www.jambajuice.com

Updated November 23, 2014
3.1

Jamba Juice Chairman, President, and CEO James D. White
James D. White

Pros
  • Free smoothies were probably the best part (in 30 reviews)

• Fun environment, Non-professional requirements (in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • Leadership team is strong overall, but some executive team members not quite as strong as others (in 28 reviews)

• low pay, manager said possibly misleading things about career opportunities during interview (in 23 reviews)

More Highlights

Great

Current Employee - Team Member in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Team Member in Washington, DC

I have been working at Jamba Juice full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The People
    the Drinks
    the Environmental
    the Business hours

Cons

the poor management
    The rude customers
    The uniforms
    The store is too small

Do better

Fun

Current Employee - Team Member in Del Mar, CA
    Current Employee - Team Member in Del Mar, CA

I have been working at Jamba Juice part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Very energetic, fast paced. Was always greeted by happy customers and being able to help them was rewarding.

Cons

Focuses on being happy rather than efficient. Can be stressful at times. Hard to request days off for vacation or a date.

Fun Environment

Current Employee - Team Member in Gilbert, AZ
    Current Employee - Team Member in Gilbert, AZ

I have been working at Jamba Juice part-time (less than an year)

Pros

It's fast paced and fun! Coworkers can be really fun, and it's great to work one on one with happy, energetic customers!

Cons

There's not a lot of room for growth, it's minimum wage and it's intended for teenagers.

Don't waste food! Donate it to a local charity!

It is decent. Franchise owners go back and forth on what their expectations are, which makes it confusing. Friendly environment, but lower gross salary for the sales volume.

Current Employee - General Manager in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - General Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Jamba Juice full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good hours, friendly owners, no micro-managing.

Cons

Lower base pay compared to sales volume, confusion on expectations, not very good bonus programs or vacation time.

When you state an expectation or a rule, stick to it. Don't go back on your word.

A fun place to work with cool people and good customer service experience

Former Employee - Team Member in Rexburg, ID
    Former Employee - Team Member in Rexburg, ID

I worked at Jamba Juice part-time (more than an year)

Pros

It was good to work there because of the people I worked with. We always had a good time and were happy. The customer was able to feel that. It's a good job to help pay for school.

Cons

In the college town where I worked, it was hard to move up and hard to get time off. The pay is minimal.

Take team members recommendation into consideration.

It was okay but the pay sucks

Current Employee - Shift Lead in Aurora, CO
    Current Employee - Shift Lead in Aurora, CO

I have been working at Jamba Juice part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Not much business in winter

Cons

Slow days are horrible but it could be worst

Corporate can be annoying

Their true core value is making profit.

Former Employee - Assistant General Manager in Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Assistant General Manager in Fremont, CA

I worked at Jamba Juice full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible schedule. You build relationships with the people you work with.
    Maybe, you'll be lucky and work with a great manager, but those are hard to come by because they promote just about anybody.

Cons

"Inspire and simplify healthy living" and make a profit by doing so. Corporate doesn't care about the well being of their employees. All they want to do is make more money.
    They will never pay you enough for the mental and physical stress you go through every day. Customers are brutal because they expect a perfect smoothie/juice the second after they order it (which is impossible because it doesn't just come out of thin air), and they are spoiled. They tighten labor so much that you never have time to properly train, learn, or complete tasks. Therefore, you have managers that can't discipline and employees that don't care. Food safety is brushed off like it's no big deal (yes, most stores have employees who don't wash their hands, don't check food temperatures, eat in the kitchen, use expired fruit and vegetables, and sell expired food).Unnecessary policy and standards are placed and strictly reinforced. You are expected to be fast, be friendly, sell a certain number of juices, bowls, and cold pressed juices, inform every customer about Jamba insider, engage with every customer, sample every second of the day, accomplish all tasks from a large daily checklist, and smile while being extremely short staffed, undertrained, and being payed minimum wage.

If you don't know how to manage, don't be a manager. If you don't know how to lead, don't be a shift lead.

Great for flexible school schedule, otherwise not so great for career growth

Former Employee - Team Member in Covington, WA
    Former Employee - Team Member in Covington, WA

I worked at Jamba Juice as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

I had this job during my first year of college, so the flexible schedule was great with my classes. At my store I was fortunate to have great team members to work with, able to pick up hours at alternate locations, free smoothies on the shift, and the business hours were ideal considering I wasn't off too late.

Cons

Uniforms aren't the greatest... I'm not exactly a hat person. Also when the temperatures drop, so does everyone's hours which usually leads to a few people being laid off or working under part time. There's not a whole lot of room for personal growth unless you're looking into a team lead or management position and the team leads had additional responsibility with only a minuscule pay raise.

Offer better compensation for team leads.

Great Place for First Time Workers

I worked at Jamba Juice part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Usually a fairly small staff, so employee relations are easy. Opportunity for small upward movement, ie shift leader/store manager. All in all a very easy job if you're good at recipe memorization. Can be a great stepping stone for barista work.

Cons

EXTREMELY team spirit oriented, so much so that it can begin to feel a bit cult-like. If your someone who suffers from mood disorders working here may be difficult as they would like you to be manically happy all day long every day. To be honesty they're selling a lifestyle and in the end you must at least appear as if you are apart of that. Absolutely no benefits.

Remember that your employees are humans that will experience a range of emotions and sometimes jumping up and down and cheering all day is not always conducive to a happy/productive work environment.

Fast paced, under appreciated work place.

Former Employee - Team Member in South Pasadena, CA
    Former Employee - Team Member in South Pasadena, CA

I worked at Jamba Juice as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Smoothies(50% off)
    The employers were all around the same age which made it a fun overall experience. Flexibility is available for those who have previous engagements such as school.

Cons

A lot of cleaning.
    Unclear manager(only my store)
    not many hours

Better hours, and a new method toward training new employees. i felt really rushed when I started. Again probably just my store.

Jamba Juice Photos

Parking lot view of the Jamba Juice headquarter office located in Emeryville, CA (Photo by Coolcaesar - available under CC-BY-NC-SA 3.0 & GFDL, v1.62)
Outside