professional Work environment.

ConsNo Cons i can think of the

Worked for Jacobs Engineering? Contribute to the Community!