Jacobus Energy

Be The First To
Add Photos

Chuck Jacobus Jr

Challenging

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI enjoy my position for the work I do was the exact work that I was hired for. I enjoy working behind the scenes and learning new things. Sometime you're able to take on specific challenges that will push you to do better and achieve higher goals.

ConsNo growth in positions there - hard time switching roles.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone.

Exhausting

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe benefits aren't that bad and they try to keep us at market pay. Some of the managers are fantastic-tax manager, majority of IT, logistics center guys are really hard working.

ConsWe were short staffed and I overheard the Gene (President? Not exactly sure of his function) ask, "What do these people do all day?" He said this in regards to all of the employees in the west bull pen-right in front of accounts payable.

One person on senior management who I reported to told me that (s)he wanted no part of my work and didn't want me reporting to him or her. This person is a bulldozer and brings out nasty language whenever something doesn't go her way.

Advice to Senior ManagementThink about training, innovation-don't just do what you learned from your father. The only way to succeed is to go beyond what you know.

Great company to start your career

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Milwaukee, WI

ProsThe sales team is treated well by management. they spend a lot of money on new technology to get a leg up on competitors, and they provide good training of the consultative sales approach. the corporate office is in milwaukee and the company has a midwestern friendly and family like atmosphere. Benefits and 401k plan are very good, including great medical and profit sharing. Sales reps are given a good amount of autonomy in the field and a good sized territory to work with. You must perform there, but if you do, job security is quite good. Producers can advance quite well.

ConsThere is, like most other companies, a 2 week vacation period per year, and this doesnt go up until year 5. if you are in sales and you are not producing, maybe think twice about taking a week off.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore training

Worked for Jacobus Energy? Contribute to the Community!