Jacobus Energy

2.4

Chuck Jacobus Jr

Customer Service

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Jacobus Energy full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Owners are within the corporate walls so there's a sense of "family" value within the office. Sales are treated very well.

Cons

There's very little to no opportunity for advancement. Lack of reference materials to assist perform job duties.

Provide employees with the software, tools, and knowledge that they need to effectively and efficiently perform job duties as expected. Stop asking customers and employees to "overlook" errors caused by shortcuts.

Very stressful place to work at - too many people stuck in their old habits of doing things

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Jacobus Energy full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Has PTO so you could take off from this place

Cons

Lack of confidence in management. Employees that has been there for a while are too stuck in their ways to even want to help new people coming in. Training is horrible and depending on what department you're in it could be worse. There is no room for advancement and it is hard switching roles. HR does not keep private issues private and discuss things with people whom should not know anything about the matter. This has been the worst company I've ever worked for.

To actually start listening and implementing ideas and solutions based on the actual people who work in the area and not someone coming from the outside and deciding how they think things should go. Some big ideas are not fit for small companies.

Challenging

I worked at Jacobus Energy full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I enjoy my position for the work I do was the exact work that I was hired for. I enjoy working behind the scenes and learning new things. Sometime you're able to take on specific challenges that will push you to do better and achieve higher goals.

Cons

No growth in positions there - hard time switching roles.

None.

Exhausting

I worked at Jacobus Energy full-time

Pros

The benefits aren't that bad and they try to keep us at market pay. Some of the managers are fantastic-tax manager, majority of IT, logistics center guys are really hard working.

Cons

We were short staffed and I overheard the Gene (President? Not exactly sure of his function) ask, "What do these people do all day?" He said this in regards to all of the employees in the west bull pen-right in front of accounts payable.

One person on senior management who I reported to told me that (s)he wanted no part of my work and didn't want me reporting to him or her. This person is a bulldozer and brings out nasty language whenever something doesn't go her way.

Think about training, innovation-don't just do what you learned from your father. The only way to succeed is to go beyond what you know.

Great company to start your career

I worked at Jacobus Energy

Pros

The sales team is treated well by management. they spend a lot of money on new technology to get a leg up on competitors, and they provide good training of the consultative sales approach. the corporate office is in milwaukee and the company has a midwestern friendly and family like atmosphere. Benefits and 401k plan are very good, including great medical and profit sharing. Sales reps are given a good amount of autonomy in the field and a good sized territory to work with. You must perform there, but if you do, job security is quite good. Producers can advance quite well.

Cons

There is, like most other companies, a 2 week vacation period per year, and this doesnt go up until year 5. if you are in sales and you are not producing, maybe think twice about taking a week off.

More training