Jaguar Land Rover

www.jaguarlandrover.com

Jaguar Land Rover Reviews

Updated Jul 15, 2014
Jaguar Land Rover – Wolverhampton – “New Engine Manufacturing Centre”

Ralf Speth

Pros
  • Good long term prospects, excellent products, some great people(in 5 reviews)

• Was a great place to work, depending on the department, team and people in your area(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Traditionally poor work life balance but this is being tackled(in 3 reviews)

• Only upper management received bonuses(in 2 reviews)

Great people, great brands, but stressful work environment

Customer Relations Manager (Former Employee) Mahwah, NJ

ProsThe people and the brands are great. Exciting product and a great future.

ConsWork hours, stress, lack of life and work balance. Only upper management received bonuses.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward those that work hard and that means everyone. Recognize that people have a life outside of the workplace.

Fun if there was enough work

ProsNice vehicles to work on and occasionally drive

ConsNot enough work in shop. Techs sit around most days waiting and then have to jump over each other to get the work.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay the techs

Culture. ( management by fear )

Field (Former Employee) Mahwah, NJ

ProsGreat products and potential due to the huge investment by Tata.

ConsAt some point the job market will open and good evmployees will leave.They manage by fear. Most employees just keep their heads down . Just a job, no longer a career for most.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of your forced ranking performance reviews.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Excellent

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat place for growth and impovement

Consnone. There is a great deal of knowledge.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing.

Best internship I could ask for

Marketing Intern (Former Employee)

ProsWhat makes amazing cars even better? The people in the company. Some of the brightest, most passionate, and most helpful people I've met so far in all my internships.

ConsAdministrative software isn't world's best practice yet for sure, it is taking time to get upgraded but it is slowly getting there. At least the company is recognizing this and making appropriate investments.

A scrupulous, dishonest company

Management (Former Employee)

ProsThe product is exciting and ever-changing.

ConsThe corporate culture is one of dishonesty and outright fraud. I have witnessed the upper management lie to retail partners about the financial status of the company and withhold payments to inflate their balance sheet. Their philosophy is to protect home office first despite their financial obligations to partners

Advice to Senior ManagementBe careful, you are subjecting yourselves to potential civil liability.

Tata ownership - huge culture change

Finance Manager (Former Employee) Mahwah, NJ

ProsExciting industry, iconic brands, the best and most luxurious SUV on the market. Great culture at Uk headquarter, difficult environment at the US headquarter. All decision making moved to the UK.

ConsCompany is a shadow of its old self. Under Ford ownership it was run from the US but had great processes, very high calibre people, currently ran from India and the UK, many of the top notch employees have left. Land Rover is keeping perennially ailing Jaguar brand on life support.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn from the other top luxury car makers, There is a sense of entitlement at Jaguar but they have to earn their place in order to be considered equal to the other luxury marquees.

Not at all what I expected

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Mahwah, NJ

ProsGreat location; some nice folks;

ConsPoor management; full-time employees who feel entitled to their jobs, yet display very poor work ethics; inconsistent work hours & lunch periods.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagers should be trained on how to effectively manage.

Best work experience ever

CAD Designer Catia V5 (Current Employee) Gaydon, England (UK)

ProsWhat could be better than a job you do with passion?! A job where you enjoy working with the best people who are also working with passion, a job where you always learn something new and always put your mind to seek to obtain new solutions, best performance you can get from every part!. I enjoy every moment here. It's great!

ConsSometimes it seems a lack of organization, but this is normal considering the massive increase of staff lately.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up in this way and we will be for sure the best automobile company ever!

Great potential for a career of a lifetime.

Production Operative (Current Employee) Liverpool, England (UK)

ProsGreat career prospects with regards to 'moving up the ladder.' JLR are great at spotting potential in individuals and encouraging them to advance. Whatever your role is in here you are guaranteed job satisfaction.

ConsThe computer systems and parts of the factory are very dated. In some parts of the factory where there are large numbers of people, there can be a 'playground mentality'. It can be hard to raise a grievance against senior management as there is an 'us and them' mentality amongst some of them.

Advice to Senior ManagementI believe management are very good at spotting and nurturing employees talents. The companies values are cascaded well. The only advice I can offer is for them to form their own opinions of people and not judge on the opinion of their peers.

Worked for Jaguar Land Rover? Contribute to the Community!