Jacobus Energy Reviews

2.8

Chuck Jacobus Jr
1 Rating

Challenging

I worked at Jacobus Energy full-time for more than a year

Pros

I enjoy my position for the work I do was the exact work that I was hired for. I enjoy working behind the scenes and learning new things. Sometime you're able to take on specific challenges that will push you to do better and achieve higher goals.

Cons

No growth in positions there - hard time switching roles.

None.

Exhausting

I worked at Jacobus Energy full-time

Pros

The benefits aren't that bad and they try to keep us at market pay. Some of the managers are fantastic-tax manager, majority of IT, logistics center guys are really hard working.

Cons

We were short staffed and I overheard the Gene (President? Not exactly sure of his function) ask, "What do these people do all day?" He said this in regards to all of the employees in the west bull pen-right in front of accounts payable.

One person on senior management who I reported to told me that (s)he wanted no part of my work and didn't want me reporting to him or her. This person is a bulldozer and brings out nasty language whenever something doesn't go her way.

Think about training, innovation-don't just do what you learned from your father. The only way to succeed is to go beyond what you know.

Great company to start your career

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Jacobus Energy

Pros

The sales team is treated well by management. they spend a lot of money on new technology to get a leg up on competitors, and they provide good training of the consultative sales approach. the corporate office is in milwaukee and the company has a midwestern friendly and family like atmosphere. Benefits and 401k plan are very good, including great medical and profit sharing. Sales reps are given a good amount of autonomy in the field and a good sized territory to work with. You must perform there, but if you do, job security is quite good. Producers can advance quite well.

Cons

There is, like most other companies, a 2 week vacation period per year, and this doesnt go up until year 5. if you are in sales and you are not producing, maybe think twice about taking a week off.

More training

Worked for Jacobus Energy? Contribute to the Community!